Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 hours ago, Brudda said:

The jag is cool.  How is the front end? That was a problem with the older mold. 

The windscreen/roof is bad other than that the kit is good imo once you have made the hood fit properly.

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 1

I keep telling myself, this will be the last model, then something else shows up. 😅  I have always dug this weird finned Ferrari, it's a love it or hate it design. Feranado had posted the artwork on his Facebook page, then last year he had a 1/32 scale version ready, then recently he indicated the 1/24 scale was about to launch.  I PMed him to say I've been waiting for it, he said I could order now, so of course I sprung for it.  I will start a new topic in WIP.......

IMG_2446.thumb.jpg.9ad2d3159d23c10ee74d47ae48d1ff9d.jpg
IMG_2448.thumb.jpg.41806b8835902160fac69c665868ddda.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I keep telling myself, this will be the last model, then something else shows up. 😅  I have always dug this weird finned Ferrari, it's a love it or hate it design. Feranado had posted the artwork on his Facebook page, then last year he had a 1/32 scale version ready, then recently he indicated the 1/24 scale was about to launch.  I PMed him to say I've been waiting for it, he said I could order now, so of course I sprung for it.  I will start a new topic in WIP.......

IMG_2446.thumb.jpg.9ad2d3159d23c10ee74d47ae48d1ff9d.jpg
IMG_2448.thumb.jpg.41806b8835902160fac69c665868ddda.jpg

Wow! Whether you love it OR hate it, that is one fantastic car! ... Way to pique the interests again eh Kurt?

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2021 at 10:27 PM, PatW said:

A Monogram L'IL Coffin. From ebay here in the UK for £10 as it is already used/started etc, as you can see it's in bits. The owner painted most things gold and tried to stick the chrome parts on top of the paint, but also without removing the chrome plating. I'm stripping the paint from the back axle/driveshaft and the engine block as most of the chrome parts began to fall off once I handled them. The hinges on both the doors and body are broken in one way or another and I will try to replace them.

photo-th.jpg

It's crashed and burned! Whoever/whatever they stuck together with was awful. I could neither remove anything nor add anything! I tried every method that I knew and searched on various sites other methods to reduce/remove the glue to no effect at all. So it's gone! Ah I kept the wheels and tyres.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, PatW said:

It's crashed and burned! Whoever/whatever they stuck together with was awful. I could neither remove anything nor add anything! I tried every method that I knew and searched on various sites other methods to reduce/remove the glue to no effect at all. So it's gone! Ah I kept the wheels and tyres.

Ugh... was there with a 66 Marlin. They used an entire tube of glue on it I think.

Coupla arrivals today.  

Another one for my Boyd collection:

3832AD93-9A31-4551-87D2-0739042011E0.thumb.jpeg.6b57ee24a5e3a2f43a500aea91973502.jpeg

Not exactly the most obvious choice from AMT for a Boyd themed kit, but I’m collecting the set and didn’t have this one, so here it is 🤷‍♂️🤪.  Paid $10 on eBay for it.

And a snap kit - I had an idea for a paintjob for one of these Vettes so I picked this up too so I can get said idea out of my head and onto the shelf relatively easily 🤪

3C7688C2-C29E-408D-92C1-5F058F949601.thumb.jpeg.75d20c91525588a6a9287362a92c33ab.jpeg

6F9E3ED6-454A-4948-88F0-CE869FB9B69D.jpeg.66de1dbe51041b513707b918e1988565.jpeg

I was in NJ at my daughter’s and stopped in the local hobby shop because I needed the clear red paint for my VW tail lights. Also grabbed a can of clear and dark green.

AF04D40F-3C64-4AA4-AE53-4A9EEAB68E99.jpeg.531c5e7a8ef7c350f6fd510f0a52878f.jpeg

Dismal! This is the entire model department. About 20 kits total. Note the two trailers.. but no tractors!  

This shop used to have a ton of kits but nobody there knew anything about them. A rep from their distributor told me they had a standing order for one of each kit!  So they would never know if a kit was popular!

Back then I tried to talk with the owner but he just rolled his eyes and said nobody buys kits anymore!  And the kits just shrunk and shrunk. A self fulfilling prophecy!  

Ha! That’s hilarious and ironic!  The paint i bought there wasn’t easy either.  The paint racks.. both Tamiya and Testors.. that they only sell because of RC cars.. is in the very back corner of the store.. Katy corner to the RC service counter. As I headed for it, a kid yells at me, “Where you going?”  I reply, “Paint Rack” pointing in the corner. He yells back, “You can’t go behind the counter. Tell me what paint you want and I’ll give it to you.”

I ask, “How would I know what I want if I can’t look at it?” The rack is far enough back and sideways so unless I came in with a pre researched list. So I ignored the jerk and went to the rack.  I told him the last time I was there I bought $80 worth of paint.

So he stood there and stared at my back the whole time. I needed the clear red. I was looking for a green for a project so I quickly picked one and I always get an extra can.. or three of clear gloss. 

If I had been left alone, or if someone was (gasp!) a tiny bit friendly I would have taken my time and maybe doubled / tripled my purchase.

Next thing they’ll discontinue paint because it doesn’t sell!

Edited by Tom Geiger

On 9/1/2021 at 4:22 PM, PatW said:

Sorry to hear that Pat. I will rarely buy a build up for that reason..

22 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Coupla arrivals today.  

Another one for my Boyd collection:

3832AD93-9A31-4551-87D2-0739042011E0.thumb.jpeg.6b57ee24a5e3a2f43a500aea91973502.jpeg

Not exactly the most obvious choice from AMT for a Boyd themed kit, but I’m collecting the set and didn’t have this one, so here it is 🤷‍♂️🤪.  Paid $10 on eBay for it.

And a snap kit - I had an idea for a paintjob for one of these Vettes so I picked this up too so I can get said idea out of my head and onto the shelf relatively easily 🤪

3C7688C2-C29E-408D-92C1-5F058F949601.thumb.jpeg.75d20c91525588a6a9287362a92c33ab.jpeg

Nice buy on the Boyd Mustang…

• Like 1

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...