Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

These are my Kijiji purchases made yesterday. The first two pics are kits that are new in shrink wrap, except the Predicta. It is open but complete. The next four pictures were sold as parts kits. I did not respond when the ad originally went up and missed out on quite a few other great kits.

2022-11-25a.jpg

2022-11-25b.jpg

2022-11-25c.jpg

2022-11-25d.jpg

2022-11-25e.jpg

2022-11-25f.jpg

• Like 5

I went to the Kalamazoo toy show yesterday for some styrene therapy and picked up a resin '50 Olds sedan delivery body, an Airfix boxed Peugeot 206WRC rally car, a Revell '69 Dart, a Porsche 962 and a Toyota 88 C by Hasegawa. I also found some wood grain that applies like BMF. That should be interesting.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

New Powerslide decals offering an alternative to doing the new Salvinos JR 1971 "Chrysler Plymouth" as a Petty car.

20221127_122312.jpg.ed52a453945aa6c2ffb6b27268d3a319.jpg

Nice!  I like the Norm Nelson decals!!!  Bobby Unser drove a Chris Vallo purple Road Runner to a win at the Milwaukee Mile back in the day if I remember correctly.  That was the first of the "mystery" money men that I can ever remember in racing.  Now it seems pretty common to get funny munny in racing these days!

13 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

These arrived today. And the price for the kits and postage we really cheap. Each kit was $23 except the Firebird was $24. Postage was $12.59. A bargain I think. Ordered them on Friday and they arrived today. 

68E245C4-99C9-4C34-86E2-3F47D090FFCA.jpeg

Man i WISH that dodge wasn't a snap :(

5 hours ago, steveracer said:

Nice!  I like the Norm Nelson decals!!!  Bobby Unser drove a Chris Vallo purple Road Runner to a win at the Milwaukee Mile back in the day if I remember correctly.  That was the first of the "mystery" money men that I can ever remember in racing.  Now it seems pretty common to get funny munny in racing these days!

Powerslide is doing three variants (on one sheet) of the CV Roadrunner as well as the red Petty Enterprises #99 one driven by Fred Lorenson in January. 

5 hours ago, ewetwo said:

These arrived today. And the price for the kits and postage we really cheap. Each kit was $23 except the Firebird was $24. Postage was $12.59. A bargain I think. Ordered them on Friday and they arrived today. 

68E245C4-99C9-4C34-86E2-3F47D090FFCA.jpeg

That is a good deal buddy!

7 hours ago, keyser said:

The body is really nice, prob won’t need paint. Tilt/Marui has great Pantera, best ever done, and BMW 3.5 CSL. Lots of others. 
Nice find. Make great curbside, but has under hood details. 

Yea a Pantera is on my procurement list... haven't decided wich one... I don't think any were produced as full detail kits as far as I know...

As for the Lambo, I'm considering wanting to reproduce this.

Lambo-Miura-SVR-rer.thumb.jpg.00680a8a74b642fafd21ae6ba8369e37.jpg

that is just a really weird combination of sexy and tough... one of my favorite looking vehicles from the rear ever! 

• Like 1

That kit makes a great Jota like that. 
Their Pantera has best body and wheels ever. 

I’ve got all of them, they did 1:24 Ferrari 312T, Tyrell 007, and McLaren M24, really great kits. Ignore motorized stuff. They look great. 
Wish molds would appear, but well over 20y since last seen. 
I’d not bother with opening everything up. 
Have fun. 
Hasegawa makes a nice Jota too. But I like body on Tilt better. 

Edited by keyser
  • Like 1

Just picked up one of these on feebay. Sealed kit! Sure, these are curbside, snap kits, but the are 1/25 and will work with the bin full of parts from the deserter kit alone and are really good looking when finished. I have an Olson bros. winch bumper set that will fit (not too sure about the future of that co.). Already have a set of Fireball tires in the bin picked out for this one. I'm thinking the 1/25 wheels from the Deserter kit will look nice with this kit. Should be nice on the shelf in the end.

599de8e955a4b1bfc186cb1fa726de00.jpg