Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

26 minutes ago, Cool Hand said:

If may ask, what stops you from posting a build, you have been a member here for 8 years and ive yet to see a car build (wip or complete) from you.

If I could, I would. A Win 10 update back in late 2019-early 2020 permanently stopped my Canon 300D from being recognized as a device on my laptop and is no longer compatible. I can't use the laptop card slot because the camera card is too big to fit the slot. That's why I copied and pasted the pics of the Imperial Crown from the item listing. I'll get a card adapter one day; right now, I have other more pressing priorities. I hope that is a satisfactory answer to your question. And no, I can't take pics with my cell phone because I don't own one. I don't need one.

Re any WIPs, you missed them. I've completed a number of car kits, including five WIPs (3 in 1 thread) I posted:

A heavily reworked and accurate Trumpeter 1960 Pontiac Bonneville Sports Coupe

A JoHan 168 Plymouth Pursuit police car as a NYPD RMP with a redone interior and chassis using the undercarriage from a Revell '67 GTX

A Lindberg 1953 Ford Victoria converted into a 1952 Club Coupe as used by the NYPD

A restoration of a partially destroyed JoHan '60 Desoto Adventurer

A Revell '59 Impala HT with functioning doors, hood and trunk. The body of the '60 Impala which I was working on, included in the WIP for the Bonneville and '59 Impala, is dead. The body was accidentally crushed and was FUBAR'ed beyond hope. I don't feel like laying out triple digits to grab one from ebay. :D

A Protar Ferrari 250 GTO

I've also completed others over the past two years, including the following:

A resin '67 Plymouth Fury III 2Dr Hardtop w/ a Revell '67 GTX donor chassis

Revell 1962 Plymoth Fury 4Dr HT, a '62 Dodge Dart 2Dr HT, all fitted with the more accurate '64 Mopar chassis and the '62 Lancer GT

2 JoHan '62 Plymouth Fury convertibles w/ Lindberg '64 Mopar donor chassis

A JoHan '62 Dodge Dart convertible also with the more accurate Lindberg '64 Mopar donor chassis

A JoHan '64 Cadillac DeVille with a modified Monogram '59 Eldorado chassis and accurate scratchbuilt front and rear suspension

The list doesn't include three Dragon and four RFM Tiger I's, an RFM Sturmtiger w/full interior, two Meng Kingtigers w/ full interiors, a Meng Jagdpanther G1, also with full interior, a Modelcollect 1/72 B-52G Early type BUFF, an AMtech 1/72 EC-135N ARIA/ ALOTS "Snoopy", a Valom 1/72 RB-57F, a Valom 1/72 RB-45C Tornado, Airfix and Classic Airframes 1/48 B-57B Canberras completed during the past two years. I'm also working on converting a RoG 1/35 Schnellboot S-100 into an RC craft with fully functioning Lurssen Effect rudder controls. That's 26 models, plus the WIPs, in two years. Like I said, I'm not able to post pics; but, I've been pretty busy. As you can see. I'm not a one-trick pony who only builds model cars. I like to break up the monotony by delving into other genres. Doing so improves one's skills in other ares of this hobby.

Say, why don't you ask the same question of the guys who regularly post pics of the multiple kits they buy at least 3-4 times a month? With the amount of items they show in the pics, they could open their own hobby shops. Their WIPs and completed models are pretty much MIA. Aren't you in the least bit interested if they fall into the Collyer Brothers accumulator or model builder categories?

Oh, here's a model I posted in "Others" in "Under Glass before I was no longer unable to d/l photos to my laptop. Not a car; but, a model nonetheless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Package arrived from Indycals this morning with a set of 64/65 wide alloy wheels for the Tamiya Lotus 25, which make it look much cooler, IMHO; a set of decals for the Tamiya Alpine 442B 1978 Le Mans winner; and a set of Apple decals for the NuNu Porsche 935K3...

best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

On 4/19/2022 at 5:59 PM, SfanGoch said:

Picked up this minty and complete Revell 1962 Imperial Crown for what amounts to chump change ($69.99 :D )

1237209517_62imperialcrownbox.jpg.5258b85396794d96d7df9d7a3a235f81.jpg

1468396960_62imperialcrownkit.jpg.c9a73baec69ecccf0bf06185e48ecb23.jpg

Four Revell '62 Mopars down and two to go (Valiant v-200 and Chrysler Newport convertible) to complete the series.

Nice! These kits are hard to come by. I wouldn’t mind owning the entire series myself. I only have the Valiant and Lancer, neither one built yet.  😕

• Like 1

The hits just keep on comin', folks. Today's is a Johan USA Oldies-issue 1962 Chrysler 300. Unmolested and complete.

I had a nasty built-up that needed a hood and other bits to restore, found listings but missed the closing bids.

Saw this complete kit for about the same dough as a "I'm not sure if all the parts are there" version, decided to spring for it and copy the stuff the other one's missing.

Image 4 - Johan 1962 Chrysler 300 Hardtop 1/25 Scale Model Kit, Unbuilt, N Mint Condition!

The ratty one told me it wants to be a Zocci-inspired custom...

1962 Chrysler 300 « Cars « Richard Zocchi's Custom Cars

...or maybe just a hot street driver.   1962 CHRYSLER 300 383 BIG BLOCK/727 TRANS BUBBLE TOP MOPAR!     B)

• Like 5

On 4/21/2022 at 7:21 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

The hits just keep on comin', folks. Today's is a Johan USA Oldies-issue 1962 Chrysler 300. Unmolested and complete.

I had a nasty built-up that needed a hood and other bits to restore, found listings but missed the closing bids.

Saw this complete kit for about the same dough as a "I'm not sure if all the parts are there" version, decided to spring for it and copy the stuff the other one's missing.

Image 4 - Johan 1962 Chrysler 300 Hardtop 1/25 Scale Model Kit, Unbuilt, N Mint Condition!

The ratty one told me it wants to be a Zocci-inspired custom...

1962 Chrysler 300 « Cars « Richard Zocchi's Custom Cars

...or maybe just a hot street driver.   1962 CHRYSLER 300 383 BIG BLOCK/727 TRANS BUBBLE TOP MOPAR!     B)

Nice find Bill!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Have to ask, is it the same promo style chassis, or a new tool?  I have several original AMT, like I need another one.

Well, I don't know as this is my first one. I can take a photo of the chassis and post it here if you want to see it. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...