Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

6 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Thanks Nigel. PM sent.

The Skyline is a Fujimi kit.

Later-

If the Skyline is like the older Fujimi issue I have then it looks slightly odd around the front end, and the bumpers are moulded-in as part of the bodyshell so need to be chromed or painted somehow.

Found 2 chassis I needed on eBay.  Years ago I bought a resin re-pop of a Jo-Han '59 Olds 4-door flat-top.  I think it came from Model Roundup/Model King. It had the body, interior and vacu-form glass but no chassis.  I was "Watching" that chassis on eBay.  The seller sent a message lowering the price and I jumped on it.  Those old Jo-Han chassis are hard to find and often expensive.  This one was reasonably priced.

Also long ago I got a stock resin '63 Nova wagon, with the hood molded in.  Again with the body and interior but no frame.  I had planned to swap in a '66 Nova chassis. 

But one of the eBay parts sellers came thru, offering a '63 chassis complete with the engine bottom plate and axle pins. It probably came from the new kit.  I plan to pick up the future release of the Nova wagon, with engine.  But the resin kit should be a fun quick-build, maybe of a drag strip tow car with the gas cans and accessories from the "Boss Nova" in the back.  

I bought a few small "junkyard" lots on eBay which arrived today, and after sorting through the literal junk and unwanted items, I was left with these. The Poison Pinto parts caught my eye, as did the AMT '32 Ford Sedan custom grille insert. A few decent wheels, and maybe some Deal's Wheels parts, too.

742012151_PXL_20210313_2041044742.thumb.jpg.2bcfa8c2ba717b5ef408dd27f6536b1d.jpg

992727720_PXL_20210313_2030157752.jpg.13bd72d90e33fe1a3b23c01261d22fc5.jpg

(100) 33 mm lids for my airbrush jars because I use enamels and lacquer thinner and they don't last.  Cellulose and foil seal... when they crud up and aren't worth cleaning I will toss and grab another.  Less than $0.25 each from fleabay.  This made me happy.  Yes, I am a simple man.

Lids.jpg

17 minutes ago, Kromolly said:

(100) 33 mm lids for my airbrush jars because I use enamels and lacquer thinner and they don't last.  Cellulose and foil seal... when they crud up and aren't worth cleaning I will toss and grab another.  Less than $0.25 each from fleabay.  This made me happy.  Yes, I am a simple man.

Lids.jpg

Send me that link lol

1 hour ago, Paintandwrenches said:

Dude said that he couldn't really do it anymore because of his eyes. I'm pretty sure that he built Gundam models and not cars, that's what it looks like anyway. Most of the stuff is brand new or barely used.

It's sad when leaves a hobby because of eyes or other health reasons. At least he decided to send it off to someone who could continue on.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...