Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

5 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Hobby Lobby score. The 50 Chevy, Camaro, and the Ford GT were clearance. The Charger was 40% off. Don't know why I got the GT Lemans, I know nothing about those type race cars.

DSCN0184.JPG

Ford GT has not made it to my HL yet..

On 10/3/2022 at 10:12 PM, CabDriver said:

My 32 roadster kit arrived.  

I still haven’t built my 32 roadster from the FIRST issue that I bought a few of when it first was released (the red streetrod version), but I was still excited for this to arrive today 🤪

90946223-95F3-4EDE-B299-2A60FEF3DBDA.thumb.jpeg.9a90465b619ee0996703de013a5be6e1.jpeg

Looking forward to that kit..

Went in with a friend to purchase a collection and pics of my half of the kits.  Most are sealed and will be going on ebay soon.  Contact me if you're interested in any.  I think the old 3 in 1 kits are fairly rare.

DSCN5469.JPG

DSCN5470.JPG

DSCN5471.JPG

DSCN5472.JPG

DSCN5473.JPG

DSCN5474.JPG

DSCN5475.JPG

DSCN5476.JPG

DSCN5477.JPG

DSCN5478.JPG

Edited by crazyjim
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Went in with a friend to purchase a collection and pics of my half of the kits.  Most are sealed and will be going on ebay soon.  Contact me if you're interested in any.  I think the old 3 in 1 kits are fairly rare.

Cool cool cool. I'm trying to overcome my lust for a few of those. If I fail, I'll PM ya.   :D

16 hours ago, crazyjim said:

DSCN5469.JPG

DSCN5470.JPG

DSCN5471.JPG

DSCN5472.JPG

DSCN5473.JPG

DSCN5474.JPG

DSCN5475.JPG

DSCN5476.JPG

DSCN5477.JPG

DSCN5478.JPG

Looks like a lifetime worth of kits. These would all be very desirable to a collector, but from strictly a builder standpoint Round 2 has reissued all of these a few times over.  That said, the fine details on the bodies and other parts should be much sharper than reissues using well-worn molds. 

3 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Just received a  factory - sealed Ferrari 250 GTO from 1988 (Italeri rebox) - from ebay Germany.P1070460.JPG.538e65aba49827eae9922bfa45c83ec8.JPG

You can't have enough GTO's...

No, no you can’t. That’s Italeri rebox, imo the best looking kit save for tires/wheels. Though wheels serviceable. RoG reboxed Protar later, but rear fenders are mess on it. I don’t have that issue. 😢

33 minutes ago, keyser said:

No, no you can’t. That’s Italeri rebox, imo the best looking kit save for tires/wheels. Though wheels serviceable. RoG reboxed Protar later, but rear fenders are mess on it. I don’t have that issue. 😢

I had exactly this one back in 1988, built it, but used the numbers/roundels for my Esci SWB back then. I also have several Italeris, 2 Fujimis, 1 Gunze and the Revell (ex.-Protar) which looks like the hunchback from Notre-dame and will only be used with a resin conversion body.

• Like 1