Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 11/5/2022 at 5:08 AM, 64SS350 said:

The Vette kits are from a maker on eBay called....The Parts Box.

If you order, note that when I received my parts, they were grippy to the touch and flexible. Upon inquiry, he stated to put them in the sun for a bit, I would regulate that upon temp. I placed them out for several hours on an overcast day and seen a big improvement. I may put some out again for a time. Some layering is visible, but the parts sand up very nicely!

Note the Vette is also made in larger scale, tempting!!

Found'em! Very cool, and yes, that large one is pretty tempting, but I think 1/24th will be fine. Thanks for the info

Now, who makes decals for it? 

On 11/6/2022 at 9:09 AM, ranma said:

The haul from the once a month Flea Market in Decatur Indiana. I bought the aircraft and the ship for $5.00 each (parts still sealed in their bags) The MPC Mustang (sealed in it's bag) $10. while the C-1500 promo was $20, and the '59 Lincoln friction promo was a cheap $25.00!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC07135.JPG

DSC07136.JPG

DSC07137.JPG

DSC07138.JPG

DSC07139.JPG

DSC07140.JPG

DSC07141.JPG

DSC07142.JPG

DSC07143.JPG

DSC07144.JPG

DSC07145.JPG

DSC07146.JPG

Nice score!

Jo-Han Eldorado.....pre 76 body.  Unbuilt with the best chrome I've seen

AMG Mercedes...missing wheels/tires but for $15, I can find some Ronal

Fujimi Testrossa......open/complete.

Classic Mercedes F/S.  This, the Classic Cadillac and the Fast Buck....not sure when or if they'll be back

Dayton.jpeg

The Chrysler Turbine car I got from EBay over the weekend. The Pontiac and Ford Racing Team I got at my local Walmart today. Funny. These were on the top shelf of the doll isle and they had moved all the model kits from a center isle display to a shelf also in the doll isle. Why I don’t know. They just got them in. 

614E32EF-F97E-4AA6-A643-84464C0913D3.jpeg

9F9E6003-4F95-4881-899F-E88D43FEC1BE.jpeg

• Like 2

Not today, but on Tuesday Hobby lobby not only got new stuff in and had a 40% off sale, but...

20221101_174123.thumb.jpg.0b747eb9ecfc31809e740cdbe5212c45.jpg 

They finally got these suckers in! Walked out the door $44 for the two!

Then on Friday after helping out GF, I went to another HL on my way back and grabbed another two of these before the sale ends! One of them was opened missing wheels & tires and the cashier did it 60% off.

No more paying Evilbay prices for original issues! Surprised I didn't see any of these new issues up there (yet).

Edited by RickRollerLT1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ewetwo said:

The Chrysler Turbine car I got from EBay over the weekend. The Pontiac and Ford Racing Team I got at my local Walmart today. Funny. These were on the top shelf of the doll isle and they had moved all the model kits from a center isle display to a shelf also in the doll isle. Why I don’t know. They just got them in. 

614E32EF-F97E-4AA6-A643-84464C0913D3.jpeg

9F9E6003-4F95-4881-899F-E88D43FEC1BE.jpeg

Nice score buddy!  My Walmart still don’t carry models maybe this Christmas they will.

14 hours ago, RickRollerLT1 said:

Not today, but on Tuesday Hobby lobby not only got new stuff in and had a 40% off sale, but...

20221101_174123.thumb.jpg.0b747eb9ecfc31809e740cdbe5212c45.jpg 

They finally got these suckers in! Walked out the door $44 for the two!

Then on Friday after helping out GF, I went to another HL on my way back and grabbed another two of these before the sale ends! One of them was opened missing wheels & tires and the cashier did it 60% off.

No more paying Evilbay prices for original issues! Surprised I didn't see any of these new issues up there (yet).

Nice score on those Toyotas I going to check tomorrow but it’s not a sale week..

They might Carl. Mine never had them before this week. Odd they moved them from a center isle display to a self with the dolls. And they were just shoved in there so you had to work you way back to see what was there. The Ford racing kit was on the very top shelf of a different isle. I spotted it up there and grabbed it. Just went to the other Walmart near me and nothing there. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Mail call today! Fortunately, there was no damage to the kit. Bought off of FB Marketplace. I sent the seller a polite note that "most buyers would not appreciate recieving a kit in a bag- damaged or undamaged. But, I got the kit and I'm happy!

Later-

20221107_141330.jpg

20221107_141359.jpg

As part of you purchase or trade negations should include transportation agreements as well. I agree that when shipping any type of model that a proper box should be used. Even then there is always the chance that it may be used as a football during work brakes or as a chock for the tires on the truck.

• Like 1