Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

5 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Thanks so much guys!

Thanks Wayne!

It was very uncharacteristically quiet without all of you this year!

I actually expected the Olds to get more attention than the Plymouth, but then again, I need to take into consideration that we didn't arrive at the show until after 12 noon, cutting down on the time it was available for viewing.

Plus, the fact that the Olds was displayed on a crowded table and the Plymouth was pretty much all by itself might have had something to do with it.

Regardless, I was very honored to receive any sort of award.

Just got word from my wife, who is a nursing instructor at North Dakota State University, that the faculty is supposed to begin getting COVID vaccinations starting on December 1st!

With any luck, by the time the 2021 NNL show takes place next May, this whole COVID thing will be just an unpleasant memory! <_<

Steve

Here in Canada we got nothing especially from our Federal Government..They only do as WHO does..United Nations bull..

I checked out my Ollie's again this morning and they actually had 5 of the '55 Chevy Cameo's and a '55 Corvette as well as the usual newer Camaro, Corvette and Escalade kits. I snagged a Cameo and another 2006 Camaro Concept. I also went to Michael's and used the 30% off coupon and a $5  rewards voucher from a previous purchase to get the '69 Camaro for under 8 bucks (regular $17).

DSCN5332.JPG

On 11/2/2020 at 11:27 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Got this yesterday at the 2020 NNL North show in Bloomington Minnesota.

A light turnout this year with about half the number of models on display as a normal , "Non-COVID" year.

I didn't manage a "Peoples Choice" plaque this year, but I was honored to receive the "Sizzlin' Sixties" award, one of only three "special awards" offered this year.

Way to go Steve!

1 hour ago, hedotwo said:

Way to go Steve!

Thanks Rich!

By the way, I have fallen behind on getting those wheel covers out to you.

My 15 year feline friend lost her battle with intestinal cancer yesterday, so I have been in a bit of a funk and not getting much done as a result.

I will definitely get them packed up this weekend and get them out to you as soon as I can get to the post office.

Sorry for the delay.

Steve

I haven't been in the mood to build, but have been getting things to complete previous acquisitions.  Ordered directly from Ukrainian Scale Cars Production (USCP), sent Oct. 7, received today (11/5), so almost a month.  I recently got a package from Spot Model (Spain) in 8 days!  I got their engine kit awhile ago, then the door panels and wheels came out.  Got the hood pins too, good for rally cars and my latest WIP.

Who gets excited about a box? ?
IMG_0405.thumb.jpg.29efa6542c42f36d207149278a32fe02.jpg

Nice packaging.
IMG_0406.thumb.jpg.791922f0ead0704598a3a685dda2d814.jpg

Pirelli Cinturato tread pattern looks good.
IMG_0407.thumb.jpg.4005cc38759082eb87ee7b65f4bc7987.jpg

Think I have everything now.  Better not be any more new products!  (skipped their seats)
IMG_0408.thumb.jpg.eea73a032d5a8340c2158867c63cecc2.jpg

Got these three recently. Still no sign of the new release '64 Belvedere in the UK so when an older release popped up I had to get it, again not in the UK but from Germany. I've heard good things about the '57 Fairlane and added that to my to do list. The Plymouth Volare I bought a couple weeks back which I was going to build last week but the '65 Grand Prix jumped the queue:D

20201106_101940.JPG

8 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

By the way, I have fallen behind on getting those wheel covers out to you.

My 15 year feline friend lost her battle with intestinal cancer yesterday, so I have been in a bit of a funk and not getting much done as a result.

Absolutely no hurry Steve.  Sorry for your loss...  we lost our 14 year old a few years ago and it was harder than we'd expected.

Rich

On 10/24/2020 at 1:20 PM, Modlbldr said:

A big box FULL of parts and pieces! My eyes are getting buggy!

Later-

IMG_20201023_100011547.jpg

IMG_20201023_103106816.jpg

IMG_20201023_191139850.jpg

Ohhh that is exciting. Nice kitbashing ops, but also can be fun sorting and organizing all those bits and pieces. Plus, even the boddies you do not want, you can either use for paint bucks, or even trade fodder. Nice.

3 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Ohhh that is exciting. Nice kitbashing ops, but also can be fun sorting and organizing all those bits and pieces. Plus, even the boddies you do not want, you can either use for paint bucks, or even trade fodder. Nice.

Thanks Mark. I love boxes like this. I am still sorting through all of it! The bottom inch or two is all engine and suspension parts and pieces. Along with this I am going through all of my several boxes of tires and wheels and bagging and tagging them for future ease of locating a set. Hours of eye bugging fun!!

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

22 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

The bottom inch or two is all engine and suspension parts and pieces. 

A while back I bought a lot of all small parts. I sorted a lot of it into my 50 drawer cabinets and wound up with labeled full drawers of things like carbs, valve covers, oil pans etc. I even have drawers marked round shapes, square shapes etc.. I constantly pull from those drawers on my current projects.  And I still have a box like the size of a beer case bottom several inches thick to sort!

Edited by Tom Geiger

40 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Thanks Mark. I love boxes like this. I am still sorting through all of it! The bottom inch or two is all engine and suspension parts and pieces. Along with this I am going through all of my several boxes of tires and wheels and bagging and tagging them for future ease of locating a set. Hours of eye bugging fun!!

Later-

Right!  I mean, maybe it is an age thing or an OCD thing, but I enjoy the sorting and organizing. WHen I am dong it, projects come to mind, and it helps me know what I have, rather than a random parts box. If someone says, "hey, does any one have (insert part here)", then if I can recall it great, if not I can find out faster. But the process of sorting,  and "groking" in itself is enjoyable. 

12 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Got these three recently. Still no sign of the new release '64 Belvedere in the UK so when an older release popped up I had to get it, again not in the UK but from Germany. I've heard good things about the '57 Fairlane and added that to my to do list. The Plymouth Volare I bought a couple weeks back which I was going to build last week but the '65 Grand Prix jumped the queue:D

20201106_101940.JPG

That Volare looks really kool but our Hobby Lobby never carried any..

Did a little shopping at Hobby Lobby - was hoping to find another Revell 29 but they’re out of stock in all my local stores AND online apparently...a 34 pickup made its way home with me instead tho.

Also, some cords and wires for detailing, a bunch of cheap Washi tape for masking and their wall art was 50% off so I got a little sign too.  Oh, and some Letraset!  

8922E63B-39D3-402C-A80C-7F19D09754C7.thumb.jpeg.abb11f31103cae6b59e68cd20153f36a.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...