Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

4 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Thanks.  Had it on my radar off and on for several years.  Sort of an iconic and unusual custom with an interesting history.  Need to source correct wheels and figure out how it was originally painted.  It was a candy metallic apricot color but trying to determine if fading or fogging of white pearl was done.  Lighting of the photos (that are color) really matters

Here's your wheels Gerry. Closest I can think of anyway. 

Picture 3 of 3

3 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Here's your wheels Gerry. Closest I can think of anyway. 

Picture 3 of 3

Found that one (not in stash) as an option and another not deep dish enough.  So some more research to do.  Have Firestone tires that would work.  John Teresi did a thread here about 10 years back.  Need to dig that up and see what he did

On 9/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, Snake45 said:

Toy show day! Some cool scores! 

*Revell '56 Delray, AMT '67 Comet Cyclone, MPC Beretta, Testor Boyd Alumicoupe (quickbuild), all opened, some started (primed) but very possibly complete and definitely enough to make SOMETHING out of: $15 for all four. 

Have now had a chance to inventory these four. 

The Aluma Coupe looks to be 100% complete and buildable. 

The Beretta is an AMT, not MPC. It's started and even painted but seems to be complete, or at least all the important stuff. Might even be able to save the paint (dark red), but if not, not a huge deal to strip. Might be fun to do this as a tribute to the dark red metallic Corsica I used to own. Might be fun to put it on a V8-powered RWD chassis, too. Not high on my build priority list. 

The '67 Comet is started, apparently as a pro touring. Chassis built, engine is in it with some kind of gonzo modern induction system. All stock body parts here including chrome and glass. Kit tires, but not the stock wheels (or any other kind). I bought it mainly to make a funny car out of the body, but it might actually deserve a better fate than that. Again, not high on my build list. 

Really hit the jackpot with the '56 Delray. Builder was apparently going for a Pro Street, and the box includes big slicks (and small front tires) mounted on shallow and deep American Torq-Thrusts (YAY!), most of a blown BBC from another kit, and a resin hood with a huge CI lump. All stock body parts and glass are here, and all interior pieces. It's got me thinking of replicating the "Ultimate Street Freak" I built on the old Revell kit back in 1969, possibly for the Replica group build now going on. VERY happy with this one! 

some recent arrivals. The 3 minis will be used to build my aunts ragtop and I needed the seats from one, the wheels from another and the top from the third. I think the laftovers will be used to build a modern take on the riley elf. Theres a pile more stuff from mac modellismo but I've not had a chance to get pics yet

DSC06748.JPG

DSC06749.JPG

DSC06738.JPG

DSC06741.JPG

DSC06742.JPG

DSC06743.JPG

DSC06744.JPG

DSC06745.JPG

DSC06747.JPG

10 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

some recent arrivals. The 3 minis will be used to build my aunts ragtop and I needed the seats from one, the wheels from another and the top from the third. I think the laftovers will be used to build a modern take on the riley elf. Theres a pile more stuff from mac modellismo but I've not had a chance to get pics yet

Nice scores!

Later-

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

The Beretta is an AMT, not MPC. It's started and even painted but seems to be complete, or at least all the important stuff. Might even be able to save the paint (dark red), but if not, not a huge deal to strip. Might be fun to do this as a tribute to the dark red metallic Corsica I used to own. Might be fun to put it on a V8-powered RWD chassis, too. Not high on my build priority list. 

The '67 Comet is started, apparently as a pro touring. Chassis built, engine is in it with some kind of gonzo modern induction system. All stock body parts here including chrome and glass. Kit tires, but not the stock wheels (or any other kind). I bought it mainly to make a funny car out of the body, but it might actually deserve a better fate than that. Again, not high on my build list. 

Really hit the jackpot with the '56 Delray. Builder was apparently going for a Pro Street, and the box includes big slicks (and small front tires) mounted on shallow and deep American Torq-Thrusts (YAY!), most of a blown BBC from another kit, and a resin hood with a huge CI lump. All stock body parts and glass are here, and all interior pieces. It's got me thinking of replicating the "Ultimate Street Freak" I built on the old Revell kit back in 1969, possibly for the Replica group build now going on. VERY happy with this one! 

Great find Snake.

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

The Beretta is an AMT, not MPC.

MPC did promo and kit but I don’t remember amt issue? Revell did prostreet one I think. 
Interested in AMT version info. Good finds Snake

Edited by keyser

3 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Welcome to the brotherhood of '60 Ford F-100 rescuers! Hope you can get it dismantled OK. What are your plans for it?

Thanks! This is the second one I've owned. The first was in a bit worse shape. I foolishly let it go a few years ago and regretted it. I bid on this one as soon as I saw it 

Not sure what my plans are for it. I kind of like the look of it as it is. I'll probably keep it as is for the moment until I get a few other projects finished. While I wait I'll formulate my plan. I like what Roger (Plowboy) did with one of his so I may use it for inspiration.

Later-

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...