Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

25 minutes ago, cobraman said:

I built one of those fuel truck and if I remember right it is 1/48 scale. The kit i pretty nice and only the multi piece cab is a bit of a pain. There is no glass in the kit but pretty easy to make. I painted my truck red and white and ordered some Texaco decals for it. My first job was at a Texaco station back when they had full service. No pics because I sold it.

42 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

What scale is that tanker truck?

It is 1/48 scale, according to the instructions, and the cab is 4 pieces, the front panel, roof and sides and corresponding halves of the cab back walls.....plus the seats and seat piece are supposed to be installed before the cab is assembled.....

7 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Drug this home from Hobby Lobby today, judging by the pic on the bottom of the box, it’sssss gonna to be a rough one ?EE5E8F5D-9105-4945-8C6B-DCFE5DE5F039.jpeg.d3c654a89e3d04c063e69b586c18a957.jpeg

Wow - that built example doesn’t make me wanna build one.  Look at the top of those doors! ?

That said, I’m sure there’s some people out there who have been dying for a reissue of this and are pleased to see it back, so I won’t knock Atlantis for reissuing it...

On 10/2/2020 at 4:43 PM, Rob Hall said:

I've been lucky w/ orders from vendors in Japan and HK over the years, had a few lightly dented boxes but nothing serious.   

Over the years I've never had a problem with any orders I've had from Japan or Hong Kong, I wish some UK sellers would think about what they are posting, wrapped in a plastic bag or a jiffy bag really isn't good enough....

On 10/3/2020 at 4:53 PM, kelson said:

Mailcall from the last couple days?IMG_2219.thumb.JPG.4a670f15940d7169cf69c606f1db5671.JPGIMG_2222.thumb.JPG.9ebd5fb3faef8cde7871fbc5dc9d5e67.JPGIMG_2223.thumb.JPG.ebf1a2f752163dcd01bdf6acdff1024b.JPGIMG_2224.thumb.JPG.a3188b15205ccc28de8edce1129eb861.JPG

IMG_2221.JPG

Who makes those decals?

I got 5 cans of Testors newer laquer spray paint 1/2 price from the local Hobbytown USA. Also this week, got Revell's 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302, Heller's Renault R8 Gordini, and the original issue of MPC's 1927 Lincoln roadster Gangbusters, with the only set of golf clubs in 1/25th scale(that I know of).

Edited by MPi-KM

13 hours ago, MPi-KM said:

Who makes those decals?

I got 5 cans of Testors newer laquer spray paint 1/2 price from the local Hobbytown USA. Also this week, got Revell's 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302, Heller's Renault R8 Gordini, and the original issue of MPC's 1927 Lincoln roadster Gangbusters, with the only set of golf clubs in 1/25th scale(that I know of).

Hi,the decals came from Rayskits.com,he's over in Europe the shipping is a little expensive,but the quality is fantastic!.

12 hours ago, slusher said:

Curtis May I ask where you score the dealership sign?

Hi,i scored the sign off Ebay,they used to be $200.00-$300.00 on Ebay but now they sell between $40.00-50.00 dollars,i only paid $35.00 for mine?

1 hour ago, Sam I Am said:

That is one odd looking Honda.  Can I enquire of the cost? 

As I got it from ebay it was £9.99. I looked for it on various model shop sites and was out of stock, so I don't know the retail price.

A good thrift store find by my wife today - she’s so awesome at finding stuff I’ll use or enjoy...all the airbrush paints are unopened, $10 for the set, plus a pack of some model railroad lumber that I’m sure I’ll find a use for some day...

CA48D4D5-9C7E-489E-9273-5A6FC5AC783F.thumb.jpeg.d355dbe78151683d70659ad264708780.jpeg

Oh, and this month’s free hot rod mag arrived in the rack at the local supermarket - do any other areas have cool free local car mags like these?

6ACDD62F-4001-4424-B53E-CDE95BAAF558.thumb.jpeg.25684fa4a4114c4982997fcea9dab671.jpeg

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

One of the original AMT Vettes had them, IIRC ('64 convertible?)

Yah, '64 roadster, but it's a full golf bag, not individual clubs. 

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/amt-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/chevrolet/1961-1970/amt_64_corvette/1964_corvette_conve-4.html#media

My dad has been cleaning up his shop where I started working on models 20 plus years ago. He brought me a bag full of old testor's spray paints. I have the interstate batteries monogram kit to go with the green 18 paint. The yellow testor's goes back to pinewood derby cars from 1984 or so. The can missing the label is insignia red, from a B-17 build. Not sure if I'm brave enough to try any of them on anything nice.

20201006_193238.jpg

Bought my first Moebius kit today. Cautiously optimistic, but I wish Moe Howard was still around to give a great big Stooge-slap to whoever signed off on the "Twin I Beam" decal for the side emblem being left on the decal sheet. I hope I can find a good image of the correct one online and print it.

Even though it is a Custom Cab, I bought a can of AS-29 because it looked like a greenish tone that someone would have ordered for their work truck in 1966. I did a test shot on a spoon, and I think it will look good with TS-13 over it.

GlK7lpjvk6sKgGoO9vRxp2msJ14wvceFtvxw3ypjsw3QlSyGuqClFwc75tRY7-_lqPSBUdSTklxGTr7-kpFygLiYnjwZOmPpwaWyIAobE2lA2UuBg9Ua2RgHpQMB7F49ZBsuU1UoaVGoxygZ2yYZtjoSuV-XHVF5cMI9LHiBLsEIpaAgXTsPu9SSw56DBXpoSDdn4BJs-k-gIqx7ICa5UAdhD0yXmEECoY4VSaY-g8WQtp5y9ZDAbGzrXQIyjZ0xGR-BM2XeCC1K5lRnalTnvFDstE5IqxMknOyJZ-hlkqlCM0ZCZQcn7H6VtWkHjunHM53CmKYL-wXD-Opji8JaQCDcBkn9Nx3bBX_sBZRM8nD9JtvnD572XnoTO4MZgzyI6JWgLMuvoRlcmOL37dDDRhA4ZNc4bW5RQM5zfjusSJL8eiytRiJd6NPJf1A8cPYym-7YPswLK72HBD0H55mwNr2NgGvoefPsYnyzlaRhBOd1Mb4LxxsYdZqTJFx-ZGCKYP1g4CM3x0x_SkgnjPADKLpPus33lnPVEFQMPzesd6Akl4sGCPH3pn-laOhV_tunXmh-UHM4ZOBuHSrkoWxUYTJNnhoWJsYgkuhEXPFWbY0ZStvmO0UGcv_c2nrZD53joxNt03PWUsty09DpXQrZ8qvwYlRFaL-ZgNdjdUKKxUi4IotRBRJ_m2gPVtBU-Q=w1034-h646-no?authuser=0

Iceman Collections engines, two Hellcat V8s, and the VW VR6.  The Cheetah has won me over for getting all my attention lately.  The Corrado is just a scarce interesting subject for me, who knows when that will get done.  Same with the 300C, I have the photo-etch, got the dash chromed, now I can put the Hellcat engine in it, or maybe the Silhouette if I get a wild hair.

IMG_0247.thumb.jpg.b3cba1c8b8a43f9f35171572f69e0863.jpg
IMG_0248.thumb.jpg.d59ab93e04369cea5c661a2a1c3fd469.jpg

7 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Iceman Collections engines, two Hellcat V8s, and the VW VR6.  The Cheetah has won me over for getting all my attention lately.  The Corrado is just a scarce interesting subject for me, who knows when that will get done.  Same with the 300C, I have the photo-etch, got the dash chromed, now I can put the Hellcat engine in it, or maybe the Silhouette if I get a wild hair.

I hope your corrado is in better shape than mine, the roof and hood on mine look like the mold wasn't put together right. The hood is a couple mm lower than the fenders and the roof is a couple mm too high between the rails

6 hours ago, stitchdup said:

I hope your corrado is in better shape than mine, the roof and hood on mine look like the mold wasn't put together right. The hood is a couple mm lower than the fenders and the roof is a couple mm too high between the rails

I didn't notice a problem.  Just the previous owner cut the driver door out and still had masking tape on the roof for the sunroof shape, but it's not butchered.  Wonder if it was a limited run because the mold lost locator pins or something?

5 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

I didn't notice a problem.  Just the previous owner cut the driver door out and still had masking tape on the roof for the sunroof shape, but it's not butchered.  Wonder if it was a limited run because the mold lost locator pins or something?

I'm not sure but i was disappointed when i opened it. All the other parts seem to ok

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...