Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just got a SMH resin '65 Chevelle AWB funny car I ordered last week off eBay (I'm a sucker for the words "Last one").  Looks pretty clean, and it includes hood, front and rear bumpers/grille, separate taillights, interior tub, dashboard, and front axle--looks like everything needed to put it on the more common '65 Nova AWB chassis. Not a bad deal for a price not much over MSRP of a new kit, and probably less than a glue bomb of an original on eBay. 

On 10/20/2021 at 6:04 PM, RSchnell said:

These are great kits! Was unaware they made a wrecker kit. I've got these two in stash waiting on me to get to them.  I plan on getting the rest of the Model AA's/Gaz AA's to finish out the set.

s-l640.jpg

The link below will take you to a VERY detailed build of the "Werkstattkraftwagen" by the awesome modeller Panzerserra.  It includes a history of the Russian GAZ 03-30 bus and photos of them being built.

He agrees with Der Experten on the military modelling sites:  Minicraft put too much stuff on top of the bus. That roof rack is holding a pair of 200-liter fuel drums, jerry cans, a spare wheel/tire etc.  The roof of the bus was made of wood covered with painted canvas, not metal. So it probably wouldn't have supported that much weight.

https://panzerserra.blogspot.com/2020/11/gaz-03-30-1938-4x2-werkstattkraftwagen.html

On 10/27/2021 at 10:09 PM, ManiacModeler said:

Here's today's haul:

Resin casting kit 

Krylon rose gold spray paint 

Testors brass Metalizer paint 

2 pair forceps 

Testors thinner 

Extreme power thin CA glue 

Pocket razor knife 

Hobby tools cutting mat 

12 pc needle files 

Helping hands magnifying glass

13551.jpeg

I got one of those cutting mats. Perfect. Size..

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

How much did you pay? Mine was $13.99 plus tax so about $15.

I think I see what happened. You typed your price was "not $13.99." I think maybe you meant "now $13.99." That makes sense. Mine was $12.79 or $12.99 and I couldn't imagine that yours would be cheaper in NY, unless you found some that hadn't been repriced yet. B)

37 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I think I see what happened. You typed your price was "not $13.99." I think maybe you meant "now $13.99." That makes sense. Mine was $12.79 or $12.99 and I couldn't imagine that yours would be cheaper in NY, unless you found some that hadn't been repriced yet. B)

advance auto has been marking some down to $5.99 a can, at least around me. I have bought some. clearance mark downs.  

Edited by wrenchr

A couple of recent eBay purchases:

1:24 Tamiya Nissan Fairlady 240ZG kit

Really pleased to get one of these, the level of detail is fantastic. Lots of separate and remarkably delicate mouldings and I can see how they could spin-off different versions in the future. They could use the Skyline GT-R's engine to create a Z432R, but in the meantime it's great to have a nicely rendered version of the classic L24 straight-six (there's a 1:1 version of that in the bonnet of the car it's sitting on here).

The G-nose isn't my favourite style, I think fatter wheels would justify the arches and balance out the looks.

Haven't yet compared it to the Hasegawa kits I have, which until now were probably the best Z kit available at 1:24, but it was amusing to hold it up against the old Monogram 280Z. That being said, I'm still fond of the latter and it's fine for a quick, fun Z build. This Tamiya kit will be a more thorough undertaking......

1:24 Hasegawa Isuzu Gemini Irmscher kit

Also couldn't resist this one. Seems like an unusual subject for them to have done, but I presume it's well-regarded at home and it's always good to have something obscure on the stash (and hopefully on the display shelf, one day).

Another candidate for a wheel swap however!

• Thanks 1

Just picked this up from the post office. Bit the bullet and got it via ebay from Germany, after inquiring in hobby shops in Belgium and Austria, which claimed they could not even order it directly from Revell. Strange things are going on with this kit, but now I finally have it 😀

95F5D25D-F358-4F84-9345-1BE2FDCA8A72.thumb.jpeg.34cb6c9784f97e4f48f1ed5590aec749.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/28/2021 at 5:53 PM, Mike999 said:

The link below will take you to a VERY detailed build of the "Werkstattkraftwagen" by the awesome modeller Panzerserra.  It includes a history of the Russian GAZ 03-30 bus and photos of them being built.

He agrees with Der Experten on the military modelling sites:  Minicraft put too much stuff on top of the bus. That roof rack is holding a pair of 200-liter fuel drums, jerry cans, a spare wheel/tire etc.  The roof of the bus was made of wood covered with painted canvas, not metal. So it probably wouldn't have supported that much weight.

https://panzerserra.blogspot.com/2020/11/gaz-03-30-1938-4x2-werkstattkraftwagen.html

It's a pity they don't make these in either 1/24 or 1/25 as they look very interesting to build!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

Very nice A&N model trucks there the best in the business !

Yes they are and the amount of details in them is astounding. They make Italeri, Revell and AMT kits look like beginner kits.

I only hope i can make them justice when i build them.

Just by feeling the boxes they are going to be heavy because everything is resin. I am waiting for a few other parts (tires, rims and other small parts) so i get everything needed to complete them when i start building them.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...