Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, The Junkman said:

OK, now I'm looking for hidden cameras.

I bought a resin convertible boot on "Da Bay" a while back because I thought it was cool and I had a use for it. I unpacked it and put it in the resin drawer and found that I had three others already in there that I don't remember buying.

A couple of Revell parts pack engines and a baggie of hot rod cycle fenders followed me home from Spirit of Speed last weekend. Engines were the 421 Pontiac, and 354 Caddy. I'm sure these will find their way into a couple of hotrods. Not sure where the cycle fenders came from, but it's a design element I like so I'll find some way to use them. 

I picked up a Mercedes 300 SLR kit at the SoCal Open. That is likely to be my next car project. Going to do that in Fangio's number for the Mille Miglia race. 

I have to admit that I like shopping model car shows a lot better. It's not all armor and aircraft. 

9 hours ago, Rodent said:

I bought a resin convertible boot on "Da Bay" a while back because I thought it was cool and I had a use for it. I unpacked it and put it in the resin drawer and found that I had three others already in there that I don't remember buying.

One of the benefits of getting older.  Every time I open a box, I find models and parts I swear I've never seen before.  Like Christmas morning!  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The last pic looks like someone's parts box buggy made from random parts put together...looks like maybe a Corvair engine?   Not sure about the origin of the Thunderbird.  '56?   I don't think it's the Monogram...I do see on Scalemates that Premier and Korris Kars made them in 1/25th, never seen one though.

Edited by Rob Hall

16 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

The last pic looks like someone's parts box buggy made from random parts put together...looks like maybe a Corvair engine?   Not sure about the origin of the Thunderbird.  '56?   I don't think it's the Monogram...I do see on Scalemates that Premier and Korris Kars made them in 1/25th, never seen one though.

Sorry I should have given a little more detail on the Thunderbird. It has “Ideal” and “Made in Hong Kong “ on the bottom of it. Also it is way smaller than 1/25 scale

That body and the cart looking thing were both in the Duster box.

Edited by Keef

8 minutes ago, Keef said:

Sorry I should have given a little more detail on the Thunderbird. It has “Ideal” and “Made in Hong Kong “ on the bottom of it. Also it is way smaller than 1/25 scale  

Ah.  Interesting. Ideal is an old toy company.  Made all sorts of stuff.  

On 10/13/2021 at 10:17 AM, Daddyfink said:

I have one and I wish someone made better rims and tires for this kit. Might have to raid some Japanese kits for that. 

And oh yeah, the lack of a chin scoop opening is rather odd. 

How about this, Jesse?

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 10:30 AM, Mike999 said:

Flea Market Day! Found this lurking in a box of common kits and stuff I already have.  There may even be enough parts in the stash to make this a stocker.  I think I have a Tempest body with some glue-bombing where side exhausts were welded on...

beswick-1.jpg

Real nice find, Mike.  I always enjoy seeing you model discoverys brother..

• Like 1

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...