Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

15 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

That is funny Steve. 

If you flip the tank over and place over the T it will stay dust free. 

15 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Good score Sam. Are you going to cap it to keep the dust out?

15 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Or you could fill it with water and add a few guppies!

that'll keep the dust out! :lol:

Steve

That is funny Steve. 

You guys....?

Actually, it is upside down, it has a glass bottom, and I plan on sitting it on an oak base that will elevate the model so the wheels are level with or slightly above the black surround. 

4 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Friday I stopped back at Ollie’s and got 3 more 62 TBirds...  I own rebuilders of all the year ‘birds of that era.  What years would this 1962 chassis be proper for?

Pretty sure that will work for 61-66 Thunderbirds.

I have an original 63 Thunderbird and the custom parts for it fit well on the "new tool" 62.

5 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Friday I stopped back at Ollie’s and got 3 more 62 TBirds...  I own rebuilders of all the year ‘birds of that era.  What years would this 1962 chassis be proper for?

I think they're reasonably right for any '58 through to '66 Tom. 

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

On 11/11/2020 at 7:53 PM, slusher said:

Will you miss it out there or be glad to be back in MO. My wife is from Dexter....

Las Vegas "re invents itself" every 5 years or so. I do not like the post Covid Las Vegas one little bit. In 13 years here I went through a divorce, married the love of my life and then lost her to cancer back in August. Way too many bittersweet memories. I have a grand child on the way and I do not intend to miss any moment of his life. 

G

I’m sorry for your losses. You got this. She’ll always be with you. Health and happiness to you and family. Peace too. You helped her thru the nonsense. You never know how strong you are until you have no other choice. 

Sorry for off topic, but you deserve our support. 

I got this Hudson Miniatures 1903 Cadillac mostly wooden model with plastic wheels and pipe cleaners to simulate the radiator. From 1950

Also got this Revell kit from the local HobbyTown that never has older kits, so I wonder where they got it from. Anyway, these where supposed to compete with Fujimi's Enthusiasts series overly detailed models.

And I got a brand new Sears airbrush (from the 70's I guess) that's really a re-badged Badger 200 for only $8.00 from eBay!

IMG_20201116_223443_hdr.jpg

IMG_20201116_223554_hdr.jpg

48 minutes ago, MPi-KM said:

I got this Hudson Miniatures 1903 Cadillac mostly wooden model with plastic wheels and pipe cleaners to simulate the radiator. From 1950

Also got this Revell kit from the local HobbyTown that never has older kits, so I wonder where they got it from. Anyway, these where supposed to compete with Fujimi's Enthusiasts series overly detailed models.

And I got a brand new Sears airbrush (from the 70's I guess) that's really a re-badged Badger 200 for only $8.00 from eBay!

IMG_20201116_223443_hdr.jpg

IMG_20201116_223554_hdr.jpg

I built the Mercedes in the 1991 and it was a decent kit.  In 1996, I gave the built kit to a good friend who lived in Half Moon Bay. 

On 11/15/2020 at 11:07 PM, Agent G said:

Las Vegas "re invents itself" every 5 years or so. I do not like the post Covid Las Vegas one little bit. In 13 years here I went through a divorce, married the love of my life and then lost her to cancer back in August. Way too many bittersweet memories. I have a grand child on the way and I do not intend to miss any moment of his life. 

G

Sorry for your loss G enjoy your good memories and change of scenery and May Jesus bless you...

Got my Iwata HP-M1 today.

I never got to like "traditional" shaped airbrushes, especially double-action types. I had the chance to try out an M1 the other day and immediately fell in love with it. For me, it feels much more natural and "part of my hand", and I prefer pre-dialing the amount of paint with the thumbscrew instead of having to use a single trigger for adjusting both air and paint flow.

IMG_5320.JPG.e6a9554d2e67a16fa0f6bd0a6d6f6cda.JPG

Edited by mattg

I’ve been eyeing this one lonely Beetle kit in our local Hobby Lobby for three months, but the box had had the seals broken, then had been taped up again and had THAT ripped off too and then finally had some different tape holding the lid in place.

Saw the manager lady in the kit aisle and said “can you do a little discount on this?” and she said “You know, that’s been on the shelf there for a year...I can mark it as damaged if you wanted it, but I can’t accept a return if I do” so I checked it real quick and it all seems to be in there...paid $6 + tax!  Score!  And the box isn’t THAT bad, on the top at least...

5A575EF4-6C86-4011-AD53-6B10FA9BFDC6.thumb.jpeg.8dd05afc7bff515377e37867bc081b9a.jpeg

I probably would’ve paid the $18 they wanted for it anyway, even if the box does say it’s a 37 Ford on the side ?

7818431B-3827-40F8-ABD9-1306AA88AB93.thumb.jpeg.2ae5544baa38d33a783b63d0cd71a37a.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...