Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

6 minutes ago, kelson said:

Ebay arrivals from the other day,both are missing a few pieces,but totally rebuildable.🤠IMG_3006.thumb.JPG.e5b09c66f6751415daf5829f4962cb69.JPGIMG_3010.thumb.JPG.754c38c97b506197a86f0c07f2d395d7.JPGIMG_3007.thumb.JPG.352053dddb238288208282e920feee21.JPG

If it should matter to you check the front fender vents on the Firebird. I think who ever started this kit mounted them up side down. Great score though.  

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 6:40 AM, lordairgtar said:

You should build it. It will go well with the 1970 Buick promo style kit that was reissued a few years back.

On 9/5/2021 at 5:20 PM, Snake45 said:

Very cool! I've had one of these in the stash since 1969. I swiped the engine out of it to put in a '66 Skylark back in the day, I think all the rest is still there. Not long ago I was able to lend the radiator wall to someone--was it ChrisBCritter?--to copy for a build, and he returned it no problem. Maybe I'll actually build the thing someday. 

Yep - 'twas I. Both the radiator wall and firewall fit the '70 body just fine - it even has the locators for the firewall still molded in even though it was always a curbside. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jchrisf said:

How much did you get that Zerex for?  Those are hard to find.

Yah, very tough to find and I remember when they were plentiful.  $10.00

Model kits and automotive swap meets are very common and prices are usually more reasonable.  

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:39 PM, sfhess said:

Any other parts in the Road Runner box?  I'm looking for the custom front bumper and headlights for that kit.

Yup,most of the parts were there i just didn't take a picture of them,and the custom front bumper and bezels and headlights are there.

The Revell '69 Boss 302 at Hobby Lobby.  It was unwrapped but complete/sealed inside.  Asked the manager if they would discount it for being unwrapped.  She said she might, if it wasn't 40% off already in the model kits sale.  But no.  Oh well, I tried...

I found one "Red Tag" kit in the Model aisle -  the Atlantis 1/48 scale M-46 Patton tank (ex-Aurora).  It was marked down from $19.99 to $4.99.  At that price, I may build it and run it on the carpet, while making tank noises.   😜  I think that kit has some figures, and 1/48 figures are always welcome.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...