Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up an AMT Coca Cola Peterbilt and Great Dane Trailer at Walmart. 

They took the leftover kits from the Holiday AMT Bin and stuck them over by the R/C toys, I check the price and they showed at $25 each, so I grabbed them. They rang up at 29.95, but I showed my phone price scan to the cashier and she discounted them for me. 

So go take a look, they are knocking down the price on these to clear them out. 

On 1/9/2021 at 2:28 PM, CabDriver said:

What can you tell us about the quality of the detail on this one Pat?  Seems like it’s a high parts count for 1/32 scale!

It's a soon to be new re-release. I'll get back to you when it lands.

1 minute ago, 64SS350 said:

As requested, everything looks very nice. I feel similar about curbside kits, or low part count kits, but I also bought for the subject matter.

It has a detailed engine bay and removable engine plate, so a power plant can be added.

IMG_20210116_163910775_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210116_163921622_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210116_163938172_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210116_163949698_HDR.jpg

Is this a "Test kit" of sorts or are they out now?

Later-

On 1/15/2021 at 9:10 PM, Mike999 said:

From Hobby Lobby, the AMT (former IMC) Big Rig Semi Trailer.  With bonus pallets! 

Also from Wal-Mart, a can of Rustoleum Matte Clear spray paint.

AMT1164-2.jpg

Reply/quote to Mike999. No idea how this became my own stand alone post?!

I've built that trailer, it looks great when completed. A heads-up though, the parts on the sprues are not numbered. The side panels and roof can be fitted in the wrong order and still fit nicely! but it'll screw you when it comes time to fitting the rear door frame and roof panels. I checked a hundred times to make sure I had the panels in the right order and I Still messed it up... twice! First attempt I had a huge gap around the rear door frame, the second attempt I thought I got it right so I glued it all together, then I found the side panels were still in the wrong places and ended up with a missing rib where the two side panels meet. There is a reinforcement piece that fits in the middle of the trailer to stop the roof sagging, if the side panels are in the wrong order that piece becomes useless!

Edited by doorsovdoon

On 1/15/2021 at 5:59 PM, Erik Smith said:

When you go for glue and feel sorry for this because maybe it’s been sitting on the shelf since 2014

[...]

?  Would make a good sleeper.

This subject is something I would not normally buy.  Only because of the GSL Common Kit theme, did I get via Fakebook Marketplace.

'31 Ford Model A Sedan 2 n 1.jpg

24 minutes ago, Erik Smith said:

Hey Tom - it’s out. I looked at B and B but either they sold them all or haven’t got it yet. I didn’t ask, I was there for glue, and uh a Trabant apparently. 

Lol. I like how things seem to just come home with us from the hobby shop.

I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Maybe I'll stop in to B and B this week and see if they have any on order.

Later-

10 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

?  Would make a good sleeper.

This subject is something I would not normally buy.  Only because of the GSL Common Kit theme, did I get via Fakebook Marketplace.

'31 Ford Model A Sedan 2 n 1.jpg

I know what this one's for, I can't wait. Let the cutting & scratch building begin!?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...