Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

recent arrivals, I've had the audi on pre order for months so am happy its now here. I'll be building it as the road car version probably. I've got a heap of the tamiya bugs but this is my first of the recent revell bugs. The italeri bug is decent enough but the wheels look awful so I might strip them and paint them to use on a rod

OIP.qr3zQdTbIygO_WDzRkkk8gHaE4.jpg

OIP.dasWvMLNrr3M8XMZPKynAgHaE6.jpg

R254b7f840ac3f660e9074424f489be3b.jpg

OIP.p_1PvaOplqGIK0bj2EVkZQHaF7.jpg

On 6/23/2021 at 6:28 AM, Mike999 said:

Flea Market Day!  I found Volume 1, Number 1 of a Certain Car Model Magazine.  

[...]

That top issue, look in the Copperstate contest for my name, think I entered it.  I got to know David Cummins too, was an awesome modeler.

I keep telling myself, have enough kits. 🤭  Got the Tamiya Gullwing and the wheels for a good price (other kits already had).

300SLs.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2021 at 4:03 AM, Snake45 said:

Couple years ago I bought at Walmart  can of Rustoleum Charcoal Gray Metallic paint. (Looks like the only other color in this line is the Cobalt Blue, with which I've done a couple decent paint jobs.) Wanted it for a particular diecast I'm gonna get around to SOMEDAY.  Now, sometime, in the last six months or so, I was working on something else that I thought that metallic gray would have been perfect for, so I went looking for my can of it, and couldn't find it anywhere. And Walmart didn't have the paint (of course). But I can't remember what that project was--whether I pressed on with some other color, or shelved the whole thing. :unsure:

So Walmart had the paint again this week so I got a new can. Now I can't remember what I wanted to use it on (except for that diecast, which isn't on my immediate build schedule)! :angry:

What would look good in a metallic dark gray? Only thing I can think of offhand might be a Dodge Stealth. Any other ideas? 

‘67 Roadrunner with big steelies, stripped out interior, roll cage and side exhausts.

A lean, mean street machine with a late night vibe.

steve

9ADF934C-C80A-4EC3-B4F8-134F78277956.jpeg.eaf5f2c490c5fab65c227700e7d15b0e.jpeg

Nine cans of Tamiya paint!  I don’t have any local sources anymore but I was at my daughter’s in New Jersey yesterday. I took a trip to the last hobby shop in the area.

It was actually sad to go there. They literally had less than 2 dozen kits on the shelf. Half of those were Revell of Germany flat boxes of very common American releases that their distributor dumped on them.

A huge area of the shop was turned into a small RC car track.  Another large area was cleaned of retail, and was full of long folding tables and chairs.  This was full of young guys, high school age and maybe into their 20s.  They were all playing some kind of card game.  

The rest of the place had been reduced to being a toy store. I guess it works for them, but sad for hobbies.

I bought one of these at Walmart. First time I've seen it in gold, and first time I've seen 'em in the "fine point." Wish I could find the Silver Leaf one in the fine point, too. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvy-Uchida-DecoColor-Premium-Metallic-Paint-Marker-Fine-Tip-Gold-564316520/46554570

I hope to use it to make some cool drag car name decals. B)

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I bought one of these at Walmart. First time I've seen it in gold, and first time I've seen 'em in the "fine point." Wish I could find the Silver Leaf one in the fine point, too. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvy-Uchida-DecoColor-Premium-Metallic-Paint-Marker-Fine-Tip-Gold-564316520/46554570

I hope to use it to make some cool drag car name decals. B)

Have you looked at Office Depot? I got a very fine point gold paint pen there to redo the spine lettering on an old book. They have silver too. 

Today in Easley SC I hit Hobby Lobby, Ollie's and the only hobby shop for a LONG way around here, The Hobby Connection.

Nothing new at Hobby Lobby.  At Ollie's I got a '69 GTX hardtop and the Custom Pumper Fire Truck.

And from the Hobby Connection...

70-gal-taxi.jpg

A few days ago, I received two sets of tire decals from Joseph at Fireball Modelworks. I applied them before I went to bed,  this morning. As is usual, Joseph's stuff is amazing. The decals went on without a problem,  the carrier film just disappears! Highly recommended products.

9 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got this strange little kit from Japan today . I kept seeing these on the bay and wondered what they were like . Curiosity got the best of me and I ordered one . 

88BFEC81-03DA-4669-8CB1-20675E8EC6CB.jpeg

What is in the box ? can you show us please !

19 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got this strange little kit from Japan today . I kept seeing these on the bay and wondered what they were like . Curiosity got the best of me and I ordered one . 

88BFEC81-03DA-4669-8CB1-20675E8EC6CB.jpeg

Very interesting, I'd like to see in the box at the size (scale) and parts to build the truck. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...