Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 3/2/2022 at 10:01 PM, chris chabre said:

got my Vette and Cobra survivors today. I wanted the Custom vette, but the drag vettes are cool too. Silver one has a hemi amd webers, red 9ne has a blower motor and tilt front end.. the Cobra has halibrands.

all I've done so far is wash the custom vette and replace the tires with AMT parts pack twin pins

I have a set of unmelted wheels on the way as well. the goal is to preserve the build exactly how it is

20220302_160712.jpg

20220302_172549.jpg

20220302_172626.jpg

20220302_172706.jpg

20220302_172734.jpg

That's a cool old survivor! I'm very interested to see what you do with it. Model on! B)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Stopped into the Detroit Auto Rama today. After walking around for almost 10 hours  I came out with a couple of prints for the wall and 4 kits. The new stock Nova from Moebius,  reissue AMT Nova wagon, reissue  S10  and the 30 Ford coupe, 

Almost 15K steps for me in there yesterday. Bought the gasser even though I have one on order and when I got home the one from Model Roundup was on the porch. :) Also picked up a Johan AMC Rebel machine. That was a bucket list kit for me.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

That's a cool old survivor! I'm very interested to see what you do with it. Model on! B)

I did a wheel and tire swap but thats probably gonna be it for the foreseeable future. Im honestly enjoying just having it. I would like to polish the paint to bring some shine back. I tagged you in my 62 Fairlane Im messing with

On 3/3/2022 at 4:18 PM, PatW said:

Not new but bought before I signed up here, but I'm ready to build.

photo-vi.jpg

Yet another rally car I saw on the stages as a marshal in the day!

Thats the good thing, Pat most of the time we get around too them..

2 hours ago, catpack68 said:

This weeks haul from the mailman.The Salvinos Petty Charger has the vinyl wrap instead of decals and the California Street Vette is one of those bucket list models for me😆

CE412339-DC75-4C69-A557-D8328D09BDC0.jpeg

Great score especially the California Corvette!!

• Like 1

My ebay score arrived today. I have a project in  mind for the Prowler trailer, since I'm enjoying the '55 Cameo build I couldn't resist the price for another, and I took advantage of a great offer along with combined shipping to snag the Corvette.

DSCN0032.JPG

• Like 2

On 3/5/2022 at 4:06 AM, 1930fordpickup said:

Stopped into the Detroit Auto Rama today. After walking around for almost 10 hours  I came out with a couple of prints for the wall and 4 kits. The new stock Nova from Moebius,  reissue AMT Nova wagon, reissue  S10  and the 30 Ford coupe, 

I should have went.... I'm only???... 15 or 20 minutes away from there.. Too lazy to go I guess..

20 hours ago, keyser said:

Does that later issue Cameo have the corrected cab windowsill? 
Original 55 had rear sloping sill. 57 Stepsides had correct cab but unsure of stockers. 
Nice haul. 

There is only one cab, so once it was corrected all kits produced after that will have the corrected one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Little Timmy said:

20220305_185231.jpg

Got this yesterday, from of all places, wal-mart. $24.95

My Walmart never had models before, so I was "shocked" to see them there. Had my wife not been with me, I would have bought all four that were there ! 

That’s a good deal!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...