Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

28 minutes ago, Doug 1061 said:

Had to go to Micro Center this morning, Hobbytown was kinda sorta on the way back so stopped in.  Picked up a new razor saw and they had one of these Tamiya drills.  I did not realize I had to put it together.....  IMG_6951r.jpg.e5ba2e0f8787e973c284d2b80041b9eb.jpg

Hahaha....lol! Leave it to Tamiya to make you build the drill that you want to use! Way funny!😆

10 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Man, Michael’s must have a TONNE of those 5-window coupes in a warehouse somewhere...of the three in New York and the two in Indiana that I’ve visited that kit is the only hot rod kit they’ve had in every single store

Right!? I have seen them in every single Michaels I have been in around the Phoenix valley.

2 hours ago, Danno said:

This is an interesting approach.  The exhaust stack comes out of the saddlebag fuel tank.  Or, is it not the exhaust stack, just an overzealous fuel tank vent?

Image result for revell brute force van

💥

That is a combo exhaust/fuel heater like on the big rigs so it don't jell up on you in the cold states up here. LOL  So it must be one of those GM diesels that don't run long. 

Went to Ollies and came home with a Halo snap kit and then to Hobby Lobby. Another 29 roadster (That someone opened it from the back side but left the cellophane on the front. I checked it out when a store employee walked up and It is a complete kit) a couple of the Foose Trucks and for some reason a 53 Ford and another 57 Chevy Snapper( I forgot I already have this ugly car). I will Build the 57 as the normal rusted relic we see around here.  The other 57 will be a project for my house bound friend. 

2 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

That is a combo exhaust/fuel heater like on the big rigs so it don't jell up on you in the cold states up here. LOL  So it must be one of those GM diesels that don't run long. 

Ahhh. Live and learn. Thanks!!

🌵😎

Whatcha Get?

Over the weekend I visited our local hobby shop in the Valley and my kit stash at a our storage locker. Been visiting the stash a bit more often, as new tools are somewhat scarce these days. 

C3EAE572-0835-4B5D-8717-5D9008276282.thumb.jpeg.16ec6fb9e39fd506eeca926e990b25e1.jpeg

Speaking of somewhat new and improved, I picked up the 63 Chevy II that is causing excitement amongst us.  Overall  a decent kit that is welcome. It does have some drawbacks, firstly being a curbside, yet lately, perhaps of age, I have built a few of the recent curbsides such as the 57 Belair, and the Ford Raptor that provided a decent challenge to my paint and weathering skills on the chassis plates. To the kit’s merits the body is separate from the hood allowing for easier kitbashing, notwithstanding the molded in engine bay interfering with the 66 Nova kit. Another welcome feature is a separate bottom end engine plate, making painting much easier. The major drawback is the interior tub that lacks decent door detail and a molded-in-place front bench seat while the rear seat is  separate.

D2BB656F-35F5-4464-BB14-038DFF636AE0.thumb.jpeg.fd26cfcd2c57586feae48af5a1f392ca.jpeg

The visit to the stash produced a few finds for now to keep things flowing. The 55 will be built to then current Jr. Stock specs. I had forgotten that this is based upon the Nomad kit for its underpinnings... maybe later on a Gasser version? The 57 is a much detailed kit by comparison to the early 60s Trophy Series. Three versions of induction are offered, with great detail to all the small bits. The 40 Ford ragtop is another well detailed kit with modern running gear powered by a current Flathead V8. The raised top is another hook for me, as it offers such a “Cruiser” style to the body. The odd choice was the Scout, a kit that may be described as a “dog-of-a-kit” yet still has some appeal, after all I did buy it! This one will require some thought, likely along the lines of a competitive vehicle... Baja 1000! The two Fujimi figure kits I chose just for interest, we’ll see where that leads diorama wise.

Cheers Misha

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...