Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and got the White Freightliner, '34 Ford Pickup, and '90 Mustang LX 5.0 Drag Racer along with a bottle of Createx Pearl Silver for a different upcoming build. Then I went to Rider's in Flint for a can of Tamiya Pure White, a bottle of Tamiya XF-28 Dark Copper and X-34 Metallic Brown, a bottle of Mission Aluminum, and a sheet of BMF Chrome. A couple of separate ebay purchases brought in the '69 Hurst/Olds and '69 Olds 442, and Madworks airbrush. And finally, since the first one has worked really well for me, despite bending the needle and losing the needle locking nut down the sink drain, I bought two more cheap Gothobby airbrushes from Amazon. One of those will be used for Lacquers when I finally start tinkering with them in the shed this summer.

DSCN0062.JPG

DSCN0072.JPG

DSCN0075.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and got the White Freightliner, '34 Ford Pickup, and '90 Mustang LX 5.0 Drag Racer along with a bottle of Createx Pearl Silver for a different upcoming build. Then I went to Rider's in Flint for a can of Tamiya Pure White, a bottle of Tamiya XF-28 Dark Copper and X-34 Metallic Brown, a bottle of Mission Aluminum, and a sheet of BMF Chrome. A couple of separate ebay purchases brought in the '69 Hurst/Olds and '69 Olds 442, and Madworks airbrush. And finally, since the first one has worked really well for me, despite bending the needle and losing the needle locking nut down the sink drain, I bought two more cheap Gothobby airbrushes from Amazon. One of those will be used for Lacquers when I finally start tinkering with them in the shed this summer.

DSCN0062.JPG

DSCN0072.JPG

DSCN0075.JPG

Great haul!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I got a set of non-tapered round micro files. They're diamond coated, and the don't "pull" when using them to fishmouth the ends of small rod and tube. I think I am going to like these!

I have been using a single small-diameter, round tapered file for the same purpose. Would you please post a picture or the name pf the product that you purchased.

6 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

I have been using a single small-diameter, round tapered file for the same purpose. Would you please post a picture or the name pf the product that you purchased.

Here you go, Bill! I've been using the same as you. Like I said, these don't seem to deviate, like standard files. I think they're going to prove a valuable investment!

Here's the link I used. You might be able to find a supplier in The Great White North, to save you some shipping cost.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333842941936

DSC_0002bcr.jpg

DSC_0002cr.jpg

DSC_0003cr.jpg

DSC_0004cr.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Here you go, Bill! I've been using the same as you. Like I said, these don't seem to deviate, like standard files. I think they're going to prove a valuable investment!

Here's the link I used. You might be able to find a supplier in The Great White North, to save you some shipping cost.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333842941936

DSC_0002bcr.jpg

DSC_0002cr.jpg

DSC_0003cr.jpg

DSC_0004cr.jpg

Daniel, thank you very much for the pictures and link. Sadly, that particular seller does not ship to the Great Frozen North! LOL I eventually found the set on Amazon.ca and just made the purchase. There were a couple of other sellers at a higher price point. Expensive, yes. Are good tools worth the investment? I think so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A 1965 Dodge 880 Convertible that I got from E Bay has arrived this morning in the mail. It'll make a great companion for the 1965 Dodge Monaco 2 Dr. that I got last year. Now I have no more display room but that's OK. I have all the vintage model cars than I've yearned for. 😁

Edited by John M.

I found this display cabinet at a thrift shop today for a good price. I managed to squeeze it into the back of the wife’s Jeep and bring it home. It has three glass shelves, and I could easily add four more. I just had to replace the 40 watt bulbs that were in it with some LEDs, since the fixtures are only rated for 25 watts.

B4042BE5-49E8-4939-9093-D5320BC18FD4.jpeg

C4A62904-EE74-42A7-9ED3-339C9C521FA4.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

I found this display cabinet at a thrift shop today for a good price. I managed to squeeze it into the back of the wife’s Jeep and bring it home. It has three glass shelves, and I could easily add four more. I just had to replace the 40 watt bulbs that were in it with some LEDs, since the fixtures are only rated for 25 watts.

B4042BE5-49E8-4939-9093-D5320BC18FD4.jpeg

C4A62904-EE74-42A7-9ED3-339C9C521FA4.jpeg

Great cabinet , Greg!

My nephew (an adult) just got this neat old 1/8 scale kit as a birthday present. 
I had one as a kid back in the 60s, and I know it’s been reissued several times over the years.

Does anybody know any specific background info on this kit? We’re trying to figure out how old it is. As you can see from the pix, the tires  are white plastic, the body is molded in a “sparkle” red plastic.

thanks, in advance, for your help.

10534515-5A0D-400A-9B80-FB14D2C2F7CF.jpeg

3A875CD3-6FA5-4679-8591-2368F89BDD4E.jpeg

2DA72417-3F82-48D7-A5AC-43DE274AF2F4.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...