Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 11/6/2020 at 5:35 AM, doorsovdoon said:

Got these three recently. Still no sign of the new release '64 Belvedere in the UK so when an older release popped up I had to get it, again not in the UK but from Germany. I've heard good things about the '57 Fairlane and added that to my to do list. The Plymouth Volare I bought a couple weeks back which I was going to build last week but the '65 Grand Prix jumped the queue:D

20201106_101940.JPG

That 64 belvedere is a really nice kit. Well tooled 

50555669143_06756e8395_b.jpg

1:24 Monogram 1994 Ford Mustang Indy Pace Car kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Cheap, another engine donor.

50577967978_c54eeb06f4_b.jpg

1:24 Italeri Renault 5 Alpine Rally kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Purchased from someone on a 1:1 car forum, I have an older Esci issue of this kit. I have a soft spot for the 5 from one my mum had when I was in my teens, and also seeing them on French holidays.

A couple eBay purchases showed up at my mailbox these couple days. I've gone mad over Nomads....? The Alternomad is sealed, the '57 isn't plus lacking decal set. (no great loss for me since I won't need them). I'm planning on looking for the '55 and '56 Nomads soon...

DSCN1949.JPG

Edited by BlackSheep214

Picked up an NOS '59 El Camino bed floor and tonneau cover (aka tuck 'n' roll donor), plus a '69 Buick Wildcat chassis to upgrade my '70 kit; it has some better qualities like no screw holes going through the gas tank or front end, plus it's about 1/8" or 3/16" longer in the rear so almost no gap where it meets the pan. 

Updating the previous stuff I got for it, I managed to get the firewall off the interior without wrecking it (anyone need a '69 Wildcat interior?) and got the engine cleaned up in the purple pond. Came out nice with a lot of scrubbing; still need to at least dislodge the intake manifold and reattach it straight.

Finally, thanks to forum member hedotwo (Rich), I got the fan belt and accessories from a '65 Riviera to dress up the '69 engine, which only has an alternator; plus the Riv's custom clear headlights and bezels - I want to use them on some future '60s-style kustom project like Darryl Starbird did with a '55 Crown Vic.

2 hours ago, Agent G said:

Boxes, lots and lots of boxes. 

I'm packing up my stuff. Moving 1500 miles east, almost back to where it all began. 

I close on the new place 2/1/21. 

G

Jeeez.  The 'brudder from anudder mudder' is always the last to know!

Whaaazzzzuup wid dat, G?

-dann?-

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...