Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

3 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

I was referring to the Aoshima kit not the 1:1

Both of the kits that I know of, as well as the other replicas in 1/18, 1/30, 1/43, and 1/64 scale that I have (or have seen) are all right-hand drive.  Most have the "hybrid" emblems, the hybrid version isn't sold in North America.

Odds and ends over the last week or so:

50495983123_a596b36461_b.jpg

1:24 Doyusha 1969 Nissan Bluebird 510 Coupe kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

I wonder if this had been used as a slot car? I have others in this Doyusha Nostalgic Hero series, which also have the pancake interior moulding. The thick orange paint needs to be stripped-off, then it'll be interesting to see if Hasegawa grille, lights etc will fit.

50495984113_9175e87cce_b.jpg

1:24 Hasegawa 1991 Suzuki Jimny kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Nicely detailed, and has alternative wheels and suspension lift parts.

50495983618_ca23f44c98_b.jpg

1:25 Revell 1992 Mercury Cougar XR-7 kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Seems to be missing the lowrider wheels and roof cover, but in fairness the eBay seller said it might not be complete and I think everything else is there for it be built stock or as some sort of street machine.

Went to Gary Schmidt estate sale and picked up a Galaxy 48 Chevy Fleetline, AMT 77 Matador Coupe, AMT 51 Chevy hardtop, Eldon Sand Rail thingy glue bomb. Also a 50 something Pontiac coupe that I think was a promo of some sort, it has metal chassis and has slight warp. to the top and hood area. Might solve that by making it a convertible and use the 51 Chevy as a chassis and interior. I don't know how to post pics.

58 minutes ago, lordairgtar said:

...Also a 50 something Pontiac coupe that I think was a promo of some sort, it has metal chassis and has slight warp. to the top and hood area. Might solve that by making it a convertible and use the 51 Chevy as a chassis and interior. I don't know how to post pics.

Does your Pontiac look sort of like this one?  This is a resin re-pop of the Banthrico promo, I think.  Got it years ago in a big lot of resin bodies.  I have no idea who cast it.

Img_0552.jpg

10 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got another one of my all time favorite kits . Have built this kit several times in different ways . 

Can never have to many of those! I think it's still the best early Hemi, in kit form (along with their Hemi Hydro(?)). It's a must for building '60s fuel dragsters.

weathering2.jpg

weathering3.jpg

weathering4.jpg

weathering7.jpg

Edited by Straightliner59

Went to the beach for a few days and found the VW Camper waiting on me when I got home along with the Zvezda GAZ. Basically a Russian version of a '34 Ford. The Ford pickup is from the LHS and the Suburban was a straggler I found in Ollie's Thursday. 

20201017_224824.jpg

20201017_224745.jpg

12 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Does your Pontiac look sort of like this one?  This is a resin re-pop of the Banthrico promo, I think.  Got it years ago in a big lot of resin bodies.  I have no idea who cast it.

Img_0552.jpg

Yes it does but mine must not be resin. It's really shiny on the inside. Plastic like. Older resins tend to be matte in finish from those days. Plus the chrome trim from the hood and trunk is gone except for the hood ornament. There are grooves were it used to be. Almost toy like underneath with posts anf mounting pins for glass.

My sister found the Fords for $1 each at a yard sale. The rest is from a friends mother who was cleaning out a storage trailer and found some of her sons old toys & models. He was a very good friend of mine and lost his life in a car accident a few years ago. She said I could have all the model stuff she finds and this is just the start. We built and traded models together from the early 80s on up until he passed. She's moving now and needs to get rid of it but it's hard. We will be getting into his old room soon & the attic. It's fun to see some of this old stuff but sad too.

SUNP0001.JPG

SUNP0006.JPG

SUNP0007.JPG

SUNP0008.JPG

SUNP0010.JPG

Edited by mchook

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...