Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

No pictures but yesterday I got three models from Wes's Model Corner. He has a FB page and also store in NE Tennessee. I got the Revell Bronco/Dune Buggy combo, the MPC Racers Wedge and AMT GMC Jimmy, all for $60 shipped to my house. Wes was running a sale and I couldn't pass em up!

On 5/22/2022 at 1:19 AM, Robberbaron said:

One of our local non-profit organizations runs a thrift shop.  My daughter and I volunteered for a few hours on Saturday morning.  I worked in the delivery area where everyone drops off their items to donate.

One of the boxes included a Lindberg 90s era Little Red Wagon kit.  The delivery supervisor said they wouldn't bother trying to sell it since it was opened and partially built.  They were going to toss it in the dumpster, so you know what happened.  😁

😁

Seems like everything's there.  Little bit of a glue bomb, but the price was right!

IMG_20220522_003652.jpg

Well, the novelty factor on this one just went way up.  There is some handwriting on the box top in pen: "Bill Maverick Golden #303".  I really gave it no thought when I first got it, I assumed the builder just scribbled a note on the box for some reason.

Today I was organizing my area in the basement and ran across this again.  Looking at the box, I wondered why anyone would write that.  It couldn't actually be his signature, could it?  This thing was a garage sale leftover that was getting tossed in a dumpster.

A quick Google search turned up several auctions selling similar LRW kits signed by Mr. Golden, similarly numbered.  His signature has several unique features, especially the ending letters in "Maverick".  The one on this box matches what I'm seeing in those listings, so I'm 99% sure it's legit.  Obviously somewhere along the way, this was passed on to someone who didn't know/care what it was.

Is it valuable?  The contents are half-built (poorly), the box is kinda tattered, plus there's red overspray on the right side.  So short answer: No.  Is it cool?  Heck yeah!

IMG_20220602_235337.jpg

Edited by Robberbaron
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Dpate said:

Where did you get those? Are they still on pre-order?

I bought them from Hobbyeasy.com,they were scheduled for release june 6th, i preordered mine on may 21st and got an email from them on may 23rd they were ready to ship.

Walked over to my neighbors shop today to check out his 69 Camaro SS he's had since he was 18. I'm guessing he's 60+ now. He said, " I have something for you.", and handed me this along with a Testors paint pack and some glue.

Later-

20220603_151201.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Walked over to my neighbors shop today to check out his 69 Camaro SS he's had since he was 18. I'm guessing he's 60+ now. He said, " I have something for you.", and handed me this along with a Testors paint pack and some glue.

Later-

20220603_151201.jpg

I would build him a model of his Camaro. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, espo said:

I would build him a model of his

4 hours ago, keyser said:

Agree. How it was, or how he imagines it. Nice idea. 

Camaro. 

I thought the same thing and I have a plan to once I finish a couple that I'm working on now.

Later-

• Like 4

Couple of goodies from the mailman…Createx black sealer (my go-to black for about anything black or gray that I paint), and a ‘Parts Pack’ T roadster frame tree that I ordered from Atlantis…they’re starting to sell some of these parts independently of the kits, which is cool!  Hope they do more!

9786D88C-B5ED-4AC2-9B04-41118792DE00.thumb.jpeg.c4b3a34e1556ccc48080f78540e53a33.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Later-

20220603_151201.jpg

Nice neighbor!

• Like 1

I dropped visiting family off at the airport in Nashville today and stopped at a thrift store on the way home. Found both of these for $15. The El Camino is sealed inside and someone had NOT even robbed the trail bike out of it yet!

Later-

20220604_210227.jpg

20220604_210421.jpg

7 hours ago, keyser said:

That’s an original Rommel’s Rod. Has Mercedes on valve cover. Blank on reissues. 

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of that although I saw the Mercedes Benz on the valve cover last night.

Later-

4 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of that although I saw the Mercedes Benz on the valve cover last night.

Later-

Also I don't think the newer releases have the Swastika on the spare wheel decal. Defo original

• Like 2

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...