Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Well i don't take part this topic to much but this past couple days i have had a busy mail man !

FIRST MY GOOD FRIEND RICK FROM SCALE DREAMS.COM !

21 sets of wire wheels !

101_4468.jpg

101_4469.jpg

added to me wire shelf totals 37 !

101_4471.jpg

101_4473.jpg

a couple of days ago i got these !

101_4352.jpg

101_4353.jpg

and last week i got these !

101_4301.jpg

put them all together with the others i had on hand !

101_4354.jpg

I spend alot of my modeling time building Lowriders so i stock up on my Lowrider items LOL !

I also put out a wanted list over on the LAY IT LOW.com Web site and i got a ton of items from over there in the past month but never took pic's cause i didn't know about this topic but as of this week i do !

So i will now keep you fellas up to date on the inbound of MINIDREAMS INC. :P

There you go showin off again, Dave. ;)

hey david whoud u trade one of them revell caprice police cars for a half built taxi cab? i have the front and rear glass and a white hood

BUBA TO BE HONEST I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE TERMS ARE ON MCM ABOUT SELLING AND TRADING AND DON'T WANT TO START ANY TROUBLE ! I WAS BANNED ON SCALEAUTO.COM CAUSE SOMEONE MADE A COMMENT ABOUT A FEW UNWANTED MOTORCYCLES SO I ASK WHAT WOULD HE WANT FOR THEM ! THEY BANNED MY ACCOUNT AND WHEN ASKED THE REPLY WAS THAT TRADING AND BUYING WAS NOT ALLOWED ON THEIR FORUM AND THE HAVE 0 TOLERANCE FOR ANYONE TAKING SUCH ACTIONS !

I KNOW GREG PERSONALY AND DON'T WANT TO DISOBEY ANY FORUM RULES ! I KNOW HE HAS A FREE AUCTION SITE SET UP FOR US AT eMODELS.COM FOR US TO SELL ON BUT I DON'T KNOW THE RULES ON TRADING ! SO AT THIS TIME I HAVE TO NO ON DOING ANY TYPE OF TRADING .

PLEASE UNDERSTAND ITS NOTHING PERSONAL , I JUST DON'T WANT TO DISRESPECT MY FRIEND GREG !

BUBA TO BE HONEST I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE TERMS ARE ON MCM ABOUT SELLING AND TRADING AND DON'T WANT TO START ANY TROUBLE ! I WAS BANNED ON SCALEAUTO.COM CAUSE SOMEONE MADE A COMMENT ABOUT A FEW UNWANTED MOTORCYCLES SO I ASK WHAT WOULD HE WANT FOR THEM ! THEY BANNED MY ACCOUNT AND WHEN ASKED THE REPLY WAS THAT TRADING AND BUYING WAS NOT ALLOWED ON THEIR FORUM AND THE HAVE 0 TOLERANCE FOR ANYONE TAKING SUCH ACTIONS !

I KNOW GREG PERSONALY AND DON'T WANT TO DISOBEY ANY FORUM RULES ! I KNOW HE HAS A FREE AUCTION SITE SET UP FOR US AT eMODELS.COM FOR US TO SELL ON BUT I DON'T KNOW THE RULES ON TRADING ! SO AT THIS TIME I HAVE TO NO ON DOING ANY TYPE OF TRADING .

PLEASE UNDERSTAND ITS NOTHING PERSONAL , I JUST DON'T WANT TO DISRESPECT MY FRIEND GREG !

Dave, selling on MCM is prohibited, but trading is allowed (but not trading for flat green paper with dead presidents pics on them). SO SEND ME THEM CAPRICES AND 1109'S ALREADY. B)

While Cruizin my Local CL I come across these

Lil more than I wanted to fork over but it was all or nuttin.

(I'm no Trekkie either but it's also semi built anywhoo)

Darn Revell Peterbilt 359 is missing all wheels and tires and maybe more.

PA310001.jpg

But this come with it.

PA310004.jpg

And this came in the mail today. :)

PA310003.jpg

Like most these days I am short on funds and can't justify spending much for modeling lately. Today I stopped at my LHS to browse and found that they were selling some paints at clearance. I got 21 1/4 oz and 1/2 oz bottles of Testors enamels for 10 cents a bottle. Some colors were Sublime green, Alumacoupe yellow, Chezoom teal, rubber, steel, Plum Crazy purple, Kandy Scarlet and some others.

My score wasn't as spectacular as some of the others here, but I was excited. Now if I could just come up with the money for some of the kits they had.

Later-

Like most these days I am short on funds and can't justify spending much for modeling lately. Today I stopped at my LHS to browse and found that they were selling some paints at clearance. I got 21 1/4 oz and 1/2 oz bottles of Testors enamels for 10 cents a bottle. Some colors were Sublime green, Alumacoupe yellow, Chezoom teal, rubber, steel, Plum Crazy purple, Kandy Scarlet and some others.

My score wasn't as spectacular as some of the others here, but I was excited. Now if I could just come up with the money for some of the kits they had.

Later-

Heck, I'd be pinching myself if I found good paints at .10 cents a bottle! You definitely got a great find!

While Cruizin my Local CL I come across these

Lil more than I wanted to fork over but it was all or nuttin.

(I'm no Trekkie either but it's also semi built anywhoo)

Darn Revell Peterbilt 359 is missing all wheels and tires and maybe more.

PA310001.jpg

But this come with it.

PA310004.jpg

And this came in the mail today. :lol:

PA310003.jpg

Can them celicas be built with out the body flares? I'v always wanted that kit but have never seen it openend up and really dont want the flares on it !

Can them celicas be built with out the body flares? I'v always wanted that kit but have never seen it openend up and really dont want the flares on it !

Yes

Hasegawa 1600GT No motor but nice chassis detail

has21112c.jpg

has21112.jpg

One I don't have but nice too.

Aoshima Celica LB2000GT

abk147835.jpg

Edited by Zukiholic

Since my first Social Security check should be here in a couple of months, I decided to start spending it. Went to Lowe's and bought a 2 Campbell/Hausfield 2 gallon air compressor and it had a nail gun too! I want the compressor to sit on my paint cart/booth but be portable to be able to inflate tires, etc.

100_0836.jpg

Since my first Social Security check should be here in a couple of months, I decided to start spending it. Went to Lowe's and bought a 2 Campbell/Hausfield 2 gallon air compressor and it had a nail gun too! I want the compressor to sit on my paint cart/booth but be portable to be able to inflate tires, etc.

100_0836.jpg

I have one of them too. They are pretty good for small jobs like airbrush work and nail guns and such. Only thing is, they are pretty noisy though. The built in reg is nice, but I'd add another one after your water trap if you want to use it to paint with an air brush.

Edited by dwc43

DWC43 - I was going to try connecting it up today with a water filter. While I'm out getting parts, I think I'll take your advise and get another pressure regulator.

Make sure to get one with a gauge. I don't think the factory

gauge on mine is that accurate. I tried setting it and painting and the paint looked spotted, dimpled or something. Not sure how to explain it, but it gave me the idea it was still running too high an air pressure for my air brush gun. I still like it over all, especially for the price. I've sunk a few nails and staples that came with it and they work well.

Here's a link where I wrote up a little review of this unit after I had it a few days. I've had it since about April.

http://moparperformancechat.forumotion.net...ressor-t286.htm

Edited by dwc43

dwc43 - took your advise and bought another air regulator. First one from Advanced Auto but I didn't like it. Only a 1/4 turn closed to full open. It went back and I bought a Campbell Hausfield mini-regulator. I'm all set except to get some paint to put through the airbrush. That won't happen until after Veterans Day in Washington, DC.

dwc43 - took your advise and bought another air regulator. First one from Advanced Auto but I didn't like it. Only a 1/4 turn closed to full open. It went back and I bought a Campbell Hausfield mini-regulator. I'm all set except to get some paint to put through the airbrush. That won't happen until after Veterans Day in Washington, DC.

Good idea. I don't think you'll be disappointed in it. It's worked pretty good for me so far.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...