Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

18 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Nice haul, I am envious of that fine looking tan sedan body.

Thanks. It feels like it may be resin.

18 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Looks like a great find. I think I see a Palmer Thunderbird in that collection. 🙂

Thanks. Yes it is!

14 hours ago, Joe Nunes said:

Looks like you have some fun ahead of you!  I really enjoy going through a box of items such as you have shown us...like a box of candy.  👌

Joe

I agree. It's something I really enjoy too. I've already found a few surprises, like a "Bestmodelcarparts" resin Bronco hood and air cleaner conversion.

13 hours ago, Engine 51 said:

Is that the modern version of “Car 54” in the center there??

Lol. Maybe. It's a diecast with lightbar(still in the package).

Later-

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 10:51 AM, Modlbldr said:

Made a trade with a great guy on FB and ended up with all of this. A mix of kit parts and a few resin pieces. The box that came was a printer paper box 5 lbs full!! Haven't even had time to go through it all.

Later- 

20230123_111619.jpg

20230123_111703.jpg

20230123_112208.jpg

20230123_114102.jpg

20230123_115551.jpg

20230123_115626.jpg

20230123_115614.jpg

20230123_115622.jpg

Looks like you done well on your trade sir!

6 minutes ago, cobraman said:

My first paint order from Burbank House of Hobbies .  This is about half the paint I need for the Tamiya 1/32 P 51 Mustang .  This going by the call outs on the instructions . 

4ABA4847-07B0-4CB2-AB1B-B3828C55C9DB.jpeg

Good stuff. Burbank house of hobbies are great to order from. 

• Like 1

willys.jpg.f35bdf6620406ffcb3cad598a99df8ba.jpg

I post pictures of my various model projects on a non-related board I hang out on.  A member there asked if I was interested in "some old models" and of course I said "Sure!"  

I got a box today with these 4 variations on the classic Willys.  I've often looked at a Willys kit but never pulled the trigger.  No excuse now!

• Like 2

I took a quick look through the boxes.  All have been opened, two are missing engines/frames/suspension bits but have some cherry body and interior pieces.

The other two appear to be pretty complete and I have two sets of pickup options to work with, several sets of my favorite "bean slot" mags and a couple of bitchin' sets of slicks!

I'll have to see if I can find a nice Hemi engine package and build another gasser.

• Like 1

I'm getting to the point where I don't 'need' too many more complete kits, but wheel sets and parts to work with what I already have will always be useful:

IMG_3918.JPG.43cee8acdd9eb9e34e7eef24bdcbb25a.JPG

The Beretta isn't complete, seems like someone had enough out of it to build a slammer, but the remains should be sufficient to give something else the Pro Street treatment.

IMG_3919.JPG.b733b6e2bd50e304e0d3189f717391b3.JPG

The Nissan Laurel by Fujimi was bought complete with the intention of restoring/modifying, but it's so nicely done I've just put it straight into the cabinet. I may lower it and fit some different wheels at some point, but I don't need to do much else on it.

Edited by Spottedlaurel
  • Like 3