Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

10 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Cutting above means “cutting pad.” I hate that they took the feature away from us, so can make quick corrections to our post, like we use to be able to. I make enough mistakes, mainly missing word right above, that I could still use it. 

Never mind my little rant about not being able to not edition posts after the fact. I just found out what happens if you click on the three dots in the upper right corner of each post. You get an option to edit your posts. Good! As noted, I need it! 

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

” I hate that they took the feature away from us, so can make quick corrections to our post, like we use to be able to. I make enough mistakes, mainly missing word right above, that I could still use it. 

3 dots upper right. Tap. Edit is choice. Do overs rare in life. Enjoy

41MJ7N7pksL.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1

Internet pic. I am building this for the model room. May get another on for the garage too. I'm about half way through the build. I'm as far as the peg board. Still have to add the worktop and shelf underneath.  Has two drawers and a work light. Lotsa nuts and bolts of different sizes. Pay attention if you buy this and build it. I paid about 96 bux with free delivery and took two weeks to get it. 24 by 48 inch top surface.

Edited by lordairgtar

8 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

So far so good. A little spendy. Around $120 U.S. But, quality like most Tamiya products is top notch. The size and weight is right. The lamp and magnifying glass seemed to be very well thought out. Not in the way. But handy when one needs it. Over all, I’m both pleased and impressed. They have a cutting that you can buy separately, designed to fit the main work area. I have that on order, and according to tracking, should arrive in today’s mail. 

As anticipated, the cutting map came in today’s mail. 

24586945-9BE7-4499-972D-B38E133835DF.jpeg

B1200B0E-EB00-4D2A-8A4F-6F921C7C3230.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

So far so good. A little spendy. Around $120 U.S. But, quality like most Tamiya products is top notch. The size and weight is right. The lamp and magnifying glass seemed to be very well thought out. Not in the way. But handy when one needs it. Over all, I’m both pleased and impressed. They have a cutting that you can buy separately, designed to fit the main work area. I have that on order, and according to tracking, should arrive in today’s mail. 

Geez, it IS spendy…but I also kinda want one 😂

Thanks for the review!  

Edited by CabDriver

1 hour ago, CabDriver said:

Geez, it IS spendy…but I also kinda want one 😂

Thanks for the review!  

The more I look at it. And start to work with it. I think it’s worth the price. The bottle and brush holders. The recessed trough around the main work area. It’s all very well thought out. I’m glad I bought it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

41MJ7N7pksL.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1

Internet pic. I am building this for the model room. May get another on for the garage too. I'm about half way through the build. I'm as far as the peg board. Still have to add the worktop and shelf underneath.  Has two drawers and a work light. Lotsa nuts and bolts of different sizes. Pay attention if you buy this and build it. I paid about 96 bux with free delivery and took two weeks to get it. 24 by 48 inch top surface.

This is what I have for a model bench too. It's nice but I left off the bottom shelf so I would have room for my legs. I also added a 4 foot led light. It's pretty tall too, so I have an old adjustable stool I use to sit on. 

Local toy show day. My favorite glue bomb vendor didn't have much new today, but I did get a couple things. 

*Dirty but 100% complete 1/25 diecast '57 Chevy 2-door wagon ("West Coast Choppers"), $10. This is only the second one of these I've ever seen. Don't like the color (light blue with purple top), but I can repaint it. Will also have to replace the lowrider wheels/tires and get it up off the ground. 

ETA: WOW! Here's one on eBay new in the box someone thinks is worth $180! :blink: I think I done good! 

https://www.ebay.com/p/1924465675

*VERY cleanly built JoHan '64 Dodge street cruiser, with two hoods, scooped and unscooped, $25. I probably won't do much if anything to this one; the builder's at least as good as I am and he did a nice job with it; I'll be proud to have it on my shelf. Can't believe he'd sell such a nice model, and a semi-rare one too, so cheap. The big rear tires are sticking out in comical '70s style--I might see if I can get them located a bit more inboard. 

*Distressed Welly '71 Chevelle convertible diecast, slightly smaller than 1/25. Red with red/white interior (I already have a silver and black one). Part of the upper grille and the left corner of the front bumper are broken off and gone, so I'll have to fabricate these. I like to take on a challenge from time to time. Paid a grand total of $3 for it (wouldn't have paid a penny more). 

Edited by Snake45

2 hours ago, RSchnell said:

Picked these up at the swap meet earlier today. Was surprised that there were quite a few kits at reasonable prices amongst various vendors.

20211003_170304.jpg

Those Corvette kits are both nice! I got them both at a flea market. The ‘67 was built and just needed paint. The ‘60 is a bit finicky to put together, but builds up nicely! 👍

Today's deliveries. The Alumacoupe is because, after all these years, I've still never had one. This one is complete inside. The 60 Starliner is sealed inside. I'll be using the chassis, suspension and engine to upgrade an original AMT 60 Ford convertible that I got last week.

The tires and wheels are beautiful 3D printed wheels I got off of a FB site to use on a future 4x4 project. Still don't know if it will be Ford, Chevy or Dodge but it will be a 60's - 70's era body.

Later-20211004_212857.thumb.jpg.698937fa6c349a65a7a44b7b94285ae1.jpg

20211004_212850.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

On 10/1/2021 at 11:55 PM, CabDriver said:

Got one of my grails in the mail (hey, that rhymed!) today…managed to snag it for $16 on eBay.  These are semi-hard to find now, but it’s a welcome addition to my Boyd collection…

DAE9E329-B3F5-4BB2-AAD9-94397AC9FD5E.thumb.jpeg.ad9c80063fa3a4d51853a2cdfbf6f652.jpeg

You did well! I just sold my Screechasaurus Astro van for $29.99 plus shipping. It was a thick brick I knew I’d never build. I saw there was only one listed for over $100 in England, so I popped it on eBay!

Funny thing.. over 90 views, more than a dozen watchers and it sold at opening bid with a snipe bid in the last seconds!

Edited by Tom Geiger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

You did well! I just sold my Screechasaurus Astro van for $29.99 plus shipping. It was a thick brick I knew I’d never build. I saw there was only one listed for over $100 in England, so I popped it on eBay!

Funny thing.. over 90 views, more than a dozen watchers and it sold at asking price with a snipe bid in the last seconds!

On 10/2/2021 at 1:15 PM, keyser said:

3 dots upper right. Tap. Edit is choice. Do overs rare in life. Enjoy

Oh yea! I’m a frequent user! I’m seldom happy with my posts after I publish them! I always find a typo, something Spellcheck dropped on me or a better word!  

3 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I really haven't bought much since August..been quiet until the last week...these came over the last few days..

IMG-5694.jpg

You just reminded me, I have one of those Monogram Porsches molded in red I've been planning to get to and putting off for far too long. I hope that red plastic will take a nice polish.....B)

4 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

You just reminded me, I have one of those Monogram Porsches molded in red I've been planning to get to and putting off for far too long. I hope that red plastic will take a nice polish.....B)

I also have the red non-turbo version, got a few years ago along w/ a 911 in the same series.  Those Monogram small box curbsides are neat.

IMG-5697.jpg

5 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

And you can give multicolored spoon sets as Christmas presents!

I didn't know what I'd started when I sent that tip in to Scale Auto all those years ago, did I tom. 😉

I should be getting kickbacks from the plastic spoon companies. 💲💲💲

• Haha 2

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...