Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

image.jpeg.44659cbfadfc9f030d5280c979182f9e.jpeg

I built one of these Skylines approaching 30 years ago, still got it. I have a couple of other versions, this one is probably going to be a parts donor - the RB engine will go nicely into another Nissan. Might use the body to reshell my original build.

The wing and muffler set is actually almost two full kits, the seller had a couple but only used the seats from one set. After the listing he found the carbon fibre decal and very kindly chucked that in as a bonus item.

The items were listed as Buy It Now at a very reasonable price, so it was really good of him to do that.

On 1/16/2021 at 4:19 PM, kelson said:

Mail call from a couple days ago,the promo needs a new bumper,but otherwise is in good condition and the Shelby was a pretty good bargain to?HZYI9752.JPG.0d02644a800adfa5b39c067e8756a3ca.JPG

Where did you get the GT500?  I missed getting one when they came out and the lowest I have seen them for now is about $150.

On 1/16/2021 at 7:58 PM, doorsovdoon said:

Reply/quote to Mike999. No idea how this became my own stand alone post?!

I've built that trailer, it looks great when completed...

Thanks for the heads-up!  Saving your notes.  I wondered about the assembly, since it can be built as a "short" city trailer or a standard "long" trailer.

And it looks like I can build that resin '63 Nova wagon in the stash now.  As I understand it, Round 2 will be doing their Nova wagon later as a full kit with an engine.  I may wait for that one.  Like everybody else, I sure wish they'd find that neat little U-Haul trailer from the Nova/Buick Special kits.

17 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Where did you get the GT500?  I missed getting one when they came out and the lowest I have seen them for now is about $150.

It was a Ebay purchase,the seller had it as a Buy it now for $80.00 dollars,they're discontinued now and i've seen them as high as $300.00 dollars!,i saw one on Ebay the other day with a starting bid of $40.00 dollars,don't remember if it had any bids though.

27 minutes ago, kelson said:

It was a Ebay purchase,the seller had it as a Buy it now for $80.00 dollars,they're discontinued now and i've seen them as high as $300.00 dollars!,i saw one on Ebay the other day with a starting bid of $40.00 dollars,don't remember if it had any bids though.

Thanks.  Yes $80 is a very good price as they seem to go for at least $150.  It would be a no-brained for Revell to reissue them again.

7 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Thanks for the heads-up!  Saving your notes.  I wondered about the assembly, since it can be built as a "short" city trailer or a standard "long" trailer.

And it looks like I can build that resin '63 Nova wagon in the stash now.  As I understand it, Round 2 will be doing their Nova wagon later as a full kit with an engine.  I may wait for that one.  Like everybody else, I sure wish they'd find that neat little U-Haul trailer from the Nova/Buick Special kits.

Yeah, the shorty trailer is a sweet option. There's also a part in there to make a flatbed trailer but isn't shown on the instructions. I don't know what it's called but it's the wall that go's on the front of the trailer where the air lines are.

Mark can correct me, but there are 2 different fenders for that trailer, a regular flat round set, and a set that looks like a 50 Chevy pickup. One year the Buick wagon had one set, another year they had other, I forget 61/62. I don't have the 50 Chevy style fenders on the few trailers I have. 

62 Buick issue found pic

AMT 1962 BUICK Special Station Wagon With Trailer Kit Built With Box -  $57.99 | PicClick1962 Buick & Trailer 7

Edited by keyser

Picked up some small bits over the weekend - '64 El Camino interior, I'll cut out the no-console floor for my '65 which will get the bench seat/column shift Powerglide treatment; '65 Mercury steelies - nice front hub detail and the edge of the rim is a little thicker than the GTO steelies so they won't flex coming out of the mold; '60 El Camino lower front pan - $ouch, but cheapest that's come down the pike lately.

Then I spotted this:

2104836109_62falconstyline8.jpg.3c46c7620a87c406bfafc9ba390fac03.jpg

710262087_62falconstyline2.jpg.1a195ce844b3a799bde9a323f0546805.jpg

1981874186_62falconstyline4.jpg.4972e0c4a5a184da2f9411b3c15f8790.jpg

'62 Falcon with the Styline tail; even with the crummy 500px photos I saw it might be savable, even if only as a donor for the '62 Ranchero project. '62s and their parts don't come up often, but the eBay piranhas get busy when they do - except in this case; low open and I was the only bidder :blink:.  

Couple of bits in the mailbox when I got home tonight - number three in the MPC Trikes series (actually number FOUR for my collection, but I bought them in the wrong order), and a rare non-automotive model found it’s way into my Amazon basket too:

82F7E3B1-5E73-4551-8E13-D434BA2DBD7C.thumb.jpeg.02047b43a0c10fa1485d95804ece945e.jpeg

Edited by CabDriver

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...