Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 7/5/2022 at 10:37 PM, shoopdog said:

I had my son clear some stuff out of our attic that he had put up there some twenty or so years ago. Found and gave me both these kits, a 1/12 scale 57 Chevy and the 1/24 F150. He has no memory of buying them.  JACKPOT!!!

2F6FF805-AE6A-4295-9003-EA1ABA6EDD6A.jpeg

7162FBED-E9F0-4D47-A4DD-FB526CA42842.jpeg

The newer 1/12 '57 Belair kits are molded in white styrene....

On 7/2/2022 at 3:44 PM, cobraman said:

Received a can of my favorite clear . Price has gone up , way up . Paid 28 bucks on line but I really like this stuff and can probably do 4 or 5 1/25 cars with it . 

Jebus, I bought a can early this year and it was like $15, big price increase in just a few months,  why didnt you buy it local ?,I bought it from O'Reilly Auto Parts

Edited by martinfan5

The 4th of July is my birthday.  I just so happened to look at airbrushes for sale.

I found this one at what I think was a good price. It is an Aerograph/Devilbiss Super63 model A:

1776884336_S6301.jpg.eb2ba0542b3df6479a0ae5a368ebe26c.jpg

158006942_s6302.thumb.jpg.835708cac61a41fa7606c49c6b002fde.jpg

1235325329_s6303.jpg.9345efdb4165bfb3e913c4b199be591a.jpg

From what I can tell this brush has never been used. I had shied away from A models as I didn't think there was much use for them. There is and I have since changed my mind. I'm looking to add a few more to my collection. This one is post 1980.

I'm a happy camper!

While I was searching BD gifts for myself I bought another one too. It should be here tomorrow. I'll post pics once it shows.

Edited by DPNM

Good find on the Paasche H Bruce. Looks to have the number 3 needle/nozzle which should work well for model painting. 

And if you haven't yet, you may want to screw the trigger button on a bit more.

Edited by DPNM

14 hours ago, DPNM said:

Good find on the Paasche H Bruce. Looks to have the number 3 needle/nozzle which should work well for model painting. 

And if you haven't yet, you may want to screw the trigger button on a bit more.

Thank you DPNM, I do not know paasche air brushes that well, so any info is greatly appreciated. The gentleman I bought them from , bought them from a retired ceramic girl that air brushed her ceramics. I kept walking past them at the show. A friend that I was with looked at them and said they looked real good and he bought one. So I thought for $20 it might be ok. I have several air brushes but no paasche. I noticed right off the bat that it is so simple. The clean up was amazing. I’m glad I bought it. 

3 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Thank you DPNM, I do not know paasche air brushes that well, so any info is greatly appreciated. The gentleman I bought them from , bought them from a retired ceramic girl that air brushed her ceramics. I kept walking past them at the show. A friend that I was with looked at them and said they looked real good and he bought one. So I thought for $20 it might be ok. I have several air brushes but no paasche. I noticed right off the bat that it is so simple. The clean up was amazing. I’m glad I bought it. 

I just screwed down the trigger button . Thank you sir!

6 hours ago, Brudda said:

I just screwed down the trigger button . Thank you sir!

You're welcome Bruce. Wouldn't be good if the button fell off mid pass. 

The H is a pretty simple brush. I have a few although I've never used one. I stick with my Binks Wren when I use a single action. It's the brush I learned on and pretty much the same as the H. They are easy to clean. I don't see one in the bag but you may need to find an allen wrench for the screw holding the nozzle and needle in, if you ever plan to take it apart. One out of your tool box should work. 

If you got the hose with it it was a pretty decent deal. 

And this is what came today. A Creos PS771 and some extra parts for my H&S Infinity CR+:
1748117622_ps77101.thumb.jpg.33521993f403460be2b67f2ae0d73f99.jpg

The PS771 is the poor mans Iwata Micron. I read reviews and watched some YouTube videos and everything was positive.

If you read my signature I did fall off the recovery wagon with these two. I am going to try to stop looking at brushes for a while again.

Edited by DPNM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DPNM said:

And this is what came today. A Creos PS771 and some extra parts for my H&S Infinity CR+:
1748117622_ps77101.thumb.jpg.33521993f403460be2b67f2ae0d73f99.jpg

The PS771 is the poor mans Iwata Micron. I read reviews and watched some YouTube videos and everything was positive.

If you read my signature I did fall off the recovery wagon with these two. I am going to try to stop looking at brushes for a while again.

Might be a poor mans version, but the creo's are amazing brushes.  I own a PS270 just for Metallics like chrome and other metals. 

2 hours ago, Dpate said:

Might be a poor mans version, but the creo's are amazing brushes.  I own a PS270 just for Metallics like chrome and other metals. 

In hindsight (mine is usually 20/20, I wish my foresight had a closer ratio) "poor mans" might not be the best choice of words. From what I gathered the 771 is pretty much on the level with a Micron at about half the price. Seems like a win.

Your choice of the 270 sounds like a good one.

Edited by DPNM

So that kit I just got has a problem . Was going to do a stock version but when I opened the box I found a stock wheel missing !  Bag is sealed and there is a blank spot where the wheel goes . Weird . I guess I will find a set of some kind in my parts box . 

2428053F-0C3D-4C08-8222-E4696EC44977.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...