Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I finally brought this home, it's been on lay-a-way since November!

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

Hopefully I don't end up doing this to it though :P:P

eb39e25f.jpg

e13a3250.jpg

c0a717f2.jpg

Alright, i ventured into the hobby store tonight for the club build, and did a quick browsing through the models. something caught my eye.

it looks old.

AMT 57 chevy "pepper shaker"

i looked all over every part, the box, and the instructions (which are ancient) and i cannot figure out when it was released. would anybody know when this released?

DSC02207.jpg

DSC02206.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

the best thing is i picked it up for 8 bucks and it's only missing front tires, which i have lots of.

Dang it, I wish that Round 2 reissued this kit like that instead of the way they did!

Ever find youself buying something online just because it looks so pathetic and in need of a home?

BjwUstwBWkKGrHqUOKiEEsmg93JLBLU1KdQ.jpg?t=1264426555

Slap it in some scale cote,find you a 80's issue 71 Road Runner,and redo that sucker,that was a great find there,an original MPC GTX!,I'd love to find that kit!

I got these yesterday, so I hope it counts. Was at a local swap meet.

First, I got the only two 1/24 scale Heller kits I was still missing! It was like finding two long lost children:

kit001.jpg

kit002.jpg

These will probably not overly excite you, but they aren't that easy to come by on these shores:

kit005.jpg

kit006.jpg

A few additions to my ever growing 1/20 scale stock. I find 1/20 a very interesting scale:

kit003.jpg

kit004.jpg

kit009.jpg

kit010.jpg

A Fujimi 'Tohge' Mitsubishi Starion Turbo in 1/24 scale:

kit008.jpg

I have this obsession that I will once build one of these ornate Japanese hearses, hence I always pick up something like this when I see it:

kit007.jpg

Edited by Junkman

WOW Marc, THAT IS RARE!!! The 2 ORIGINAL kits I have are BOTH YELLOW! I've never seen it in basic white! GREAT score. And Today I got the just released Airfix 1/24th scale De Havilland Mosquito Fighter Bomber! My MOST favorite aircraft of WWII. I have been in love with this aircraft since I saw the movie 633 squadron in 1963!!!! And NOW I FINALLY have it in 24th scale!!! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

cal..i've got that one and the '76 San Remo rally car also.. yes, nice kits..the rally car has a ton of p/e, mudflap material for the rear, verry nice Cartograf decals...i did my stocker in yellow.... well, the 1st time...lolol

cal..i've got that one and the '76 San Remo rally car also.. yes, nice kits..the rally car has a ton of p/e, mudflap material for the rear, verry nice Cartograf decals...i did my stocker in yellow.... well, the 1st time...lolol

Cool I cant wait I should be seeing my rally one any day.

146 Parts. I was thinking man that was a lot for a Hase curbside kit. :lol:

Went to Hobby Lobby today to check out the 30% off sale. Didn't really see anything that I just had to have, but on the endcap, they had some open box stuff. Lo and behold, but a 1/12th Revell Ferrari Testarossa had been marked down from $69.99 to $15.49. Checked it out and all bags, decals, and instructions are present.

Guess what followed me home and got stashed before the wifey found out...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...