Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

15 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Today's deliveries. The Alumacoupe is because, after all these years, I've still never had one. This one is complete inside. The 60 Starliner is sealed inside. I'll be using the chassis, suspension and engine to upgrade an original AMT 60 Ford convertible that I got last week.

The tires and wheels are beautiful 3D printed wheels I got off of a FB site to use on a future 4x4 project. Still don't know if it will be Ford, Chevy or Dodge but it will be a 60's - 70's era body.

Later-20211004_212857.thumb.jpg.698937fa6c349a65a7a44b7b94285ae1.jpg

20211004_212850.jpg

hey there - I'll take that chrome tree from the Starliner off your hands if you're not going to use it??  Just bought a kit off ebay which was supposedly "complete" but there was no chrome in the box. 

Picked up one of these last week. 

Really disappointed in this one. Instead of the slim body and all the wheels of the same size, it has the flared fendered body and wider rear wheels same as in the '73 Carrera kit.

Also, the tree with the headlight bezels and door handles, etc. is plated in my older kit, not in this one though.

Porsche 911R Coupe `67 (Model Car) Package1

5 hours ago, radiohd10 said:

hey there - I'll take that chrome tree from the Starliner off your hands if you're not going to use it??  Just bought a kit off ebay which was supposedly "complete" but there was no chrome in the box. 

I'm not sure what I'll need off of it yet. But I will keep you in mind when I get a look at it this week.

Later-

18 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Picked up one of these last week. 

Really disappointed in this one. Instead of the slim body and all the wheels of the same size, it has the flared fendered body and wider rear wheels same as in the '73 Carrera kit.

Also, the tree with the headlight bezels and door handles, etc. is plated in my older kit, not in this one though.

Porsche 911R Coupe `67 (Model Car) Package1

I picked up this same kit yesterday before I saw your posting Steve and I too am disappointed as I had been on the hunt for the 911 R version for some time. While Fujimi’s reissuing of the earlier EM kits is very welcome, having picked up the Carrera RS ‘73 already, another one of my sought after kits, the R kit is a huge let down as even the box illustration shows a the proper version.

I do have the 911 S 1969 kit with the regular body and I was wondering if a kit bashing would yield a proper 911 R? Otherwise I’ll build the fake reissue into a Singer style version…

ACDB0EAE-E0D2-438F-93FB-E2CBE848F369.webp.2301996ffad03377c5dce86027d98e65.webp

The hunt still continues for the proper Fujimi kit as pictured below…

E6512402-959D-4F05-BAE0-F7309106EC1A.jpeg.0ff188b1ce3908704f5b45dcb10121dc.jpeg

Cheers Misha

On 10/5/2021 at 9:29 AM, Rob Hall said:

I really haven't bought much since August..been quiet until the last week...these came over the last few days..

IMG-5693.jpg

IMG-5694.jpg

IMG-5692.jpg

22 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I also have the red non-turbo version, got a few years ago along w/ a 911 in the same series.  Those Monogram small box curbsides are neat.

IMG-5697.jpg

Nice kits Rob, I always liked the 911..

8 hours ago, PatW said:

On it's way from the USA in shipping..

photo-th.jpg

Jimmy Flintstone 1954 Metro Van.

I built one of those a while ago ( pics around here somewhere ) my problem with it was I was doing a two tone at the belt line and the side trim was higher on one side than the other where it ended at the rear.

1 hour ago, Misha said:

I picked up this same kit yesterday before I saw your posting Steve and I too am disappointed as I had been on the hunt for the 911 R version for some time. While Fujimi’s reissuing of the earlier EM kits is very welcome, having picked up the Carrera RS ‘73 already, another one of my sought after kits, the R kit is a huge let down as even the box illustration shows a the proper version.

I do have the 911 S 1969 kit with the regular body and I was wondering if a kit bashing would yield a proper 911 R? Otherwise I’ll build the fake reissue into a Singer style version…

ACDB0EAE-E0D2-438F-93FB-E2CBE848F369.webp.2301996ffad03377c5dce86027d98e65.webp

The hunt still continues for the proper Fujimi kit as pictured below…

E6512402-959D-4F05-BAE0-F7309106EC1A.jpeg.0ff188b1ce3908704f5b45dcb10121dc.jpeg

Cheers Misha

There's one on e-bay in that box right now showing the contents. Looks like the same Carrera body and wheels. ,, As does all the pics on the side of the box of the actual kit.

Looks like the only way to get a correct R is to bash this one with the '69 911 as you said.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:16 AM, Tom Geiger said:

You did well! I just sold my Screechasaurus Astro van for $29.99 plus shipping. It was a thick brick I knew I’d never build. I saw there was only one listed for over $100 in England, so I popped it on eBay!

Funny thing.. over 90 views, more than a dozen watchers and it sold at opening bid with a snipe bid in the last seconds!

You would think it would have sold for more..

Todays arrivals,paid a high price for the Focus and of course another one pops up days later for a 1/3 of the price🤷‍♂️,the Pontiac promo already showed in the listing the windshield was busted off,but it was listed for a good price.🤠IMG_3061.thumb.JPG.75a42358c381b1c044f73f304b38f4d7.JPGIMG_3062.thumb.JPG.e31055eec2ab8154b9b3c6df40d42ce5.JPG

6 hours ago, cobraman said:

I built one of those a while ago ( pics around here somewhere ) my problem with it was I was doing a two tone at the belt line and the side trim was higher on one side than the other where it ended at the rear.

Thanks Ray I'll look out for that. Thanks for the heads up. Thanks for the photo's I see what you mean!

Edited by PatW

The local HS didn’t have the Novus polish, so I bought some Tamiya compounds instead. I hope they work OK? I have never polished anything before, so this will be a first for me. I also picked up some flexible sanding sticks. I’ve been making my own so far but was curious to see how long these last.

5B4EB24A-1094-483D-BA8F-14F7135B0E18.jpeg

On 10/3/2021 at 6:14 PM, Snake45 said:

Local toy show day.

*VERY cleanly built JoHan '64 Dodge street cruiser, with two hoods, scooped and unscooped, $25. I probably won't do much if anything to this one; the builder's at least as good as I am and he did a nice job with it; I'll be proud to have it on my shelf. Can't believe he'd sell such a nice model, and a semi-rare one too, so cheap. The big rear tires are sticking out in comical '70s style--I might see if I can get them located a bit more inboard. 

And here it is. Still trying to decide what to do with it. Only thing it really NEEDS is the Torq-Thrust spokes painted. Not wild about the rear tires sticking out so far (they're that wide--can't be tucked it), so I'm thinking about finding something that will JUST tuck into the body. Might even try to lower the rear a little to just a "rubber rake." Ideas/opinions welcome. 

64Dodge04.jpg.a408272b44820f19d87e4df5873dbe63.jpg

64Dodge06.jpg.f4d4b928e1a7c8ae87f532d7bec08918.jpg

64Dodge09.jpg.a1a0263fbf19ec1d7f10bf80d60d8f47.jpg

12 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

And here it is. Still trying to decide what to do with it. Only thing it really NEEDS is the Torq-Thrust spokes painted. Not wild about the rear tires sticking out so far (they're that wide--can't be tucked it), so I'm thinking about finding something that will JUST tuck into the body. Might even try to lower the rear a little to just a "rubber rake." Ideas/opinions welcome. 

64Dodge09.jpg.a1a0263fbf19ec1d7f10bf80d60d8f47.jpg

I like your idea of a tire change that would be more appropriate for this car. I'm sure your parts box has something that fits.

Got these today from Spain. Rangoon Red is for 64 Galaxie. Not sure what other paints are for yet, but, I'll use them on something. Never used Gravity paints so hopefully it will be a positive endeavor.

20211008_115158.jpg

Edited by P51Mustang
Photo add

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

And here it is. Still trying to decide what to do with it. Only thing it really NEEDS is the Torq-Thrust spokes painted. Not wild about the rear tires sticking out so far (they're that wide--can't be tucked it), so I'm thinking about finding something that will JUST tuck into the body. Might even try to lower the rear a little to just a "rubber rake." Ideas/opinions welcome. 64Dodge06.jpg.f4d4b928e1a7c8ae87f532d7bec08918.jpg

I agree-slightly smaller rear tires and lowered just a bit, but first I would think about raising that front end about 1/4-1/2 inch.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...