Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

4 hours ago, keyser said:

Cool. Looks like an AMT 65-66 2+2 with the custom parts from the AMT 65 convertible that are similar to Mustang 2 showcar. Front wheels from same place. Cammer looks AMT, has weird breather I’ve seen in pile here. 
Doesn’t look long wheelbase but hard to tell...

Quite a mix there... looks like the mill and headers were sourced from the '68 mustang kit. Not sure of blower and cap.

First garage sale of season good for me too. Lots of car/truck stuff for sale that I didn't need; sometimes when you don't see what you want... ask!  :lol:

... convinced him he didn't need that box of old builds in his basement. Nice bonus to find there were 4 or 5 '64 annuals in the mix but bit my tongue and got the works quite reasonable.

Edited by mk11

16 hours ago, HomerS said:

From an online auction, the pics of the lot were close to being satellite imagery but this one caught my eye (there was another one that did moreso, but still unpacking all of them and matching the bucket of parts together with the cars....will post another time).

I've not been able to find this from various on-line searches.......(found the hood for it!)

Mustang Wheelstander back.jpg

Here's the one that had my undivided attention......70 Javelin.  It has the street interior and home made plates over the headlights/tail lights.  Need to find a stock dash as I want to turn this back into the street version.  Not really a Ford guy but as I obsessed about the Javelin for the week long action, some of the other builds came into view.  All are complete, just dusty (the ones photographed from behind was due to being tired of trying to get the front end to stay on for a quick pic).  I was hoping the 67 Galaxie convertible was in decent shape.  Complete and the windshield posts are in tact.

70 JoHan AMX.jpg

68 Ford Galaxie.jpg

67 Galaxie conv.jpg

68 Ford Fairlane.jpg

First gen cougar.jpg

Edited by HomerS
  • Like 4

On 4/17/2022 at 11:39 AM, 89AKurt said:

I'm taking one of his transmits to the Desert Scale Classic swap meet next weekend.  I looked at his website, didn't see it listed.

Which one? His resin offerings change from time to time.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 11:11 AM, HomerS said:

Here's the one that had my undivided attention......70 Javelin.  It has the street interior and home made plates over the headlights/tail lights.  Need to find a stock dash as I want to turn this back into the street version.  Not really a Ford guy but as I obsessed about the Javelin for the week long action, some of the other builds came into view.  All are complete, just dusty (the ones photographed from behind was due to being tired of trying to get the front end to stay on for a quick pic).  I was hoping the 67 Galaxie convertible was in decent shape.  Complete and the windshield posts are in tact.

70 JoHan AMX.jpg

68 Ford Galaxie.jpg

67 Galaxie conv.jpg

68 Ford Fairlane.jpg

First gen cougar.jpg

You made a killer score!

Got a call tonight, from a member of the antique auto club that I have been a member in, off and on since around 1990.  He owns a Ferrari 308 GTB, got it when they were cheap.  "You still do models?"  I said yes, but haven't been building lately.  "I'm getting too old to build, thought you would be interested in some kits."  So he named off what he had, starting with what I already have, then he said I would be interested in this, guess which one?  He doesn't do internet, so I looked at stupidBay and told him what the Otaki asking prices are (people are higher than a kite!).  He sold me all these for much less than what those bozos want for the Countach.  Just in time for the Desert Scale Classic this weekend. 😁

IMG_3732.jpg

• Like 4

Sealed 1969 release of Revell's 1/8 scale Harley police bike. I got interested in these large scale bike kits while doing my "Then Came Bronson " custom Sportster a few years back.

One thing I've learned about these big Revell bikes is that the tires sometimes shrink so badly as to be unusable. I'm just about to open it up to see what they look like.

Revell - Scale 1/8 - Harley Davidson Police Bike H-1227 ...

Here's a link to the Bronson Sportster build, in case anybody's interested.

• Like 4

On 4/20/2022 at 8:29 AM, SfanGoch said:

Picked up this minty and complete Revell 1962 Imperial Crown for what amounts to chump change ($69.99 :D )

1237209517_62imperialcrownbox.jpg.5258b85396794d96d7df9d7a3a235f81.jpg

1468396960_62imperialcrownkit.jpg.c9a73baec69ecccf0bf06185e48ecb23.jpg

Four Revell '62 Mopars down and two to go (Valiant v-200 and Chrysler Newport convertible) to complete the series.

So is this for the collection or are you actually going to build something for a change LOL!

Last week's birthday money purchases have started arriving:

IMG_9050.JPG.67461b30a70464e9855e42dd67b5e5cc.JPG

I really like the Toyota Chaser/Mark II/Cressida family of cars (a direct competitor to my 1:1 Datsun Laurel). I have a couple of the Aoshima coupes and was pleased to add this 4-door to the stash. I doubt I'll build it with the skirts and spoilers, but they'll be handy for something else.

IMG_9051.JPG.a7388abb966a9de72a9df29b56c84300.JPG

Separate purchases, both cheap as they're slightly incomplete but there's nothing missing that's of concern to me. I'd like to build a stock-looking version of the Dodge and the Corvette will be an engine donor. The retouched photo of the Corvette is terrible, they're just slapped a solid blue colour on it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

For a change?!? I don't obtain kits of any type with the intention of stockpiling them in a closet. Don't assume because I don't post WIPs or finished projects that this infers I don't build.

Yeah it would be a change from discussion and commentary!!

You did mention something about trying to complete a series, so I thought you might be collecting.

If I may ask, what stops you from posting a build, you have been a member here for 8 years and ive yet to see a car build (wip or complete) from you.

I thought one of the reasons for participaiting here was to discuss and share our builds, and of course also discuss all other aspects of the model car hobby.

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...