Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

6 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

You like the Cobra, Sam? How about this one that I just won on eBay? Another one that I'm looking forward to getting in my hands. I'm not sure why they listed it as "Complete Sealed" and then in their comments and pictures it's opened and "may be missing parts". From the pictures though it looks to be complete.

Is the Revell version good? I have several other Zs by makers, but not one of those. Wheels look good.

5 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Is the Revell version good? I have several other Zs by makers, but not one of those. Wheels look good.

I'm not sure. I have only had one other Z kit. It was the stock '81 (I believe it was). I don't have this one in hand yet. It looks to be the same as the BRE kit but with different decals. BTW, there was a sealed BRE kit that went for $12 just an hour later.

Later-

6 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

I'm not sure. I have only had one other Z kit. It was the stock '81 (I believe it was). I don't have this one in hand yet. It looks to be the same as the BRE kit but with different decals. BTW, there was a sealed BRE kit that went for $12 just an hour later.

Later-

Yes, it is the BRE Z with different decals. Nice kit for the time. 

9 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Later-

Wish I could pick one up for that sort of price here!

I got a couple things I'd been wanting... Luckily they got delivered while the wife wasn't looking.

I got this unbuilt Jo-Han Plymouth Fury in it's box for about the price of a new kit. I built this '62 Plymouth as a kid and wanted to try it again (and not paint the exhaust orange and the firewall red and the etc etc). The seller thought it may have been a resin repro, and I thought it may have been also at first, but Its' not; there's just a good bit of flash on some of the parts.

IMG_1184.jpg.bb809f722680ffbe614ea1657cc0f110.jpg

As a Model A nut, I was psyched to find this open, but complete kit for less than $100 + free shipping. Yes, I'm going to build it.

IMG_1185.jpg.2202b3cef3daaedb9fd90adc26d950ae.jpg 

20 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Came home to find my recently purchased AMX waiting for me. Just like it looked in the pics. An older built-up in a semi dismantled state but completely restorable. I'm jazzed about having this.

Later-

IMG_20200727_164604540.jpg

Sweet! and you got a hood you don't have to fill holes in! What kind of wheels? 

2 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Came home to find my recently purchased AMX waiting for me. Just like it looked in the pics. An older built-up in a semi dismantled state but completely restorable. I'm jazzed about having this.

Later-

IMG_20200727_164604540.jpg

Sweet score Tom! 

3 hours ago, Rodent said:

Dropped by the LHS today and they had the Chevelle. Grabbed the trailer while I was at it, and some Tamiya paint.

IMG_20200727_190828.jpg

Nice!.... I got the Chevelle SS last week.... 

I'm a little curious if that hauler can be hooked up to a sleeper rig......

I didn't get this, today. I've had it for quite some time. I decided  to post it, now, for two reasons: One, I found it on Ebay, for a dollar, shipping included. So, it's dirt cheap. Two, I got it down to use it, yesterday. I hadn't put alcohol in it, for at least two months, and I didn't fill it, then. Yesterday, it still had alcohol in it. Just thought I'd pass it along. It's cheap, and good!

DSC_0017cr.jpg

15 hours ago, gwolf said:

I got a couple things I'd been wanting... Luckily they got delivered while the wife wasn't looking.

I got this unbuilt Jo-Han Plymouth Fury in it's box for about the price of a new kit. I built this '62 Plymouth as a kid and wanted to try it again (and not paint the exhaust orange and the firewall red and the etc etc). The seller thought it may have been a resin repro, and I thought it may have been also at first, but Its' not; there's just a good bit of flash on some of the parts.

IMG_1184.jpg.bb809f722680ffbe614ea1657cc0f110.jpg

As a Model A nut, I was psyched to find this open, but complete kit for less than $100 + free shipping. Yes, I'm going to build it.

IMG_1185.jpg.2202b3cef3daaedb9fd90adc26d950ae.jpg 

Two really nice kits!  I really would like to see the 30 model A come back...

8 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

I'm a little curious if that hauler can be hooked up to a sleeper rig......

They suggest both the KW and Pete as suitable to pull it. I suppose that you would have to slide the 5th wheel back most of the way.

14 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I didn't get this, today. I've had it for quite some time. I decided  to post it, now, for two reasons: One, I found it on Ebay, for a dollar, shipping included. So, it's dirt cheap. Two, I got it down to use it, yesterday. I hadn't put alcohol in it, for at least two months, and I didn't fill it, then. Yesterday, it still had alcohol in it. Just thought I'd pass it along. It's cheap, and good!

DSC_0017cr.jpg

What do you use it for?  

2 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

What do you use it for?  

I use it to stretch sprue, and also, to heat the ends of styrene rod, to make things that need a little ball on the end, or, as I will use it next, to make the body for some globe valves, since I have handles for them, but, no valves. It also works well for heat-forming sheet over a carved buck.

2 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

I use it to stretch sprue, and also, to heat the ends of styrene rod, to make things that need a little ball on the end, or, as I will use it next, to make the body for some globe valves, since I have handles for them, but, no valves. It also works well for heat-forming sheet over a carved buck.

Ahh, interesting!  I never used one of those - sounds like you got a real bargain with that one!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...