Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

42 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Hahaha! My ex-neighbors (moved pre-Covid) had a bottle of the same hand sanitizer in their guest bathroom. It was on a shelf over the toilet, right at eye level if you were a guy, if you get my drift.

Oh, and nice model as well.

I just picked up some new CA glues and some accelerator to go with it, and a couple paints I am low on.?

F1B28983-1A10-4388-872C-C9792A7A846C.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

43 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

I just picked up some new CA glues and some accelerator to go with it, and a couple paints I am low on.?

F1B28983-1A10-4388-872C-C9792A7A846C.jpeg

You Canadians all have a warped sense of humour!

Give us a review on the Tamiya LP paint when you have had a chance to use them.

2 hours ago, Rodent said:

Hahaha! My ex-neighbors (moved pre-Covid) had a bottle of the same hand sanitizer in their guest bathroom. It was on a shelf over the toilet, right at eye level if you were a guy, if you get my drift.

Oh, and nice model as well.

lolz.

What's funny is that I have had bottles of these on my desk for at least 5 years now. Use them all the time. People are like, "why do you have hand sanitizer on your desk?"  My response has always been the same, "Because you people are gross."

2 hours ago, Rodent said:

You Canadians all have a warped sense of humour!

Give us a review on the Tamiya LP paint when you have had a chance to use them.

Haha! The place where we bought this also had a bottle of “ I just #*$& in the woods” hand sanitizer. I wish I had grabbed it also as it would have been a hilarious gag gift for a Buddy of mine.?

I really like the LP paints. They spray beautifully.

2 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Where did you get the fender flares for the Jeep?

The flares are from the Revell Jeep Wrangler Rubicon kit. I just widened them a little.

Edited by NOBLNG

Patience paid off in looking for one of my grail cars.  Prices of nice 61 Impala 4 doors can run to the moon (for me anyway) so I told myself to just hold off til the right one came along.  This one obviously needs some repair work, but I'm ok with that.  I began taking it apart before I took these pics which is why it looks really kitty-wampus.  I have a donor SMP '61 HT that I can use for the driver's side A pillar and the front valance.  The body flexes good so repairing the two big cracks shouldn't be too bad.  There is a small chunk missing from the passenger side crack, but again it shouldn't be tough to fix that either.  Glass and interior are great, bumpers will need TLC.  Not sure how to approach the friction chassis though.  I'm fine with the curbside aspect of this but I may use the donor SMP's chassis in place of the metal friction piece.  I'm guessing it'll fit the four door, but won't know for sure til I dig things out to check.  I have lots of good memories of our family '61 four door hardtop and have wanted to replicate it for a long time.  It was seafoam green with a white top.  We took long family trips in that car each summer, one being the New York World's Fair in '64 when I was 12.

IMG_7936.JPG

IMG_7937.JPG

IMG_7938.JPG

IMG_7939.JPG

IMG_7940.JPG

Edited by hedotwo

Finally scored an unbuilt AMT '76 Nova on eBay for a reasonable price. Been watching them for a few weeks now and they've been going for absolutely stupid prices. Got this one for what one sold for a week ago with major tire damage on the windshield and a few missing parts, maybe even less. 

Picked this up last night from a guy off of FB Marketplace. Didn't NEED it but, for the $10 pricetag, who could argue? He had very cleanly glued the engine block together and lost interest. An excellent kit to build or great for parts. Thank you!

Later-

IMG_20201126_084945936.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

3 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Picked this up last night from a guy off of FB Marketplace. Didn't NEED it but, for the $10 pricetag, who could argue? He had very cleanly glued the engine block together and lost interest. An excellent kit to build or great for parts. Thank you!

Later-

IMG_20201126_084945936.jpg

Great car for robbing the drivetrain out of, then turn the body into a dirt car. ? 

724E0263-DDCF-4755-86C5-F36527689CAB.thumb.jpeg.c7630e20b1ef6630fa4fdafa2522780e.jpeg

I have always been into the 1960 Daytona Compact Class Valiants and would love to build all eight of them.  Here’s decals for four of them.. Lee and Richard Petty, Ralph Moody and Marvin Panch.  From Slot Car Fever, not sure how well they will work just yet.

I am always looking for photos and info on these cars if anyone has any!   

Let me start by saying that I don't usually do the Black Friday sale thing. Two weeks ago I scheduled the oil change on my car for today (didn't realize the date). I had some time to kill so I stopped by the LHS to find that they had a clearance on Testors spray paints. $1.00 a can and  .25¢ for bottles. I got 36 cans and 4 bottles. $265. of paint for $38.!!!

Later-

IMG_20201127_144048445.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

42 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Let me start by saying that I don't usually do the Black Friday sale thing. Two weeks ago I scheduled the oil change on my car for today (didn't realize the date). I had some time to kill so I stopped by the LHS to find that they had a clearance on Testors spray paints. $1.00 a can and  .25¢ for bottles. I got 36 cans and 4 bottles. $265. of paint for $38.!!!

Later-

Wow - Hobby Lobby was a zoo today and nothing special in the model department and certainly no spray paints for those prices..  However, I did pick up this Autolite Specail  kit from an ex Ford employee whose father also worked for Ford and the Hasegawa kit came in the mail.

31CB3D8C-28D9-44A0-B116-B54E8F75792E.jpeg

62CDFD3F-5B21-4B1F-8A73-DEFFAD05539B.jpeg

D3D60AD4-9CEA-43B6-A069-C67CF10BD149.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

I too hit the zoo that was Hobby Lobby today - picked up the 27 T kit, which I haven’t seen on their shelves for a while here (still no 29s though), and some various little metal doodads and paint and some black resin dye from the clearance section.  Oh, and some roughly-in-scale Mexican blankets ?

4CFD346C-30AE-4446-B081-8781BBC9264F.thumb.jpeg.18906795bf75cf3ea35f1ffeff561af3.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...