Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

11 hours ago, Mike999 said:

I got garbage!  GARBAGE!  A pair of working 1/24 scale garbage dumpsters, that is.  These go for about $15 on eBay, with FREE shipping.  Here's the link, if anybody else wants some.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dumpster-model-1-24-1-25-scale/223412866737?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

dmpstr.jpg

Great price on those...

Came yesterday. I bought it on ebay just before Christmas and we got a pretty good snow storm. The seller was a state over so they got it too so they couldn't send it out right away. I told him it was fine and I was still shoveling too. He wrote me & said because it being mailed late he was adding more to the lot, I thought "cool" and thanked him. So what I ended up with is about 40 models and a pile of parts. 

Sorry about the crappy pics but you get the idea. 

SUNP0028 (1).JPG

SUNP0030.JPG

19 minutes ago, mchook said:

Came yesterday. I bought it on ebay just before Christmas and we got a pretty good snow storm. The seller was a state over so they got it too so they couldn't send it out right away. I told him it was fine and I was still shoveling too. He wrote me & said because it being mailed late he was adding more to the lot, I thought "cool" and thanked him. So what I ended up with is about 40 models and a pile of parts. 

SUNP0028 (1).JPG

SUNP0030.JPG

Very cool! I can't see any ultra-rare or desirable goodies, but it looks like there are several possible interesting "projects" there, and of course a boatload of spare parts! Congratulations! B)

1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

I'm keen to know what the differences are between this version and the 2 previous. It looks to have a jetta rear bumper on the front and if it does I'll have to get one

it's the same kits as the Pirelli kit, although it's moulded in blue with different decals, although the regular Pirelli decals are included. 

05694-revell-golf-gti-gift-set.jpg

First Belkits model I've bought:

IMG_5327.JPG.86bc351415e12ccac896380a34503c19.JPG

I have no interest in building it as a rally car, it'll be a fast-road toy. Happy to see that the standard grille without spotlights and the single-piece sloping rectangular headlights are included.

IMG_5326.JPG.deb3ae4b5f06f1106fdfbaffe978174d.JPG

Last weekend I also stocked-up on a few clearance automotive paints, decent value at £3 a tin.

So figure this out. Over a month ago I submitted an Amazon order and added a bottle of Tamiya paint to bring my order to the free shipping minimum, and yes, it showed the item as "in stock". It didn't give me free shipping but I ordered it anyway.  I then proceeded to forget about it.  Today I received a package in the mail that I could not figure out what I ordered from that particular country. 

Tamiya paint is made in Japan,  distributed through Tamiya America,  Irvine California.  Yet the package was shipped directly to me from New Taipei, Taiwan...

20210109_120730.jpg

59 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

So figure this out. Over a month ago I submitted an Amazon order and added a bottle of Tamiya paint to bring my order to the free shipping minimum, and yes, it showed the item as "in stock". It didn't give me free shipping but I ordered it anyway.  I then proceeded to forget about it.  Today I received a package in the mail that I could not figure out what I ordered from that particular country. 

Tamiya paint is made in Japan,  distributed through Tamiya America,  Irvine California.  Yet the package was shipped directly to me from New Taipei, Taiwan...

20210109_120730.jpg

Amazon has global sellers. You have to watch the date the item may arrive - sometimes sellers give months in the timeline. 

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

First Belkits model I've bought:

IMG_5327.JPG.86bc351415e12ccac896380a34503c19.JPG

I have no interest in building it as a rally car, it'll be a fast-road toy. Happy to see that the standard grille without spotlights and the single-piece sloping rectangular headlights are included.

IMG_5326.JPG.deb3ae4b5f06f1106fdfbaffe978174d.JPG

Last weekend I also stocked-up on a few clearance automotive paints, decent value at £3 a tin.

Spotted one of these parked up in London not so long ago, and in superb condition 

2 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

That Citroen blue looks very nice. I could see it fitting in on a number of 60s American cars. How hot is that paint? Plays nice on styrene with the right primer?

24 minutes ago, Rodent said:

That Citroen blue looks very nice. I could see it fitting in on a number of 60s American cars. How hot is that paint? Plays nice on styrene with the right primer?

That's what I thought about those lighter colours.

They seem OK. I'm building two AMT kits at the moment and by coincidence both are being painted with Halfords paint. I put a decent amount of grey primer down first, and one of them got a bit of white Tamiya TS as a base to the light topcoat.

One of them is also being sprayed with Halford clearcoat. It's doesn't seem to make the metallic base 'run' like Tamiya TS-13 does sometimes.

22 hours ago, mchook said:

SUNP0028 (1).JPG

SUNP0030.JPG

WOW. Nice haul.

12 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Not here yet but I ordered a bunch of Model Master paints from Hobbylinc.  Tomorrow we're going to Texas Roadhouse and then Hobby Lobby to look for more Model Master paints.

Yeah Jim, probably a great idea to stash up on the Model Master stuff before its history.

On 1/8/2021 at 1:59 PM, Mike999 said:

I got garbage!  GARBAGE!  A pair of working 1/24 scale garbage dumpsters, that is.  These go for about $15 on eBay, with FREE shipping.  Here's the link, if anybody else wants some.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dumpster-model-1-24-1-25-scale/223412866737?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

dmpstr.jpg

Just ordered that myself.

On 12/19/2020 at 3:30 PM, PierreR89 said:

Went in to a relativley newly built store in a town i havent visted for a year or two.
Found these in the toys section of the store.
The plane is made by ICM and just repacked by Revell.
The engine is almost fully detailed even if you cant see alot of it
IMG_20201219_145453.thumb.jpg.4e657930d3131e9b7d61fb01aeab6d3e.jpg
IMG_20201219_145549.thumb.jpg.f28e3f90676a3273e7ea5964a59962ec.jpg
IMG_20201219_145611.thumb.jpg.e706205cfb103a02dfb6b44e7cb0d660.jpg
IMG_20201219_145652.thumb.jpg.abeb1a024d0fa1d08a31934dcd540fb3.jpg

You found those at dollarstore!? Great find! Never found anything like that on my local one! 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...