Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I THINK the Chezoom Teal is still in the Testor line, hiding in the "little bottle" line as just "Teal." If it's not exactly the same thing, it looks very, very similar. Yes, it's metallic/pearl. 

That's a REALLY good tip, thanks buddy!  There's plenty of jars of stuff formulated for lexan RC car bodies on eBay, but I haven't tried that over styrene so I'd prefer something I'm a little more familiar with.  I'll check that out! 

So I walk into my pharmacy where I get my meds and he has a shelf with model cars in there. Been there  awhile and I think I'm the only one who has ever bought a model off that shelf. I know the owner has been wanting to dedicate that shelf to something else as he isn't going to stock any more kits. I asked what kind of discount I would get if I bought all the kits left (6 kits) on that shelf. He tells me 30%. I says Great! I will buy them. So I wound up with a Revell 67 Chevelle, Revell COPO Nova, AMT 1/32 scale 66 Mustang, MPC 80s Camaro, Revell 57 Chevy newer tool, and a Revell 32 Ford. All about 80 bux.

10 hours ago, Sledsel said:

I was at Hobby Lobby today and had to have this ugly old Mack...... now what to do what to do......

Mack DM800 Water Truck Build Log

I have loved this truck since my brother built it in the early 70’s so I had to have one. Great model memory for me.".

10 hours ago, slusher said:

I have loved this truck since my brother built it in the early 70’s so I had to have one. Great model memory for me.".

Never had one in the past, never really built trucks, but these reissues have lit a big rig spark in me.

1 hour ago, CabDriver said:

Jimmy Flintstone vintage modified.  Just a simple curbside (trackside?) piece, but I’ve been wanting to build something like this for a while for my shelf…

593C4552-F234-4DC3-B33C-B055819D5528.thumb.jpeg.59f42e3bbc7f81218010acbc263f0bff.jpeg

That's pretty dang cool! I have built two of his Goldenrod kits. Lots of fun! It might be a good candidate for the 24 hour build!

On 7/16/2021 at 5:07 PM, kelson said:

Ebay arrival today🤠,thankfully it's not a glue bomb.

You more than likely paid a high price for that '72 Impala. I'd like to have one in my 30 years of Chevrolet Collection, But They seem to be out of my price range.

I got an assortment of AWG numbered bits to replace some broken/lost bits from my drill box. Earlier in the week, I received a Revell Snap-Tite '57 Chevy from one purchase and one of the '67 'Vettes, because I had raided the cross-ram manifold from the one I had, for my Supermodified.

17 hours ago, slusher said:

Never seen one of these before….

That has to be one of, if not THE rarest Tom Daniel kit ever! What a cool score. The big question; will he build it?

Edited by bisc63
updated info

On 7/16/2021 at 10:50 AM, lordairgtar said:

All about 80 bux.

You stole 'em! Seriously, usually when one finds a group of kits like that you can expect a couple of duds and take the bad with the good, but those are all fine kits! Good for you!

51 minutes ago, br67 said:

Really good condition Chaparral 2a eBay find

That’s a great find Brandon! I came across this same kit, as well as the McLaren Elva from the same series. Mine had the decals missing so it is interesting to see that the sheet includes the Lola markings as well. AMT & Monogram did a fairly decent job of making the slot bodies into static kits back in the early sixties at a lower price than the full detail kits. We are fortunate to find these kits as they are the only examples around for most of them.
Cheers Misha

18 hours ago, ranma said:

You more than likely paid a high price for that '72 Impala. I'd like to have one in my 30 years of Chevrolet Collection, But They seem to be out of my price range.

Rick, if your not adverse to resin, Vic's resin does one at just needs a chassis, engine and glass to complete for about 60 bucks. 

From the Louisville show yesterday......

Pic 1.....builts but using for parts.  The van will get restored eventually as is it's complete has the early 70's front end (missing the horizontal taillights) and no sink lines from the gigantic clear top of later versions

Pic2....Geo Storm promo, Mercedes SL (Monogram kit), and a die cast Pagani (for my teenager)

Pic 3....the Yellow Challenger was the lone one I was missing.  Jo-Han Toronado (sealed).  P/L Silver pre-painted Ford GT.  Revell California Roller......missing tires/glass, may leave unpainted as one of the best 'molded in colors' I've ever seen  

thumbnail (75).jpg

thumbnail (76).jpg

thumbnail (77).jpg

On 7/17/2021 at 3:27 PM, ranma said:

Nope,it was a Buy it now on Ebay for $89 dollars or best offer.🤠

On 7/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, Khils said:

Jim...PM me if your interested

0717211826.jpg

Thank you so much!  I just ordered some of their CURRENT teal color yesterday but I’m not sure how close it will match without seeing it.  I’ll keep your kind offer in mind - much appreciated!!

On 7/16/2021 at 11:50 AM, lordairgtar said:

So I walk into my pharmacy where I get my meds and he has a shelf with model cars in there. Been there  awhile and I think I'm the only one who has ever bought a model off that shelf. I know the owner has been wanting to dedicate that shelf to something else as he isn't going to stock any more kits. I asked what kind of discount I would get if I bought all the kits left (6 kits) on that shelf. He tells me 30%. I says Great! I will buy them. So I wound up with a Revell 67 Chevelle, Revell COPO Nova, AMT 1/32 scale 66 Mustang, MPC 80s Camaro, Revell 57 Chevy newer tool, and a Revell 32 Ford. All about 80 bux.

That made me think back to many years ago when a small, local drug store here announced it was going out of business. At the back of the store was a shelf with about 30 or so 1/25 model kits on it, all AMT and Jo-Han original issues from the 1960's and very early 1970's. Why I had never seen them there before was because I'd never been in that store before that day that I spotted them. A few were opened and no longer sealed and all of them had a thin layer of dust on them. 

No wonder they'd never been sold, that shelf was practically invisible so far back. There was also Testor's paints, but the bottles looked like the paint inside was all dried up. A sign read "All items on this shelf 90% off marked price", which meant a $1.50 Jo-Han kit would be 15 cents! I was late for work and in a hurry so I grabbed the aspirin I'd stopped in to get and left, reminding myself to go back the next day and buy them all. 

But I had to work heavy overtime and didn't make it back there until three days later. The store was closed down and locked up, out of business. I hope no one heard me cursing to myself. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...