Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked these up last week. 

The Olds is painted and previously built custom but has all the stock parts except the stock hubcaps and lower tail lights. 

The Riviera was built and stripped. The roof/trunk overlay was glued on at one time and left some rash on the sail panels and trunk lid but can easily be repaired. Again, all the stock parts are here except wheels.

The Bonneville was assembles but no paint. Super clean body except a little excess glue where the front bumper was glued on. All stock parts are there except one tail light and the stock grille insert. 

Also not shown is a JoHan '63 Caddy cvt. Just body, front and rear bumpers, interior, top boot and chassis plate.  Windshield is gone and I don't have a spare hood for it right now but I definitely have some cool plans for it. 😈 [BTW, anyone have a spare '63 or '64 Caddy hood they don't need?]

IMG 3415

I was also gifted these sets of wheels and tires that my friend Steve Knox printed. You probably can't tell from the pic but they scale out to about 20 or 21 inches. 

Not exactly sure what I'll use the Cragars on but I definitely know where those big Caddy wheels are going. 😈 

IMG 3413

• Like 2

Saw this at the Sacramento IPMS event. Their club had a expensive for sale table but the kits were really discounted. By a lot. But still expensive. I could not get this kit out if my mind, for the price. The kit needs a lot of modeling to get it to look right. But that’s what we do, right? Anyway, Scott had to go to Sacramento last weekend and he picked it up for me. What in the world am I going to do with another big kit? I’m glad my wife understands my insanity. Or it may be she just puts up with it. Here it is, it will go great with the Lamborghini Miura I’m building. Boy Since the daughter moved out to the college dorm, I can store these kits in her room. I’m hooked with these big kits. Just bought the 1/8 monogram jag for $40 also. Hello my name is Bruce and I’m a plastic addict. 

480006AA-F810-4340-9B16-BE38F8EF6226.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Saw this at the Sacramento IPMS event. Their club had a expensive for sale table but the kits were really discounted. By a lot. But still expensive. I could not get this kit out if my mind, for the price. The kit needs a lot of modeling to get it to look right. But that’s what we do, right? Anyway, Scott had to go to Sacramento last weekend and he picked it up for me. What in the world am I going to do with another big kit? I’m glad my wife understands my insanity. Or it may be she just puts up with it. Here it is, it will go great with the Lamborghini Miura I’m building. Boy Since the daughter moved out to the college dorm, I can store these kits in her room. I’m hooked with these big kits. Just bought the 1/8 monogram jag for $40 also. Hello my name is Bruce and I’m a plastic addict. 

is the kit proportioned like the box art? or is it just a really bad photo of the car

1 hour ago, Brudda said:

I believe this may be the same kit offered many years ago with a Testors name on it . Same scale metal kit I think . I bought one when it was a brand new kit many years ago . I bought it at a Toy City store for 299.99 dollars . The red paint on it was not too good and they exchanged the body for one in much better condition .  Never built it and sold it for what I paid a couple years later . 

7115C85A-4CA8-4C50-9B01-B255BA16B98B.jpeg

1960D021-4D2A-4C43-888D-1DF87ED2B953.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cobraman said:

I believe this may be the same kit offered many years ago with a Testors name on it . Same scale metal kit I think . I bought one when it was a brand new kit many years ago . I bought it at a Toy City store for 299.99 dollars . The red paint on it was not too good and they exchanged the body for one in much better condition .  Never built it and sold it for what I paid a couple years later . 

1960D021-4D2A-4C43-888D-1DF87ED2B953.jpeg

Yes Ray it’s the same. The kit needs a lot of work but I’m ready to tackle it. I’m going to paint it a different color. Thinking of a blue. A lot of fit issues and the interior looks real bad, really toy like. But the challenge is there and I’m ready for it. Really incredible the difference between the Muira and the quality of the Ferrari. The Muira is so good. And the testarossa is not. I still have a supersnake to build. the Mazda cozmo is comming soon. I guess a Porsche and a f1 Ferrari is suppose to be comming also. These new kits are sooo much better. Going to try to make this ugly duckling into a swan. 

13 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Yes Ray it’s the same. The kit needs a lot of work but I’m ready to tackle it. I’m going to paint it a different color. Thinking of a blue. A lot of fit issues and the interior looks real bad, really toy like. But the challenge is there and I’m ready for it. Really incredible the difference between the Muira and the quality of the Ferrari. The Muira is so good. And the testarossa is not. I still have a supersnake to build. the Mazda cozmo is comming soon. I guess a Porsche and a f1 Ferrari is suppose to be comming also. These new kits are sooo much better. Going to try to make this ugly duckling into a swan. 

The Miura is really so much better. Man the Ferrari needs a lot of work. To get the Ferrari to the level of the Miura is going to be interesting. 

DA4967E1-0F92-4C7F-9A65-FE7F1A46E2EB.jpeg

FB5B56EE-6047-416B-8687-D42F6B768AD9.jpeg

80248373-8E0A-4F3E-92B3-DFD8E9C65FA3.jpeg

06CD7BE2-20C0-439F-91AC-A9F615B295CA.jpeg

E6F19FCE-6758-4C74-B9F6-C6CAB4CF7EF5.jpeg

10 hours ago, cobraman said:

Your cobra is sooo much better. Here is a pic to get your model juice’s flowing. It took 1st place at the Sacramento IPMS contest in large scale. 

22549B07-A784-49D9-B367-07D4CEF206BE.jpeg

9 hours ago, Brudda said:

Wow !  Looks like you have your time planned out for quite awhile !

recent arrival, apparently its pretty rare. its also very under scale, very few parts. I'm kinda disappointed with it, I knew it wouldn't be full detail but i planned to put a fujimi 190 chassis under it but its too long and wide for that to work. I'm just guessing at the scale but i'd say its closer to 1/28 or smaller. my tamiya bugs are about the same size as this.

DSC07859.JPG

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Nice Cobra Bruce. Was that a hint for me ?  I plan/hope to start mine before years end. If not it will be after Christmas.

Just a little, but I know this big build will kind of consume a person. This is why I am doing a few 1/25-24 kits, to clear my head. ( having fun) .