Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

58 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Very cool, we'll be expecting some GREAT projects from you soon! Model on! B)

I assume you're refering to my post, Snake.

Yea, I have a mild custom '61 T-bird hardtop in the works. A simple curbside.

And planning a '64 Parisienne mild custom. A little more involved. Impala roof and cowl swap on a '64 Grand Prix body plus the impala engine and chassis. 

Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you on that other thing yet. 

Came today. Thayer & Chandler model AA Elite. These were produced shortly before T&C closed their doors. It does have Thayer & Chandler Chicago in the shell so this is an early model. The later ones had flats for a wrench on the head assembly (like Badger) and no T&C engraving. Will need some TLC. Has paint dried in it. The trigger wouldn't depress. Took it apart, lo and behold, no spring?!? I made one, will find a T&C spring at some point. The divider in the top of the box is missing. I can make one. Also missing most of the original parts. I believe it is the wrong hanger.  The other parts shown are not for it except the 1/4" NPT adapter perhaps. A hose goes in the smaller section. I have a lot of spare hoses, I need to see if I have one that will be somewhat period correct. I also need to find some foam for the upper section. I wanted it because it is pretty much a T&C B cup. I like the trigger stop too which it comes with.

1676920694_aaelite01.thumb.jpg.e5fbfaa575f82bc6560e180be32f87e0.jpg
878222402_aaelite02.thumb.jpg.3d8f5507b553b46a5729afc7835deec2.jpg

This one also came today. Thayer & Chandler model A.  Got it fairly cheap. I needed the spare head assembly for another T&C model A I have. I believe this case predates the clam-shell type of my other one. This has dried paint in it also. Will be cleaning it then testing both model As.
1102891147_oldesta.thumb.jpg.abc90642828b96318b52e06bc061941e.jpg

I do have one more coming. Hope to see it before the end of the week. After that one I need to stop buying for a while. Or start selling some of my duplicates:rolleyes:.

Edited by DPNM

2 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

How much and how long did it take them?

with shipping, it was about the price of 2 regular kits. It took 6 to 8 weeks. I don't remember exactly what day I mailed it bit it was over the holidays and I'm in Canada so both make it take a bit longer.

Be warned though, Dale tells everyone new customers may have a bit longer wait as regular customers have priority.

On 1/18/2022 at 5:45 PM, Can-Con said:

with shipping, it was about the price of 2 regular kits. It took 6 to 8 weeks. I don't remember exactly what day I mailed it bit it was over the holidays and I'm in Canada so both make it take a bit longer.

Be warned though, Dale tells everyone new customers may have a bit longer wait as regular customers have priority.

Beautiful  chrome, Steve..

Took a chance and got a bunch of Monogram 34 Ford parts off ebay,it looked better in the pictures but was able to get two stock hoods and two stock windshield frames along two frames with bumper brackets after I glue them back on.  I was hoping to get more stock interior parts but most were ZZTop versions but I will make do with what I got and continue to look for more parts.  After the V12 hotrod I would like to build a 4 cylinder version.

Got a few bits today - hit Hobby Lobby to see if they had any new kits - they had that Hot Wheels Camaro but nothing much else that grabbed me - found some Model Master BMF-alike in the clearance aisle though!

0610852A-F414-47E5-AC89-322EBCF5CBC8.thumb.jpeg.15d9144cc1000a664da7e90732a9c4af.jpeg

Got an order of RB Motion rod ends through too - I think the ones I picked up are a little too small but I didn’t study them closely yet…

Oh, and picked up some Satin clear and some of HL’s polishing sponges to try 

I'm trying not to add too much to the stash this year, but......

IMG_8465.JPG.5f1c86f221ac5a6c1ed96810d081f121.JPG

This incomplete Mini in a tatty box (but with extra bits and bobs) seemed like good value at a Buy It Now of £11-odd posted. I already have one which I plan to do as a '70s custom, it'll be handy to have a spare bodyshell in case that doesn't go well. Wheels will also be of use on other projects, and if the original one does work out OK there's enough of this new one to build it as a short oval/grasstrack racer. An extra couple of pots of Revell enamel will be handy too.

IMG_8469.JPG.69611ec1863b102c7e04871f286ca92a.JPG

I want to merge this with my MPC California Sunshine Datsun truck to create one standard-ish version and a more radical, late '70s stepside custom. I suppose I could have got the recent reissue, but I like having older boxes and artwork in the stash.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...