Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Found a little batch of old Testors clear enamel - I’ll be sad when I’ve used the last of this stuff that I can find...

08880E75-A68D-4629-B9AB-34A800E308AE.thumb.jpeg.4e15e118fea55cc833d6e5c008ef68c3.jpeg

I normally get a couple of regular size bodies out of each of these jars though, so I’m good for probably 15-20 builds depending on what I build in the next couple of years...

Well, I must be popular because ewetwo sent me some fan mail:

fan.jpg.f16b5a8c35953716a144dbe973585a82.jpg

An evening's work and now it looks a bit more like the one from the '70 Wildcat:

IMG_0501.JPG.a9241a6d407d27a916efc3f1991555e1.JPG

406804222_70buickfan.jpg.04624f9ae5598246ef441dae9497b222.jpg

Thanks David! :)

Also scored a couple cans of Testor's Metalizer Aluminum and a can of Fabric Tan on $1.67 clearance from the Deerfield Hobby Lobby. Was hoping they'd have the GTO Super Stocker, but not yet.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

18 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Where did you get them?

found and had the only bid on them on Ebay! Surprised the  me that no one else had bid on it, nor did it have any one watching other then me.

Hobby Lobby today: MPC GMC Deserter, and AMT '63 Impala. Plus they finally had the model master paints reduced so I bought  5 can's of spray and three bottles.

MM spray paints: 1913 flat green, 1923flat gunship gray, 28128 Chevrolet Nassau blue,290205 Artic blue Met, and 2938 racing Orange.

MM bottle's : Skin tone, rust, And Ford /GM engine Blue.

Hobby Lobby clearance rack find today:

4D23A957-3694-4B8A-8464-8717472CE89D.thumb.jpeg.147bb0082b79c9036c722762026f913d.jpeg

Last clearance kit I got said it was missing the tires too (but it wasn’t?!) - this one was missing the tires and then some.  The wheels, the entire interior, the decals, the instructions...almost wasn’t worth the gamble this time around...

That said I’m sure I’ll find a home for the engine, which is nicely done, and the rear end and Ive got a useful frame with front and rear suspension that I can drop some other body onto...I’ll get my $7.49’s worth out of it!

Yesterday I got two of the re-done AMT '64 Cutlass convertibles, the Grumpy Jenkins Vega, and the AMT VW GTI Mk.1 from LHS along with the Revell '70 Trans-Am and some of the close out Testor paint from Hobby Lobby.

11 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

My oldest son brought these to me today! 

Found at an antique shop for 10 bucks each.

The Model T kit is complete.

The Matadoor has all the stock parts except headlights, taillights, front turn signal lenses, swaybar and decals.

20210509_211011.jpg

Great classic kits.  Some day I hope to get a Matador.

I just got this one today. Pic from EBay listing. Nice little kit. Odd thing...The kit came from a distance of about 20 miles from my home. I open the kit and a stamp inside the box lid says Marks Model Mart. plus the address and state which is in Phoenix. How far did this little box travel to eventually get to me? I can imagine several people saw and bought this and sold off several times by different people.  It found it's forever home with me.

Image 1 - Porsche Carrera 1/32 unbuilt model car kit by MPC models  Vintage

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...