Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, imarriedawitch said:

Last week's acquisitions. Follmer Javelin from eBay and the Pantera from Burbank's House of Hobbies. 

DSCN0421a.jpg

That Pantera is the GTS version of the one I’m combining with the Ford GT, I thought those were either out of production or at least out of stock and expensive right now!?

3 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

That Pantera is the GTS version of the one I’m combining with the Ford GT, I thought those were either out of production or at least out of stock and expensive right now!?

I think the Pantera has been reissued.  When I was in the store at Burbank's House of Hobbies last Thursday they had several on the shelf.  They carry a good quantity of Fujimi, Aoshima and Hasegawa kits.

4 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Just found this at the Dekalb, IL Michael’s store today!

142FD18E-DA4E-462F-927C-CC005B9D6B20.thumb.jpeg.3b991ded33a9bab33898a4ec9ff876dd.jpeg

These were in my local Micheals also. Looks like they might be getting new kits in. I saw the 1956 chevy on their web site. 

I've been wanting a stock 65 Fairlane for years but they're a bit pricey. It was my first car at 16, lots of fun a with a 289. I found these on ebay 2 65s & a 66or67 for $27. Seemed like a great price to me. 

SUNP0003 (2).JPG

SUNP0005 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Ordered these jumbo AMT slicks from a seller on eBay - I’ve got a few projects where I need larger-than-normal tires:

9BB2A6E3-283D-48D8-B559-5D793C0F6382.png.e8d6b501bfa2981bd4c4a7a2eb822b28.png

Received these, which are the same regular size sportsman slicks that I have 50 of already (note the different ‘style’ numbers on the packaging):

DC774EF4-97E0-4FF7-9DCC-7D53951FEFA0.thumb.jpeg.75a66ab79686c89ac9be4490f7f3b83f.jpeg

Hoping the seller actually has the kind I want (and bothers replying…)

Picked up this book on Boyd Coddington ready to build the Testor’s Alumacoupe and Chezoom kits:

899534B2-E2C0-4331-844A-D9DDE965B745.thumb.jpeg.356c216cbbf34412bc5ed538ffdee0c2.jpeg

Some GREAT reference pics and info…and a bunch of other cool build inspiration!  

Weird thing though: Amazon / the USPS said this was delivered over a week ago and it wasn’t…

EA50D9BF-AE80-444A-9141-86A3CA729E32.jpeg.5f2de25c71877a120b1c3d1094bca093.jpeg

Amazon said they knew it hadn’t been delivered and that the USPS actually did still have it, then a couple of days later they said it was lost and refunded me automatically.

Then, today, it arrived 🤷‍♂️  Am I meant to refund their refund somehow now?

22 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Amazon said they knew it hadn’t been delivered and that the USPS actually did still have it, then a couple of days later they said it was lost and refunded me automatically.

Then, today, it arrived 🤷‍♂️  Am I meant to refund their refund somehow now?

I wouldn't do anything until they contacted me about it. If they're THAT disorganized, trying to "correct" the problem will probably just make matters much, much worse. :wacko:

I only seem to find rusy tools and scratchy Guy Lombardo records at estate sales, but today was the exception.  Props to my wife for finding the sale; the entire haul set me back 20 bucks.  I think I now have a lifetime supply of flat black paint!

760995897_estatesale.jpg.ee15ed19615305f24db69fdd04f1d37b.jpg

Edited by Karl LaFong
  • Like 1

Found one last can of the Model Masters Auto Lacquer (2 step) in gloss black, tucked away in the clearance mess at the Hobby Lobby.  Priced a whopping $1.57.  Had to grab it.  There were a couple cans of panzer grey as well that I should have grabbed but didn't....if they are still there when I go back I'll probably snatch them up too.

1 hour ago, Beans said:

Priced a whopping $1.57.  Had to grab it.  There were a couple cans of panzer grey as well that I should have grabbed but didn't....if they are still there when I go back I'll probably snatch them up too.

I used Panzer gray for car chassis and contrasting interior colors. Grab it!

15 hours ago, kelson said:

Unexpected find on the shelf of the local Hobbyshop🤠

Unexpected find for me too, about a week ago, in the only hobby shop for MANY miles around here.  The store had 2 of those '70 Galaxie Taxis on the shelf and I bought both.  I really like the luggage and the decals.

Between the old Model King Police issues, the AMT-ERTL Police re-issue, the 007 cop car and this one, I think I have 8 of those '70 Galaxie kits now.  I've always planned to use 2 of them to build a Russian Embassy mini-limousine, as seen in the movie "Falcon and the Snowman."  I even found some info about those cars on the internet.  They were stretched and modified by a company in Mexico City that also built airport limos and other custom jobs.  

limo2.271.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...