Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 9/26/2020 at 1:15 AM, StevenGuthmiller said:

One of the fruits of a recent trade with Keith, (Bucky).

This extremely nice original issue AMT 1966 Plymouth Barracuda kit.

Pretty excited to see what I can do with it! :)

Anybody have a good idea if there is a good chassis and engine swap available from a modern kit?

Looks as if the Revell '69 Dart is a good match, although the chassis is a bit too long.

Any others that anyone knows of?

image.jpeg.00add5eb31b5c223fc8a07adb2a8a43d.jpeg

image.jpeg.a95a787b9c7f43820c3079a19fddb3fd.jpeg

Steve

nice score Steve.. I have the 65 amt barracuda and the 64 valiant.. The 71 duster chassis is close but will require some work to fit.

Cue Twilight Zone music......

April 15, I mailed wheel/tires to Sweden.  I got a PM on Sunday that the package had not arrived, asked if the tracking number was for this package, no it was for a domestic package mailed at the same time, bummer.  This is Tuesday, opened my mailbox and there was his package!  Went to the P.O. to get an explanation, clerk said that Sweden had stopped all incoming mail.  I asked if I had to pay again, no, so it's on it's third trip over the Atlantic.

And someone scanned instructions for a rare kit I recently bought, such a cool benefit of this forum!  ?

What the clerk said is simply not true! I and several others had a number of packages sent from US between April 5 -25. Normally, following the tracking, it would take 7-10 days to get to Sweden and then roughly an additional week to clear customs.

During these times, the first signs of any package arriving for any of us, were around June 20 with most, if not all, arriving within a month after that. Supposedly, everything was held up at Heathrow for a long time, and when that finally started to open up, it caused more delays further down in the transportation chain.

Now everything is more or less, back to almost normal shipping times.

Edited by Claes Ericsson

The clerk was wrong.
A few things i think have happend.
When the package arrived to sweden the post here changed the trackingnumber, they love to do that for some reson...
Then when the postoffice in the buyers area got it they sent* out a notification with through a textmessage, email or a letter letting him know it was waiting for him.

* = Thats what should happen in a perfect world... But in many cases they just dont care and dont let you know that the package has arrived and after 14 days it will get sent back to the sender.
During that time you cant track it, it will just say that they have recieved information about it and it is on its way/ in transit or waiting at a terminal somewhere to be sorted. Then they change the trackingnumber and the one provided is basically useless.

I cant count how many times i have had to go to the postoffice and use the provided tracking number to get a package i am waiting for, but thats only if it have the original trackingnumber.
Have they changed it well good luck with that...
I have also had to tell them the dimensions of the package and my name and that it should be there, every time i have been right..

Also noticed that when customs get their hands on a package it works much better for some reason.

Mail call. 1964 Oldsmobile. Missing axels and das a scratch in the windshield. Hopefully I can buff it out. I don’t understand some EBay sellers. They jus through everything in the box and send it off. Couldn’t.t they at least wrap the glass and tires up in baggies or something? One 1961 Buick Invicta tail light. Need one more. Tail lights and bezels for my 1961 Pontiac Bonneville. And a big thank you to Chrispcritter for sending me the 1962 Tempest tail light bezels. 

2389222D-39DE-4531-AFFF-14FC2FE69A13.jpeg

53BB2FFC-1850-4A8D-A2BD-44BC54306BB5.jpeg

EDEDDDB8-30B2-46FA-BA7E-37B6A8B93976.jpeg

89CB127E-935F-462C-90DA-EACD41307FFE.jpeg

5 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Mail call. 1964 Oldsmobile. Missing axels and das a scratch in the windshield. Hopefully I can buff it out. I don’t understand some EBay sellers. They jus through everything in the box and send it off. Couldn’t.t they at least wrap the glass and tires up in baggies or something? One 1961 Buick Invicta tail light. Need one more. Tail lights and bezels for my 1961 Pontiac Bonneville. And a big thank you to Chrispcritter for sending me the 1962 Tempest tail light bezels. 

2389222D-39DE-4531-AFFF-14FC2FE69A13.jpeg

Nice classic kit David!

55 minutes ago, cobraman said:

That is one heck of a short shot.  I don't believe I ever saw one so bad.

I've seen a couple about that bad, including a '66 Nova and a '68 Shelby. 

But now I'm gonna open up the two Vegas I just got from Model Roundup and make sure they're okay. :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I've seen a couple about that bad, including a '66 Nova and a '68 Shelby. 

But now I'm gonna open up the two Vegas I just got from Model Roundup and make sure they're okay. :unsure:

Yeah, I only opened one of mine, and it was fine...dare I open the 2nd one...

I got a pretty nice started but never painted or finished MPC '66 Corvette. The tires and a few minor parts are missing but nothing I can't rob from a common MPC '67 reissue, which I have a couple of in the stash. Original box but no instructions. I have another one that I think includes the instructions, maybe even the original decals, so I think I have enough to get a complete original factory stock '66 together and enough leftover stuff to do a '66 street cruiser. MIGHT even have enough goodies to do both a 327 and a 427! 

Not new today, but it did come out of the pond today.

This is a Revell 1962 Dodge Lancer that was part of a trade with fellow member Keith Buckner, (Bucky) about a week ago.

It was covered in heavy coats of silver and yellow paint, but after a few days of soaking, it's nearly completely clean.

There are a few small spots of stubborn silver paint that I'll need to address at some point, but for now, it's good enough.

Before

spacer.png

image.jpeg.bd37bb0ece26eca24c2df3e0a953bf67.jpeg

After

image.jpeg.23b897d592e4838926aa90d9d5c8b9a9.jpeg

image.jpeg.9fc24173617d452dff0ce888d24a1638.jpeg

Steve

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...