Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Suddenly it really is 1960!  The seller at the flea market thought these were promos.  He lowered his price once I convinced him they're not, since they are unwarped. 

Both are kits put together and painted long ago by a careful builder.  You can see that both have the usual "Jo-Han Sag" in the rear, caused by the lowering blocks coming unglued.  Easily fixed. Other than that both are complete and in good shape.

7-3-19b.JPG

Edited by Mike999
goof

4 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

Suddenly it really is 1960!  The seller at the flea market thought these were promos.  He lowered his price once I convinced him they're not, since they are unwarped. 

Both are kits put together and painted long ago by a careful builder.  You can see that both have the usual "Jo-Han Sag" in the rear, caused by the lowering blocks coming unglued.  Easily fixed. Other than that both are complete and in good shape.

Nice find Michael!

Especially the '60 Fury!

That one is getting more difficult to find every day.

Steve

38 minutes ago, Quiet Eric said:

These two cars were incredibly influential on me as a youngin’...I did have both as quick-builder kits way back when and did an awful job putting them together. Hopefully I can do them both a little bit more justice this time around.

8C13D12D-CEE8-4A09-9ECE-5B0C849DF9C3.thumb.jpeg.a4cafe8ff59994a803efc796344d203b.jpeg

Nice find on the "full detail" kits. Those would be fun to have.

Later-

8 hours ago, Mike999 said:

7-3-19b.JPG

Sweet score!

2 hours ago, Quiet Eric said:

These two cars were incredibly influential on me as a youngin’...I did have both as quick-builder kits way back when and did an awful job putting them together. Hopefully I can do them both a little bit more justice this time around.

8C13D12D-CEE8-4A09-9ECE-5B0C849DF9C3.thumb.jpeg.a4cafe8ff59994a803efc796344d203b.jpeg

Any chance of a pic of what’s in the full detail Chezoom kit?  I’ve been wanting to do one of those!

On 10/21/2020 at 5:59 PM, Tom Geiger said:

373E6C69-4846-46FD-A2E9-43E97BC026D9.jpeg.2eb9b497f3730d21709c8de6bea75533.jpeg

I have this one which is just as bad. All four posts have broke free.

I have always been disappointed on how these early Promos would curl up in time. The proportions of the body and trim were for the most part very realistic.  They could have been used in present time as resin basses if nothing else. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...