Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, slusher said:

Nice buy on the Boyd Mustang…

I’ve noticed increasingly that if you save an item to your watchlist on eBay you’ll receive a “buyer offered 20% off” type message after a couple of days and you can make an offer on the item too.  eBay seems to be promoting sellers to consider doing that…

This item was Buy It Now at $15, I got a message saying I could purchase immediately for 10% off or make an offer, so I offered $10 and it got accepted right away!  Score!

9 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I’ve noticed increasingly that if you save an item to your watchlist on eBay you’ll receive a “buyer offered 20% off” type message after a couple of days and you can make an offer on the item too.  eBay seems to be promoting sellers to consider doing that…

This item was Buy It Now at $15, I got a message saying I could purchase immediately for 10% off or make an offer, so I offered $10 and it got accepted right away!  Score!

I put a lot of stuff on my watchlist, and I've only gotten two or three of those email private offers. 

The one time I can think of that I immediately accepted the offer, it was on something I had NOT put on the watchlist, but had looked at earlier in the day. :unsure:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I get those quite a bit.  Sometimes I get a little too crazy with the watch list, or just want to see what something will eventually sell for.  Some specific sellers use this on pretty much every item.  Unless it is something rare I will almost always put something on my watch list for a couple of days before placing a bid.

This also helps me cut down on the impulse buys.

• Like 1

USPS just delivered the AMT Cal Drag Combo (64 Galaxie, Falcon Funny Car and trailer).  Noticed even though the Galaxie hood is molded shut the chassis has inner fenders, not sure how detailed .  So a few swipes with the back of an X-acto blade and a parts box big block FE engine and viola a full detail Galaxie.

Got a package from Burbank's House of Hobbies today. I hate paying shipping on a large envelope, so I picked out a couple of kits and waited for them to get MCM in stock. I wanted the earlier Delica as well, but it sold before they received the magazines. Saw these wonderfully freakazoid things all over British Columbia, so I must have them in scale. Yes, it will have a B.C. license plate.

PXL_20210903_204357595.thumb.jpg.d157f8614b8823f026c1877c04791929.jpg

6 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

a parts box big block FE engine and viola a full detail Galaxie.

Rick, I have a firewall from the original modified stocker. It's yours for the asking if you decide to cut the hood open. It was painted with Testors enamel and has already taken a swim in The Purple Pond.

18 hours ago, CabDriver said:

That was a steal..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

Will be able to build my version of General Lee now.

10 hours ago, Casey said:

Uh-oh, you got the chopped roof, early issue.

Ummm I think that was deliberate mate. 

OPs version must want the chopped roof.

Stop counting rivets when he hasn’t even opened the box. It’s not encouraging and puts people off of the hobby. 

Edited by Sandboarder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Casey said:

Uh-oh, you got the chopped roof, early issue.

Thanks for telling me something I already knew before purchasing. I dont care about accuracy when it comes my builds. 

I also did mention I will be building my version of the General Lee.

3 hours ago, Sandboarder said:

Ummm I think that was deliberate mate. 

OPs version must want the chopped roof.

Stop counting rivets when he hasn’t even opened the box. It’s not encouraging and puts people off of the hobby. 

Thanks, its all good mate.

You know how it is on this forum, the know it all's just have to flex the knowledge.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Cool Hand said:

Thanks for telling me something I already knew before purchasing. I dont care about accuracy when it comes my builds. 

I also did mention I will be building my version of the General Lee.

Thanks, its all good mate.

You know how it is on this forum, the know it all's just have to flex the knowledge.

That seems kinda harsh.

Casey probably figured , like most people, you didn't know about the chopped top and was just trying to warn you about it.

Yes, you did mention you were building your own version of the car but no where did you say it needed the chopped top. 

also if the know it alls didn't flex the knowledge, how would the know nothings learn anything? 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did I ask for any info on the kit, no I did not.

Was merely sharing what I had got today and my intention to build my version/my way. And no where did I say I was wanting to build a dead nutz replica either.

Im capable of reading and doing my own research to learn what I need to build what and how I want.

Whether thats right or wrong I just dont care. As long as im happy with my build, thats all that matters to me. 

If people want to chime in and give a history lesson or be the info guy thats cool, just dont assume without asking a person intentions with a kit or build.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Rodent said:

Got a package from Burbank's House of Hobbies today. I hate paying shipping on a large envelope, so I picked out a couple of kits and waited for them to get MCM in stock. I wanted the earlier Delica as well, but it sold before they received the magazines. Saw these wonderfully freakazoid things all over British Columbia, so I must have them in scale. Yes, it will have a B.C. license plate.

PXL_20210903_204357595.thumb.jpg.d157f8614b8823f026c1877c04791929.jpg

Neat Delica.

55 minutes ago, ranma said:

Got 3 AMT display cases ($6.74 each) and the 63 Nova wagon $19.97 at our wal mart in town here.

I heard that one Wal Mart in my area has kits. Don't know about any others. I guess I should check it out. But then, I may end up buying some.....

Later- 

On 9/1/2021 at 11:15 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Ha! That’s hilarious and ironic!  The paint i bought there wasn’t easy either.  The paint racks.. both Tamiya and Testors.. that they only sell because of RC cars.. is in the very back corner of the store.. Katy corner to the RC service counter. As I headed for it, a kid yells at me, “Where you going?”  I reply, “Paint Rack” pointing in the corner. He yells back, “You can’t go behind the counter. Tell me what paint you want and I’ll give it to you.”

I ask, “How would I know what I want if I can’t look at it?” The rack is far enough back and sideways so unless I came in with a pre researched list. So I ignored the jerk and went to the rack.  I told him the last time I was there I bought $80 worth of paint.

So he stood there and stared at my back the whole time. I needed the clear red. I was looking for a green for a project so I quickly picked one and I always get an extra can.. or three of clear gloss. 

If I had been left alone, or if someone was (gasp!) a tiny bit friendly I would have taken my time and maybe doubled / tripled my purchase.

Next thing they’ll discontinue paint because it doesn’t sell!

Make sure you let the owner know this problem.

10 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

Was merely sharing what I had got today and my intention to build my version/my way. And no where did I say I was wanting to build a dead nutz replica either.

Im capable of reading and doing my own research to learn what I need to build what and how I want.

Whether thats right or wrong I just dont care. As long as im happy with my build, thats all that matters to me. 

If people want to chime in and give a history lesson or be the info guy thats cool, just dont assume without asking a person intentions with a kit or build.

Howza bout putting the Aussie flag on the roof and naming it after an Aussie General....might be cool.

13 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

I'm calling BS on that.

If you didn't care and didn't want comments you wouldn't be making posts anywhere, let alone on here.

You might know exactly what's in the box but other people who see the post on here may not know. This is one way they learn of this stuff, by reading comments about kits. I don't think it's taking anything away from you that Casey commented that the kit had issues. That particular box isn't seen very often any more and it might be helpful to someone considering buying one to know about it.

If you don't want people responding to your posts maybe just put a line in your signature saying so, that way they'd know it's not welcome with you.

You don't have to respond to this post, in fact I'd prefer that you didn't. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

@Can-Con when some one post a new kit they have purchased. Probably bought online and waited to open the parcel and then they are excited to show off their new find (probably because it’s not a kit that you see every day) The last thing any one wants is some body pointing out everything wrong with their new purchase.

Let’s keep this forum positive. Maybe next time @Casey could say “you don’t see that kit very often, it has a chopped roof. If you want to read more I can share a link” instead of saying “Uh-oh” because not everyone cares if the casting is 100% correct. 

• Like 1

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...