Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

10 hours ago, ranma said:

I bought a curio cabinet off my late Aunt's estate, which is now in my living room.  I have it filled with part of my International Harvester model truck collection. 

Top shelf: Transtar 4070 A with a scout ii beside it (not seen in photo's)

second shelf: Transtar II,  with a Scout ss (not seen in photo's)

third shelf/bottom of top section: Transtar 4270 (4200)

Forth shelf: Transtar 4300 day cab

fifth shelf: Paystar 5000 Dump truck

Bottom shelf: S-Series 2575 (frame shortened)

DSC05408.JPG

DSC05409.JPG

Looks really nice..

Local toy show. Picked up a cleanly built Fireball 500 Barris Cuda which should respond nicely to Snake-Fu.  Always kinda wanted one of these but not enough to actually build one. Now I'll have one on the shelf for minimal effort. 

Received a few packages for Revell in Germany, a replacement body and decals for the Golf GTI, Windshield frame for the E Type that was broken in the box, plus a few body parts moulded in light grey, no signs of sink marks anywhere. 

FB_IMG_1612797556854.jpg

FB_IMG_1612797554054.jpg

FB_IMG_1612797549636.jpg

1 hour ago, GeeBee said:

Received a few packages for Revell in Germany, a replacement body and decals for the Golf GTI, Windshield frame for the E Type that was broken in the box, plus a few body parts moulded in light grey, no signs of sink marks anywhere. 

FB_IMG_1612797554054.jpg

FB_IMG_1612797549636.jpg

So in order to get a good body one has to complain and have them send you a spare?

23 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Local toy show. Picked up a cleanly built Fireball 500 Barris Cuda which should respond nicely to Snake-Fu.  Always kinda wanted one of these but not enough to actually build one. Now I'll have one on the shelf for minimal effort. 

Here it is. Overall not bad looking, but a lotta little things to fix. Glue boogers on the windscreens is just the most obvious (luckily, I have spares), and the too-high front end. I've already disassembled it (held together with HUGE gobs of some kind of rubbery goo--Gorilla Glue?) and started. Should be fun! 

66CudaFB50005.jpg.3d69857eb82ff14ac535ff14c8f23a88.jpg

66CudaFB50010.jpg.ab39dc47bc4c71b6587b3310cae54466.jpg

4 hours ago, dbostream said:

So in order to get a good body one has to complain and have them send you a spare?

No, these were pre-production parts they sent me, Revell have halted production of this kit to sort out the problems with the body, Revell Germany are not sending out anymore kits, this has also delayed the release of the Revell U.S version. 

2 hours ago, von Zipper said:

Doing my part to stimulate the economy , from 2 different vendors

The Supernatural Impala has been scarce in brick and mortar stores around here. I saw one at HL back in June, but no more have appeared at any HL and I have never seen one at the LHS.

Congratulations on the score!

8 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Got the Tamiya McLaren Senna today along w/ the Tomica diecast from HLJ, got the others in the mail a couple days ago.

Noticed the Delicas in the background. I never knew that they were kitted. Now I want one.....

14 hours ago, GeeBee said:

No, these were pre-production parts they sent me, Revell have halted production of this kit to sort out the problems with the body, Revell Germany are not sending out anymore kits, this has also delayed the release of the Revell U.S version. 

Thanks good to know. So the only way to be sure I get a good body is to buy the US version or wait for a long time to buy the German version and hope it is not old stock otherwise I would have to ask support for a replacement.

Edited by dbostream

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...