Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

11 hours ago, cobraman said:

Mongo looks like a tough guy. ?

Mongo is a female. She just looked more like a Mongo than Marvela which is the name they gave her at the shelter. MY girlfriend, her Mom and myself all got torties at the same shelter on the same day. If I ever find the guy who kicked Mongo so hard she needed surgery, I would do the same to him. I really don't like animal abusers. Model related, Mongo likes to steal tires.

Picked all of these up late last night.

The two rows on the left are all complete and unstarted. The XKE is complete with the body partially painted and the engine partially started. The Ranchero looks complete but body has been painted and some stuff done to the interior.

Not sure why I got most of this.

Later-

IMG_20201027_160344355.jpg

The XK-E is the only issue of the Aurora roadster.  Aurora reissued the coupe with fighter plane decals, Monogram got the Aurora tools but only reissued the coupe, and Revell already had an open version.  So Revell-Monogram reissued the ex-Aurora kit when they wanted a coupe, and the Revell kit when they wanted a roadster out.

52 minutes ago, Mark said:

The XK-E is the only issue of the Aurora roadster.  Aurora reissued the coupe with fighter plane decals, Monogram got the Aurora tools but only reissued the coupe, and Revell already had an open version.  So Revell-Monogram reissued the ex-Aurora kit when they wanted a coupe, and the Revell kit when they wanted a roadster out.

Interesting info. Thanks. I really like the box art too. Has a hydroplane boat scene. I picked up the little Avro Biplane just for something different to build someday. 

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

1 hour ago, Modlbldr said:

The two rows on the left are all complete and unstarted. The XKE is complete with the body partially painted and the engine partially started. The Ranchero looks complete but body has been painted and some stuff done to the interior.

Later-

I like that '34 stake bed.... I hope AMT brings that one out again...

7 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Later-

Tom you always get great models. I have tried several to buy the AMT 34 Ford stake bed but always lose it in the last seconds..

Ordered Fireball Motorworks farm jack and LED lights for the Hellcheetah project.
IMG_0358.thumb.jpg.280047ba5560c6d5d5e95ad970ebe82b.jpg

The 3D printed jack is really nice!
IMG_0360.jpg.6e6da3c9c958bdd4fb7ab5dd62da0ff5.jpg

This is one of those kits, when it came out, said that I'll order when in the mood.  Well, several months later, I saw one in town, so I was jonesing to get the kit.
IMG_0044.jpg.f820a07be76dffbcdac29f03f68017ff.jpg

Now most sources show out-of-stock, eBay prices are ridiculous plus ridiculous shipping.  Thought I should check out a favorite online store, they had several in stock, so pulled the trigger.  Shipping was a little expensive, but when I got it in 8 days (email said 15-30 days), I was shocked!  I got the photo-etch awhile ago (lots of that on eBay), and the 'forged carbon' decals too in another feeding frenzy.  Also splurged on Singer Porsche headlights, and some other light lens.  Okay, not buying any more models!  right
IMG_0364.thumb.jpg.9be4a38268bc0500743526cf39b2adec.jpg

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Tom you always get great models. I have tried several to buy the AMT 34 Ford stake bed but always lose it in the last seconds..

Thanks. I got all of these from a woman whose husband had passed away last year. She had a notebook with 42 pages of kits listed! Many were ships, Star Wars or brass era cars. Many old Pyro and Aurora kits. A few. Lots of military and plane kits. He was definitely into collecting any type of kit. I was overwhelmed just taking a quick look through each box. I wish I had known more of the value of the kits she had to be able to help her. The semis, Jag and 34 Ford were the only kits I found that were anywhere remotely familiar to me, as far as value. I wish I could have gotten all of them. There had to be 1500 kits!

She had many that I was curious about. One was a Star Wars scene with Yoda and Luke Skywalker in the forest (?). I remember the scene from the movie but I had never seen the kit and don't recall the name of it. Anybody familiar with it?

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...