Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

23 hours ago, youpey said:

I finally got my 2nd place holy grail. I got it for a great deal too. The box is very good and its sealed inside.

My holy grail is the mr sandman kit with the buggy, but this one is a very close second. i love the 4 wheeler that come with this.   I have a perfect diorama idea for this with my bronco and a couple other things. Man, its coming together now. I am so happy 

16223100094185956779855731438341.jpg

I still have the trailer and some of the luggage from when I built mine as a kid. Talk about memories.  

Just got this through ebay a few days ago for what I thought was a reasonable price. It has all of the windows and major pieces and the body looks straight. I think there's some broken/missing pieces, but I can always use one of the recent re-releases of the Chevy Van to piece it together. I hope it was a good investment. 

s-l1600.jpg.0c7177ffd61ae54683dc361b55638954.jpgs-l1600-2.jpg.8c9b78b46412d777947d24cba2762a7c.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg.08a2502832750b1534c5dad96424d7b4.jpg

First non-eBay buy in about a year and a half.  One of my friends bought a collection a while back, ID'd and packaged everything in preparation for the next shows whenever those are.  

The Monogram '55 Chevy is just parts, but important parts including the front suspension, stock front seat, stock wheels, and stock exterior trim parts.  Between this stuff, some other parts I already have, and a Badman body already "in stock", I should be able to piece together a stock '55.

The Capri II is complete with some duplicate parts, but is parts of two issues.  Those fender flares aren't from the issue that the box and other parts are from.  I've wanted to build one with those flares.  They're on the body straight and the two sides match, so they are probably on where they should be.  That green putty is probably on there forty years plus, so it's safe to say it's fully cured.  I'll sand some of it first to see if I can get away with leaving it instead of soaking it off.

The bagged stuff includes a SMP '60 Chevy pickup (rough, no glass, will probably become ramp truck material), '64 Falcon convertible (windshield glass welded in with glue) that might get mashed with a Ranchero roof and bed, or maybe an early Comet sedan roof, '64 Buick hardtop (roof cut off but lower body has all trim intact).  I have a junk body with a good convertible windshield frame, between these and some leftover custom parts I think I have enough for an out of box custom version.  

The little stuff includes some unused taillight lenses ('66 Cyclone, '60 Ford annual, and first issue Revell '56 Ford pickup), also some '65 Fairlane custom parts that I wanted but aren't in the Modified Stocker reissue.  More stuff to play with, I like fixing junk better than tearing into a new kit.

20210531_212852.jpg

40 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Wait... that's a re-pop? Man. I built that kit in my teen years!! 

just released. in fact, i didnt think it would be available yet. i found it on ebay. says 2021 on the manual

23 minutes ago, '70 Grande said:

Got one of my final "Holy-Grail" kits just a few days ago... won't start building it just yet as I need to get familiar with all the tiny bits and pieces!

Congratulations on getting your holy grail kit

Got some stuff today. The Shaken Not Stirred bottle shaker.  Tried it out and it works pretty well. Battery or AC power.

The 1957 Caddy. Molded in red :-(. But it has the clear glass.

Some paint from the clearance section of Hobby Lobby. And scribers? I guess that's what you call them.

And a Weekend Worrier GTO from Micheals. Got home and went into my stash room and there it is. Already had one. But not only that one. But I also have the kit that has the blue GTO on the lid. Ugh. I have to put photos of what I have on my phone so I can check if I have it or not. LOL

image5.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

4 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Got some stuff today. The Shaken Not Stirred bottle shaker.  Tried it out and it works pretty well. Battery or AC power.

The 1957 Caddy. Molded in red :-(. But it has the clear glass.

Some paint from the clearance section of Hobby Lobby. And scribers? I guess that's what you call them.

And a Weekend Worrier GTO from Micheals. Got home and went into my stash room and there it is. Already had one. But not only that one. But I also have the kit that has the blue GTO on the lid. Ugh. I have to put photos of what I have on my phone so I can check if I have it or not. LOL

image5.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Nice choices on your haul David..

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...