Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 hours ago, thatz4u said:

How was  the show this year??

Meh......

Depends on what you're looking for.  Jason (great Matchbox connection) is two releases behind as Mattel is pushing out to big box retailers first.  The guy that the Roadrunner kits had five kits and quickly sold his other three.  The guy that had the Monte had about ten kits but all were overpriced. Overpriced POPS characters. Lots of higher end Hot Wheels that Mattel puts decent wheels on a $1 casting and nice card art for $8 a piece

This past month has been motorcycle mania for me. It started with the Tamiya KTM with rider, then the 1/25 Yamaha dirt bikes, yesterday I took the plunge and won the Tamiya 450 Honda CR with rider. and this morning, I ordered the Tamiya rider alone to go on my Revell Baja Husky. Should be cool!

The Honda and the Rider have to come from Japan, so they may take a wile to get here.

12-tamiya-ktm-250-mx-dirt-bike_1_7fc06dfce8d81e2c9fab9ace1ec90024.jpg

R (29).jpg

tam14018.jpg

017f5a5bbf0a824332ac887f44d38a33.jpg

• Like 2

So I ordered from Pegasus Hobbies on Tuesday (11/15) in the morning and today (11/18) this showed up. Coast to Coast in 3 days, not bad service!

I looked at it briefly, so I can't say what is and isn't warped (hopefully none of it is) but a quick look at the bags and instructions and it looks like a great kit. The plow is bigger than the one in the Revell GMC pickup and there are two plow light options, the round ones shown on the box and rectangular ones like in the Revell kit.

IMG_6691.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, bamadon said:

Two of the new Revell '32 Ford Roadsters delivered today from Hobbylinc.  $22.79 each plus shipping. I thought that was a pretty good price.

That is a deal. I just checked their website and they show them out of stock and priced at $29.09.

A couple more from the swap meet I went to a couple weeks ago. The Olds, I've already shown.

All were built but apart now. and in good condition.

The Buick has all the parts except wheels for a stock build 

and the '65 Bonnie is an original issue that has very crisp scripts and almost no seam on the front bumper. I picked up the latest reissue a couple weeks ago so this one will be built in black and almost stock since it's so sharp and the new one will be a full custom.

The bumpers for all these and a couple more are now stripped and being sent for new chrome.

IMG 3427

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Can-Con said:

A couple more from the swap meet I went to a couple weeks ago. The Olds, I've already shown.

All were built but apart now. and in good condition.

The Buick has all the parts except wheels for a stock build 

and the '65 Bonnie is an original issue that has very crisp scripts and almost no seam on the front bumper. I picked up the latest reissue a couple weeks ago so this one will be built in black and almost stock since it's so sharp and the new one will be a full custom.

The bumpers for all these and a couple more are now stripped and being sent for new chrome.

IMG 3427

I like those kits , Steve we had a neighbor had the 65 Oldsmobile in Chicago..

• Like 1

Another order in from SpotModel as I abuse the great $ to € rates.

One of the Le Mans winners for my collection of those (and Fujimi 917Ks in general). 

20221118_195631.jpg.92ac0b7132fc0b6e359fcf33c0c72b02.jpg

Also the primary reason for the order Decalcas did a "reprint" on these Opel Manta wheels for this specific decal sheet. I dilly-dallied around and missed out ordering the wheels when they were originally released. So I grabbed them and the decals after getting a re-stock notification email. Love those 80s sponsors...Philips Car Audio...when was the last time they even made a car stereo? 😜 

20221118_195617.jpg.06ea61b102bb5d765fa02de28362cfc6.jpg

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 2

Hobby Lobby 40% off today. There was a lady resetting the shelf, removing some kits and adding some. I asked if they were getting in new kits, she said yes. I got this one, never saw it there before so I guess it's new. Saw a few other new ones, all Revell, 67 Corvette Coupe, 57 T-Bird and a Porsche 911. 

DSCN0272.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

One of the Le Mans winners for my collection of those (and Fujimi 917Ks in general). 

Also the primary reason for the order Decalcas did a "reprint" on these Opel Manta wheels for this specific decal sheet. I dilly-dallied around and missed out ordering the wheels when they were originally released. So I grabbed them and the decals after getting a re-stock notification email. Love those 80s sponsors...Philips Car Audio...when was the last time they even made a car stereo? 😜 

I just looked on spotmodel... what kinda deals are you seeing? 

5 hours ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

I just looked on spotmodel... what kinda deals are you seeing? 

I'm not saying they're running crazy sales, but the exchange rate between the US Money Dollar and the Euro is floating around a 1:1 ratio in the first time in forever. The byproduct of that is a drop in what European kits (Revell, Italeri) and aftermarket costs to purchase by a few dollars compared to a year ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Great looking Opel Manta, I remember those on the rally stages!