Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

That particular one cost me £25 shipped, which seems to be good going for a recent Hasegawa release. The seller has at least one other on eBay, they list at £35 you can make an offer. I put it in my watch list and got a notification that they'd sell for £25.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hasegawa-1-24-Nissan-Skyline-GTS-R-R31-Damaged-Box-C29/154033187682

Haven't yet received it, so I can't say in person but the built-up photos with the listing look very good:

s-l1600.jpg

The standard wheels aren't very flattering, some BBS RG or mesh wheels will better. Will be interesting to see whether the underbonnet area would be suitable for an RB26 swap from Tamiya's R32 GT-R. A quick look at the instructions on HobbySearch shows it have decent-looking suspension.

The Fujimi versions I already have aren't too bad, certainly better than their terrible R30 Skyline, and they do 4-door versions as well which appeals to me (I rescued a South African spec 1:1 saloon from a scrapyard some years ago). You have to accept with them that the chassis detailing is very simplistic, so best regarded as a kerbside.

I dont mind curbside, I put a calibra chassis under a kennmary a few years ago and made it twin turbo, and just put a cedric together with one of the fujimi parts pack engines

DSC02076.JPG

Early Bird U.S.127 Yard/garage Sales. Got the 1/8 1985 Corvette, Revell Peterbilt firetruck, Die cast Ford Fire truck Model's bundle price of $50.00. Same seller had the AMT Areo Chief which after looking at other sellers item's I went and bought it for $15.00.

DSC04989.JPG

DSC04990.JPG

DSC04991.JPG

DSC04992.JPG

DSC04993.JPG

DSC04994.JPG

DSC04995.JPG

DSC04996.JPG

DSC04997.JPG

9 minutes ago, ranma said:

Early Bird U.S.127 Yard/garage Sales. Got the 1/8 1985 Corvette, Revell Peterbilt firetruck, Die cast Ford Fire truck Model's bundle price of $50.00. Same seller had the AMT Areo Chief which after looking at other sellers item's I went and bought it for $15.00.

DSC04989.JPG

DSC04990.JPG

DSC04991.JPG

DSC04992.JPG

DSC04993.JPG

DSC04994.JPG

DSC04995.JPG

DSC04996.JPG

DSC04997.JPG

Wow! Score of the year right there!

15 hours ago, Danno said:

Can't identify it yet; no hints now.  It's an exciting subject and a very impressive, comprehensive, extensive kit!  But, it will fill a 55 year hole in our hobby!  Just wait till you see this! 

At last - a '65 Lark Daytona!

No? Ah. '65 Skylark GS!

No? Oh I know - '65 Mercury Colony Park!

No? Wait - Round2 found the Hero '66 Imperial tool and redid it as a full detail Green Hornet Black Beauty!

(Anyone else wanna play here? :lol: - "comprehensive, extensive" so it's not a Round2 reissue)

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Oh, man, Chris!  What a great guess: the ‘65 Lark Daytona!  

Wrong, but a great guess. I wish that’s what it was . . . Sorry.

It does sound fun, though.  I don’t have permission to announce what it is, but if someone gets it, well . . .

I haven’t been told it can’t be confirmed . . . ?

7 minutes ago, Danno said:

Oh, man, Chris!  What a great guess: the ‘65 Lark Daytona!  

Wrong, but a great guess. I wish that’s what it was . . . Sorry.

It does sound fun, though.  I don’t have permission to announce what it is, but if someone gets it, well . . .

I haven’t been told it can’t be confirmed . . . ?

All I can say is that with this much hype, it better be a goody!

I pray it's not some NASCAR kit or something like that. :rolleyes:

Steve

On 8/5/2020 at 1:44 PM, doorsovdoon said:

Since watching Geoff's build of his blue '57 I've been telling myself I have no room for more models, but I couldn't resist last night and bought an AMT '57! Stop making such nice builds, try blurring the camera or something, Lol!

57 Chev.jpg

Gareth, I hate to break it to you but that isn't the same kit Geoff,s building. 

He's building the newer tool hi-detail kit.

This one is the old less detailed kit which originally dates back from the '60s.

It's still a nicely proportioned kit and looks great when done but just not nearly as much detail.

Wanted something different to build. Got this today. The body is multi piece. Anyone know if it can be assembled first, or will it complicate the build. Comes with a straight 6. Being an Opel, (1938-39), would the 6 be similar to a Chevy?  Can't wait to start this.

20200806_145647_HDR.jpg

Today was the Official start of the annual U.S.127 yard/garage sale's All were bought in my home county. Photo's are from Internet/ebay. ** Note** My amt Jaguar is factory sealed, paid $3.00 for it. The 1910 Maxwell (there are two of them ) one is the 1950 pull toy missing the cable the other is the 60's model kit. The Revell Hot Rod ford's are missing the Instruction sheet's and decals. From Ebay a 1992 summit white Chevy Silverado c-1500

Revell hot rod ford s.jpg

amt Jag.jpg

1910 Maxwell p.jpg

1992 C-1500.jpg

Edited by ranma

2 hours ago, Chuckyg1 said:

Wanted something different to build. Got this today. The body is multi piece. Anyone know if it can be assembled first, or will it complicate the build. Comes with a straight 6. Being an Opel, (1938-39), would the 6 be similar to a Chevy?  Can't wait to start this.

Here's an old thread about that kit.  This builder hot-rodded it, but he does have some comments that may help about the body assembly sequence.

On 8/5/2020 at 12:26 AM, Danno said:

I received a beta kit today. No, not a plastic fish assembly kit.

I'm one of four guys selected by the manufacturer to get a pre-production kit to "beta test" . . .  build it and report a detailed review to the manufacturer so that any necessary adjustments (if any) can be made before releasing the kit for sale.

Can't identify it yet; no hints now.  It's an exciting subject and a very impressive, comprehensive, extensive kit!  But, it will fill a 55 year hole in our hobby!  Just wait till you see this!  

We have a short timeline, as the manufacturer wants to announce it for release in about a month. 

So, I have to drop everything to commence this emergency build.  If it's as good as it looks in pieces, it will be a crowning touch for this manufacturer and extinguish a burning desire in the hobby!

Stand by - and save some of your disposable income. Don't let it burn a hole in your pocket, you're gonna like this!  More to come . . . 

?

So I'm finally getting thatSoviet  Chaika Limousine?

On 8/5/2020 at 12:26 AM, Danno said:

I received a beta kit today. No, not a plastic fish assembly kit...it will fill a 55 year hole in our hobby! ...crowning touch for this manufacturer

I haven’t been told it can’t be confirmed . . . ?

1965 Dodge D100?

Edited by keyser

Just swung by Hobby Lobby, hoping for a clearance sale.  Nope.  I bought the last "Art Box" '59 El Camino they had, with the coupon, just because that's a favorite kit and I don't know when we'll see it again.  Also picked up the Atlantis 1/48 White-Fruehauf tanker truck.

The big surprise:  this HL has restocked, and had the brand-new 1/24 scale Revell #07047 Land Rover Series III kit.  It did not have a price tag on it yet, and they only had 1 on the shelf.  

Also new on the shelf without price tags:  the Revell '29 Ford roadster and the AMT '65 Fairlane Modified Stocker.  Maybe they had just put those out and hadn't tagged them. 

No more "Supernatural" '67 Chevies.  I bought one in this store a few days ago. 

Dad and I Just swung by one of my local HL stores, no clearance kits like I was hoping, but I had this stupid idea this week and wanna try it in scale, so this fit the bill......0E6D9DE7-ECF7-47A4-AB99-AF5678412AE4.thumb.jpeg.f14e1fb84c298e95d94d69bcec5b2908.jpeg

Dad picked up that blue ‘57 kit as a “throw away” and a ‘68 Charger from Revell.  I also got a few R/C related items in from A-Main too.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...