Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

From a '67 Corvair: Got a complete NOS engine mostly for the correct fan shroud (future casting project?) and a set of steelies, but missed the dash (needed for the Powerglide conversion). Also ordered a set of small rotary saw blades and 3/32" mandrels to help with all the cutting I need to do, especially on the '62 Newports...

6 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Got this in the mail today. The best part is it's still in its original shrink wrap. I did this kit when I was about 10, 11, or 12 years old. I've been wanting to do this kit again for quite some time now.

DSCN1945.JPG

Is that a kind of har kit? I have never built it ...

5 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

My Hobbylinc order came in today, just two days shy of my birthday, so definitely a Happy Birthday to me!! Very excited to have gotten all of these kits, especially finally landing the 21 ft. Galaxie trailer!

DSCN5263.JPG

Happy birthday early and nice choice of kits..

15 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Got this in the mail today. The best part is it's still in its original shrink wrap. I did this kit when I was about 10, 11, or 12 years old. I've been wanting to do this kit again for quite some time now.

DSCN1945.JPG

I would like to find a more mint version of this kit, as the one I have is a total glue bomb I found at the Swap Meet years ago. I also have the bookend to it, the Bad Dream '56

9 hours ago, slusher said:

Is that a kind of har kit? I have never built it ...

Honestly, I have never finished one of these kits! They are very detailed, but a pain to build into a decent model. 

12 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

I would like to find a more mint version of this kit, as the one I have is a total glue bomb I found at the Swap Meet years ago. I also have the bookend to it, the Bad Dream '56

Honestly, I have never finished one of these kits! They are very detailed, but a pain to build into a decent model. 

This kit was reissued a year or two ago as the Ed Roth '57 Chevy Bel Air.  The kit number is 65-4306. The kit can be built stock but offers a decal set representing Ed Roth's personal car with an extensive set of flames and a stripped roof. The build options include a straight axle to build a gasser. The engine can be built stock or a 6x2 Carb setup or a Super Charger. The box art has a black Bel Air with the flames on it on the cover. 

On 10/14/2020 at 7:52 AM, espo said:

This kit was reissued a year or two ago as the Ed Roth '57 Chevy Bel Air.  The kit number is 65-4306. The kit can be built stock but offers a decal set representing Ed Roth's personal car with an extensive set of flames and a stripped roof. The build options include a straight axle to build a gasser. The engine can be built stock or a 6x2 Carb setup or a Super Charger. The box art has a black Bel Air with the flames on it on the cover. 

What I meant was to find another Low Rider version again, not just another Revell '57

I have several versions of it in my stash, including an original issue of the first one in mint condition. 

This past weekend the LHS hosted a "Sidewalk Swap Meet" putting out tables for independent vendors to sell in the parking lot. Turned out to be 3 guys with 3 tables each, all of which I passed on, but since I had taken out some "just in case" cash I went inside and spent it there.

20201015_130205.thumb.jpg.0a75d5d3d97ab05628ec6bf918eccb4f.jpg

My birthday haul from my wife and son. So blessed and thankful to have a family that supports my habit, I mean hobby, LOL. The Der Beetle Busses will be a build together project with my wife, so I can't wait until we can start those!! I also had never seen the Mad Rod 1929 Ford Roadster kit before, so that'll be an interesting one to open up.

DSCN5265.JPG

Didn't think anyone would do a kit of my 1:1 car, but Aoshima stepped up.  1/32 scale, snap, right-hand drive, but it's the correct color (actually, four colors are offered).  Modeler's does a 1/24 scale kit, in resin (but a manufactured, licensed item).  On backorder, no word on when it will be back in stock.

20201014_203720.jpg

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Didn't think anyone would do a kit of my 1:1 car, but Aoshima stepped up.  1/32 scale, snap, right-hand drive, but it's the correct color (actually, four colors are offered).  Modeler's does a 1/24 scale kit, in resin (but a manufactured, licensed item).  On backorder, no word on when it will be back in stock.

20201014_203720.jpg

Cool, I have a friend that has a blue one. I may have to build one for him.

This week I got the July 1965 issue of Car Model, AMT 1960 Chevy Truck "Street Machine" with the neat fuel injection set-up, AMT original issue 1932 Ford Coupe, AMT Ford dealership issue from 1964? 1932 Ford roadster (unfortunately missing a lot of parts), and AMT 1968 Corvette, also missing a few parts but the box art is so cool.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...