Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

19 hours ago, keyser said:

That 510 has stock interior option. BRE do not. Lmk if you don’t want stock panels. 👍🏼

The BRE I have has the same panels as the tuner version, it appears? I haven't opened the inner bag, yet, so they may be hiding. If they're there, in their place (I just had to!😁)I'll let you know.

Monthly box from HLJ contains another set of R32 livery decals (actually it's hardly any decals, it needs a lot of masking and two-toning) and the latest in the series of pre-printed P/E Japanese license plates from Platz.

20220630_200312.jpg.2bd2c6b8500daf93ae5968e5e1af375e.jpg

Newest transkit from SMC for the Leap Design (Japanese Company) for the Aoshima Aventador SV. Interestingly the transkit is actually metal rather than resin. 😳

20220630_200335.jpg.2f51f6c57f384f50a891b365ef5ffc80.jpg

Lastly the three most recent releases from Hasegawa. The Yen is so upside down to the USD right now these came out to less than $26 a piece WITH shipping.

20220630_200345.jpg.4fb781f392fc2e57632d3f0564d0585a.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 1:38 PM, Mike C. said:

Finally got one more of my holy grails. Revell Baja Husky. Just won it on ebay and the price was unexpectantly low. Missing decal sheet but man, I was never expecting to get one this inexpensive.

revell husky.jpg

Well model arrived today and yes, the decal sheet was indeed missing but no big deal it's just a bunch of Bel Ray and Champion decals as well as the numbers for the plates. One other thing that was missing was the fine tubing to run the front brake, clutch and ignition cables. I have some left over from the Grim Reaper chopper I did a while back but if I run short, I'll have to source some from somewhere else. Looking forward to this build.

10 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

The BRE I have has the same panels as the tuner version, it appears? I haven't opened the inner bag, yet, so they may be hiding. If they're there, in their place (I just had to!😁)I'll let you know.

Iirc it has stock seats front and rear. Side panels might be reversible, BRE on one side, stock on other side. I’ll swap you for the stock stuff if it’s there. 

2 hours ago, cobraman said:

Received a can of my favorite clear . Price has gone up , way up . Paid 28 bucks on line but I really like this stuff and can probably do 4 or 5 1/25 cars with it . 

D650C482-48D9-496E-B84F-3425A0B764B7.jpeg

I got this for bout $65 great stuff. 

716UY5I36VL._AC_SL1200_.jpg.e177adbc09da65fa40be1f242ea07607.jpg

On 7/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, unclescott58 said:

It looks like Atlantis’ service is as good as their models. They have informed me, that the replacement parts I need are already in the mail on their way to me. What more can one ask for? 

Well, the Atlantis folks are as good as their word. Friday, they told the missing parts were on there way. They arrived in today’s mail. That’s fast service. I’m impressed. 

881758DA-0E7E-462F-96AD-7417ABC7EB07.jpeg

Edited by unclescott58
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Well, the Atlantis folks are as good as their word. Friday, they told the missing parts were on there way. They arrived in today’s mail. That’s fast service. I’m impressed. 

I wish companies would start putting the gate attachments on the bottom of the rim edge instead of the actual lip of the rim.  One of the biggest pet peeves i have in this hobby when it comes to kits.  

I had my son clear some stuff out of our attic that he had put up there some twenty or so years ago. Found and gave me both these kits, a 1/12 scale 57 Chevy and the 1/24 F150. He has no memory of buying them.  JACKPOT!!!

2F6FF805-AE6A-4295-9003-EA1ABA6EDD6A.jpeg

7162FBED-E9F0-4D47-A4DD-FB526CA42842.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dpate said:

I wish companies would start putting the gate attachments on the bottom of the rim edge instead of the actual lip of the rim.  One of the biggest pet peeves i have in this hobby when it comes to kits.  

I will totally agree. I was working on a Aoshima kit tonight and the gate attachment was at the bottom of the rim. I was shocked and wondered the same thing!

13 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Holly cow that was super fast shipping !

23 hours ago, mchook said:

Got this today!

IMG_0478.JPG

Been waiting for someone to get this.  Let us know how it is? I've been eye balling it for AWHILE now. I got mengs new BMW kit for $65 instead of the OG price so i couldn't get this kit yet. I LOVE moebius kits. 

21 hours ago, shoopdog said:

I will totally agree. I was working on a Aoshima kit tonight and the gate attachment was at the bottom of the rim. I was shocked and wondered the same thing!

I think i have 1 or 2 tamiya kits that had the sprue gate at the lip of the rim, but every other tamiya, aoshima, hasagawa, etc that i have doesn't and it will spoil you lol.  Revells new tooled porche has the sprue gate attached to the bottom of the rim and i was blown away when i  opened the box and seen it.  It's easy to mess up a rim if you aren't careful especially if the gate is thick it's like molded into the rim itself and just messes the whole rim up.  

Edited by Dpate

1 hour ago, 64SS350 said:

A guy on YouTube (Throttle Power) did an unboxing of the Ford 350 Ramp truck. LOTS of parts! Has some cool options!

May have to get a couple myself!

Yeah just got through watching it thank you.  I'm most def getting this kit gotta love moebius. 

• Like 1

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...