Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

This came Saturday:
1230301986_abmodelkit.thumb.jpg.64dcf3d356a71fb3c014079ddf7797d5.jpg

These came a few days prior, a day apart. Older Iwata HP-SB in front and the new Iwata Eclipse Takumi SBS in back. The HP-SB has never been used, the Takumi I bought new.

843221200_takumisb.thumb.jpg.6f80a25fa407e6e8a30973c3ea47adc9.jpg

Edited by DPNM

2 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

At our club show Saturday I found these.

The Bigfoot pile is just parts, the C-10 is the step side. Both boxes were something I didn't want to keep in my house, but they were also only $5 each!!

IMG_20211011_201405814.jpg

That's a steal for that GMC stepside, especially in unbuilt condition.

8 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Not to hijack your hijack, but here's my yong? to "yous guys" yin and yang: (Alright, I'll shut up now)😉

20211011_224219.jpg

20211011_224204.jpg

Nice Mopar sir!

24 minutes ago, Robberbaron said:

That's a steal for that GMC stepside, especially in unbuilt condition.

Those GMC are very expensive check eBay ..

Jim, as with your H & S brushes, these two Iwatas are just over the top in a good way. Me being something of an airbrush hoarder the top picture of your post fascinates me.  Please share who makes it and where you purchased it from.    

Edited by Bill Eh?
clarity

8 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

I noticed with the C-10 the styrene is soft and bendy. When did they start changing the plastic composition? I didn't think it was that long ago.

In the late '80s-early '90s, Ertl was using plastic that was very rubbery. It was difficult to work with. You may have an issue, from that era?

5 hours ago, slusher said:

Nice Mopar sir!

Thanks, not too bad for being about 31 years old.  That's right about the time I'd gotten my skills good enough for the final product to USUALLY match the vision in my head.

I was happy enough with it to buy a Johan display case, which allowed it to pretty much remain intact all this time.

I clearly remember the body was short-shot, so I had to sculpt the forward edge of the fender from 2-part putty.  The chrome on the front bumper was also bad, so I masked it off and shot it with Testors "chrome".  Good ol' Johan quality control!

9 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

Jim, as with your H & S brushes, these two Iwatas are just over the top in a good way. Me being something of an airbrush hoarder the top picture of your post fascinates me.  Please share who makes it and where you purchased it from.    

Thank you Bill.

I've read on the forum where the Paasche H is the best airbrush ever invented. I'm thinking these two should do at least a decent job. LOL

I got my Arkhitect Airbrush model kit from a US eBay seller in California. He had 3, I bought the last one he had. Not sure if he restocked yet.

Since you are in Canada I'd recommend Maple Airbrush Supply. I know Donna either has them in stock or they are coming.

There is also this thread on the forum:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/164966-is-it-me/

Edited by DPNM

50 minutes ago, keyser said:

I’m trying to figure out when critical Cobra mass will be achieved. 🤣😎

You do have a Renwal Mercer, which was a Cobra underneath? And the Willment Cobra, which was a Fiat 8V body on a cobra, right? 
lol. More torment for you. 
https://www.thegentlemanracer.com/2013/01/the-other-cobras.html?m=1

And, I believe the Car Craft Dream Rod/MPC Tiger Shark is based on a Cobra chassis with a VW front end. 

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

And, I believe the Car Craft Dream Rod/MPC Tiger Shark is based on a Cobra chassis with a VW front end. 

The Dream Rod/Tiger Shark was built on a Jowett Jupiter chassis with the VW front end. Was locally owned and I had a chance to see it before it went to Minnesota were it was restored to the original Dream Rod configuration by Mark Moriarity. It was quite a mess and would have been a real challenge to restore the Tiger Shark version much less back date it to the Dream Rod.

Edited by Phirewriter

44 minutes ago, Phirewriter said:

The Dream Rod/Tiger Shark was built on a Jowett Jupiter chassis with the VW front end. Was locally owned and I had a chance to see it before it went to Minnesota were it was restored to the original Dream Rod configuration by Mark Moriarity. It was quite a mess and would have been a real challenge to restore the Tiger Shark version much less back date it to the Dream Rod.

Huh. I've been misinformed in some way. 

16 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got this Cobra kit today . Bought it on the bay . Very good BIN so I  grabbed it . Says complete and it looks to be . No paint and just the engine block glued together . Wheels stuck in tires but not glued . 

420590D2-2CEF-45D9-AB2E-4578CD12E61A.jpeg

I have one and I wish someone made better rims and tires for this kit. Might have to raid some Japanese kits for that. 

And oh yeah, the lack of a chin scoop opening is rather odd. 

Flea Market Day! Found this lurking in a box of common kits and stuff I already have.  There may even be enough parts in the stash to make this a stocker.  I think I have a Tempest body with some glue-bombing where side exhausts were welded on...

beswick-1.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...