Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

All of the AMT Toronados ('67, '68, '70) were re-boxed Jo-Hans.  Produced by Jo-Han in their plant, put into AMT boxes with AMT instruction sheets and decals.  (AMT kits had bagged unplated parts starting with '69 annuals.)

MPC had the promo contract for '67 only.  But they issued a '68 kit in addition to the '67.  For '67 and '68, whoever did the promo did the more accurate kit.

Jo-Han made kits every year '66 through '72, but did not sell a '67 or '68 in its own packaging.  Right now I'm not sure if they sold a '70 annual kit alongside the AMT boxing of same.  Both companies did sell '70 4-4-2 annual kits.

• Like 1

These two came yesterday. The Alfa is pretty cool, for an old Merit kit. I got it, shipped, for just under $15. In the "I'm slow, but I catch on" department, I picked up the AMT '61, because, I recently ran across some photos, and it dawned on me, just how pretty the lines are on this car! I had to have one...

DSC_0002cr.jpg

Grabbed another couple of Revell 29s from Hobby Lobby seeing as it’s 40%-off week.  I wonder if the supply of the 29s will start to dwindle now that the 30 is on the way?  

Building up my stocks, just in case…I’m not getting caught again if someone drops the tool or misplaces it or whatever happened the first time 🤪

Man, this kit’s got a lot of parts! 250 to be exact... Fujimi ‘84 Ferrari GTO. This is about as modern of a car as you’ll ever see me build, except for maybe a Viper. This one’s probably going to be sitting on the back burner for awhile though.

269247F9-E7D6-4364-84BD-39DA65BEDBE9.jpeg.89bb7a1915d55e28b2f9b00f0d1fb7c0.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Venom said:

Man, this kit’s got a lot of parts! 250 to be exact... Fujimi ‘84 Ferrari GTO. This is about as modern of a car as you’ll ever see me build, except for maybe a Viper. This one’s probably going to be sitting on the back burner for awhile though.

269247F9-E7D6-4364-84BD-39DA65BEDBE9.jpeg.89bb7a1915d55e28b2f9b00f0d1fb7c0.jpeg

I had one of these in the stash for quite a while, but I "re-homed" all of my Ferrari kits a few years ago when they went up in value. It's a really nice kit and I kinda wish I still had it.

15 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I picked up the AMT '61, because, I recently ran across some photos, and it dawned on me, just how pretty the lines are on this car! I had to have one...

Yes, they are attractive cars. I never bought this kit during all of its earlier Lindberg iterations, but I got one with this box art when HL discontinued the coupon and had all kits at 40% off for the first time. Not sure when it will be unwrapped, but it is sealed in the stash.

I went to Michaels today to buy an exacto knife handle and came home with this instead. I was surprised to see that they have a few new kits in, including the new tool Jag. I wish it was 1/25 scale! 😕 I thought they were getting out of models and model supplies.

9951077E-A8D5-4ED3-A097-381F14903D97.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

21 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

I went to Michaels today to buy an exacto knife handle and came home with this instead. I was surprised to see that they have a few new kits in, including the new tool Jag. I wish it was 1/25 scale! 😕 I thought they were getting out of models and model supplies.

The Michaels here in Canada have always had a horrible selection. But on Saturday I went to my local one, and they exactly two kits on the shelf. The Revell 2in1 Nova, and a snap helicopter.

Used to luck out every now and then. 

4 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Set of wheels/tires arrived on Friday. Decent shipping time. Ukraine to Canada, less than 2 weeks form the time of order.

Those look nice. I just checked out their website and it looks like everything is 1/24th scale. It would be nice if they listed the actual dimensions.

2 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Those look nice. I just checked out their website and it looks like everything is 1/24th scale. It would be nice if they listed the actual dimensions.

Yeah, I think they work exclusively with 1/24. Having said that, a wheel in 1/24 should be pretty darn close to a 1/25 wheel. 

Actual dimensions would be a good thing. Having said that, the back of the wheel can definitely be sanded down for width. And they wheels come with a couple of different styles of mounting options, which can also be adjusted. So it shouldn't be too hard to make one of their wheels fit pretty much anything.

Picked these up yesterday actually. I have never been a big user of CA, especially the super thin stuff. I had made a couple of applicators from a ground down needle eye and some sprue. I have to say, these work WAY better! I just might be Bob Smith’s newest fan…?👍

476B4F46-39E4-49FC-BD05-B96301EFD159.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

I bought a junkyard lot from ebay. There was a few 60 amt annual F100 bodies plus a customized 63 unibody and a couple willys gassers. I have a real nice 60 F100 body that had a cracked bed, one of the ones from the lot was chopped down and no roof so perfect for parts. 

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

Edited by wrenchr

1 hour ago, wrenchr said:

I bought a junkyard lot from ebay. There was a few 60 amt annual F100 bodies plus a customized 63 unibody and a couple willys gassers. I have a real nice 60 F100 body that had a cracked bed, one of the ones from the lot was chopped down and no roof so perfect for parts. 

67934797.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...