Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Finally received two eBay care packages from early December. First up, a “Nova Junkyard."

'65 Rat Packer body that someone has started un-altering the wheelbase on. The work's not complete or clean, but I think there's enough here to work with—body, glass, hood, grille, bumpers. Not sure what I'll do with it—maybe build it up as an extra body for the “Junk Nova” '66 pro street I just started working on.

65NovaGB02.jpg.3d5c3dfedeb726152a07f8cd317bc92d.jpg

'75/6 Nova: Not sure what year this is, or if it's AMT or MPC, but I've got a body, hood, glass, grille, and bumpers, so I can do SOMETHING with it. Came with an interior tub which seems to be correct, but the body is molded in red, and the tub is white, as is the hood. Hmmmmmm. I've been collecting glue bomb '75-'79 Novas and have three others, so I should be able to scavenge enough goodies to get at least two good projects out of the mess, probably three. This body seems to be one of the best of the four.

75NovaGB401.jpg.6bf06f8c44032cbc4989a7b55a2253ac.jpg

'72 Nova: Wasn't that interested in this one till I took a good look at it. It might be an original issue, or an early reissue—the body seems in much better shape than the last few reissues I've bought. The Junkyard seems to have a complete interior, and chassis, and most of the chrome sprue including the grille and bumpers. Original builder seems to have gotten the front fenders glued on pretty straight, anyway. I have a glue bomb built as the Old Pro racer that could really use a new body, so I might rebody it with this.

72NovaGB202.jpg.146f35f0ae7033d34d0ff85b782dd3eb.jpg

The Junkyard also included a Boss Nova '63 wagon body, glass, and bare chassis, but not enough else to work with.

Then I got a pair of 1G Cougar bodies, a '68 and a '67 (pretty cheap, too). I've managed to round up all the custom body parts from a '68 (including the hood), so will probablly build one up as a kit custom. I also have a survivor '68 that I built in 1968 that could use a new body, so I'll probably use the '67 body on that. We'll see what they look like after I've paint-stripped them.

67CougarGB01.jpg.0f6f63c4a4abeff910a9e58b3e495b6c.jpg

68CougarGB202.jpg.68a251872f375c69e6a3f8d72feb8149.jpg

15 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Then I got a pair of 1G Cougar bodies, a '68 and a '67 (pretty cheap, too). I've managed to round up all the custom body parts from a '68 (including the hood), so will probablly build one up as a kit custom. I also have a survivor '68 that I built in 1968 that could use a new body, so I'll probably use the '67 body on that. We'll see what they look like after I've paint-stripped them.

67CougarGB01.jpg.0f6f63c4a4abeff910a9e58b3e495b6c.jpg

68CougarGB202.jpg.68a251872f375c69e6a3f8d72feb8149.jpg

Snake-

Are you in need of any of the bumpers/grills for the 67? 

Later-

20 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

I think that kit is worth a night on the couch. LOL 

Me too. Unfortunately, there was a sealed AMT Autocar dump truck delivered today (there are 2 more kits coming too), so I might need to check into Dad's Pad for when Mom's Mad for a few days ?

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Some great scores, there, congratulations! When are you going to show us some of your finished work? I'd love to see it! B)

Finishing them...that’s a whole different kettle of fish at the moment LOL

3 hours ago, Olskoolrodder said:

Me too. Unfortunately, there was a sealed AMT Autocar dump truck delivered today (there are 2 more kits coming too), so I might need to check into Dad's Pad for when Mom's Mad for a few days ?

You are on your own now. I was going to feel sorry for you. Not anymore.   BTW enjoy the time with your dad this weekend. LOL

11 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Snake-

Are you in need of any of the bumpers/grills for the 67? 

Later-

What, you have some extras? Sure! 

Email me at: 

SnakeACP45 at aol dot com

Maybe we can work out some kind of swap. Thanks! B)

Actually received this yesterday. After reading the Mill City thread in the resin truck forum, I ordered the GS convertible trans kit from eBay. It only took two days from Minnesota to California, so the Post Office isn't screwing up EVERYTHING right now. It appears to be a nice casting, but the top is kind of thick and amateurish IMHO, almost like different people made the masters for the body and top. I thought there was just enough flash to protect the windshield frame, but I managed to break it while taking it out of the box for the photo.

I have a MCG PE fret on the way as well. Planning on a GS Stage 1 version, probably my favorite A-body. I *think* I have the original yellow version of the GSX donor kit in the stash. If not, I will have to hunt one down or wait for Revell to reissue it. 

PXL_20210107_223357127.jpg

22 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

You are on your own now. I was going to feel sorry for you. Not anymore.   BTW enjoy the time with your dad this weekend. LOL

LOL ? Oh, "Dad's Pad when Mom's Mad", that's my man cave/hobby room/where I park the motorcycle, not my Pop's place ;) :P

Edited by Olskoolrodder

I got garbage!  GARBAGE!  A pair of working 1/24 scale garbage dumpsters, that is.  These go for about $15 on eBay, with FREE shipping.  Here's the link, if anybody else wants some.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dumpster-model-1-24-1-25-scale/223412866737?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

dmpstr.jpg

Edited by Mike999

On 1/5/2021 at 6:11 PM, cobraman said:

Got this resin piece from Jimmy Flintstone . Nicely done . It caught my eye because I thought it was interesting . I will grab a steering wheel from my parts box . I will need to provide axels and wheels and tires . Any ideas on tires and wheels would look good? 

ADE4DC18-B223-43DB-8467-41B8E8A3DC53.jpeg

D409F207-D46D-406C-918C-23621E55802F.jpeg

68FA7331-C3DE-4AE8-84E0-5EFE1D23E98C.jpeg

A3B28024-9401-4BE1-B5D8-9C80281F8657.jpeg

WOW! That is superb!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...